Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Nov 18, 2015 at 11:21 AM Post #7,546 of 63,834
A bit off topic but just wanna thank Horton(Member of the Trade: Knowledge Zenith). I did participate in this thread a while ago. Today I've just received 2 wireless KZ earphones as a gift.
Thanks again KZ.  
darthsmile.gif
L3000.gif

Nov 18, 2015 at 12:08 PM Post #7,548 of 63,834

I know you asked RayBone but I have been listening to my HDS1's a lot and on my tour N5 they were very sweet and articulate, not quite as bright as my ED9's but still let all that mid section take the lead. Bass is not thump but true. For me they are like a Jr. version of the ED9 although I've ordered the ED9 youth to see what that's all about as well I mean by the title you would think the ED9 youth is the Jr. version
rolleyes.gif
Like all the sub $15 KZ's they are well worth the money IMHO
wink_face.gif

Yea I was just wondering why he wasn't suggesting them as well as the ED9 & ATE. I have them also (2 pairs) and realy like them. I find myself reaching for them over my ED9! 
I did see the ED9 Youth and the one's I saw looks exactly like the regular ED9. 
confused.gif

I am thinking of getting the ED3 youth because it does look different than the ED3. I don't have either right now ED3 or ED3Y. Any input?

Nov 18, 2015 at 12:10 PM Post #7,549 of 63,834
A bit off topic but just wanna thank Horton(Member of the Trade: Knowledge Zenith). I did participate in this thread a while ago. Today I've just received 2 wireless KZ earphones as a gift.
Thanks again KZ.  :darthsmile: :L3000:

Yay! They're pretty good actually. Easy to pair and the call quality is quite good. KZ also has instructions on how to use them posted on their site for those that are curious. Very handy.

Edit:
www.kzearphone.com/English/html/3589014852.html

Nov 18, 2015 at 12:37 PM Post #7,550 of 63,834
  Yea I was just wondering why he wasn't suggesting them as well as the ED9 & ATE. I have them also (2 pairs) and realy like them. I find myself reaching for them over my ED9! 
I did see the ED9 Youth and the one's I saw looks exactly like the regular ED9. 
confused.gif

I am thinking of getting the ED3 youth because it does look different than the ED3. I don't have either right now ED3 or ED3Y. Any input?

No sir, never picked up either of the 3's as I really need to lay off even the bargain KZ's for a while with Christmas coming. Not to mention I have 7 pair en-route now
wink.gif
Obviously my meds are no where strong enough for my urges
blink.gif

So my ZS1's finally made it here just now and after my HDS1's got herre in their new earth conscience green box I thought What then my new ZS1's come in a black cardboard box just like the one the HDS1's were in and I've come to the conclusion it's one of three things at KZ!

1.) They have truly gone green to help save the earth?

2.) They realized they were selling $10 iem's in a $20 iem package usually reserved for $50 plus iem's?

3.) Reality set in
wink_face.gif

Nov 18, 2015 at 12:59 PM Post #7,551 of 63,834

No sir, never picked up either of the 3's as I really need to lay off even the bargain KZ's for a while with Christmas coming. Not to mention I have 7 pair en-route now
wink.gif
Obviously my meds are no where strong enough for my urges
blink.gif

So my ZS1's finally made it here just now and after my HDS1's got herre in their new earth conscience green box I thought What then my new ZS1's come in a black cardboard box just like the one the HDS1's were in and I've come to the conclusion it's one of three things at KZ!

1.) They have truly gone green to help save the earth?

2.) They realized they were selling $10 iem's in a $20 iem package usually reserved for $50 plus iem's?

3.) Reality set in
wink_face.gif

Mine are on the way...please tell me these sound good. Take your time I want a real assessment. Also what size tips do you use?

popcorn.gif

Nov 18, 2015 at 1:47 PM Post #7,553 of 63,834

Yo Cad, they are still in picture # 3 state but hopefully in the next couple days I can give you a little feedback. I will say I hope they sound as good as my new VJJ-B's , I was taken aback and was not expecting the VJJ's to sound very good and for me they can keep up with my ATE's with no problem plus I get a better fit/seal
wink_face.gif

Nov 18, 2015 at 4:45 PM Post #7,555 of 63,834

Yo Cad, they are still in picture # 3 state but hopefully in the next couple days I can give you a little feedback. I will say I hope they sound as good as my new VJJ-B's , I was taken aback and was not expecting the VJJ's to sound very good and for me they can keep up with my ATE's with no problem plus I get a better fit/seal
wink_face.gif

i hate to hear any earphone brand except KZ and Rock(Zircon)
I see them all as overpriced ripoffs.

Nov 18, 2015 at 6:27 PM Post #7,556 of 63,834
  i hate to hear any earphone brand except KZ and Rock(Zircon)
I see them all as overpriced ripoffs.

Zircons are good ain't they!  Listening to them now.  I think they are very good in the detail retrieval department for a sub-$20 IEM.

Nov 19, 2015 at 2:39 AM Post #7,558 of 63,834
Guys, forget what I said earlier about "ZS1 = ZN1 - amp module". Their sound signature differs audibly, especially in the treble. ZN1 > ZS1.

ZN1 has the better mids, doesn't sound dark in the treble and has got more spatial width (and also a bit more depth). What the ZS1 does better is that the bass emphasis starts lower, but there is a transition between both drivers (can be slightly heard with a sine generator and seen on a measurement graph) -> bass sounds a little disconnected, not 100% coherent (~80%).

ZS1 is not bad on its own, but the ZN1 is the better out of the two (ZS1 has got somewhat veiled mids, else sound is not really much worse than ZN1).

EDIT: ZS1 has a narrower nozzle (a metal part narrows it on the inside) and the tweeter is not back-vented (the crossover sits on the back of it). No wonder why it sounds different.

Nov 19, 2015 at 2:50 AM Post #7,559 of 63,834
Received ZS1, HDS1 and ED11 today. I am very excited from initial impressions of all the three. 

ZS1 is laid back, smooth and spacey. Needs a bit more power to drive.
HDS1 is open, fairly balanced and textured.
ED11 is punchy, aggressive and requires least power of the bunch to drive. 

For comparison, on my Xduoo X2 for moderate perceived volume ED11 needs 13 ticks, HDS1 16 ticks and ZS1 21 ticks.

Pics and more details coming soon.

Rest assured, KZ has upped the game. Sheer variety amazes me. All these three releases sound totally different, has different form factors. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back