Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Nov 16, 2015 at 2:21 PM Post #7,516 of 63,803
what do you recommend for pc with old motherboard? i have ALC662 chipset (p5kpl am se motherboard) do you think this is enough for feeding these earphones? if you have affordable dac recommendations, please tell me.

Nov 16, 2015 at 2:25 PM Post #7,517 of 63,803
what do you recommend for pc with old motherboard? i have ALC662 chipset (p5kpl am se motherboard) do you think this is enough for feeding these earphones? if you have affordable dac recommendations, please tell me.
As said before, no amp's needed to run any of these phones due to 16 ohm resistances! With that being said, they'll practically be fine off of any audio source. If you want a cheap dac, get a topping nx2 or smsl m2, you'll pick up efi noise that you wouldn't hear in higher resistance phones (like pistons and other name brands) though.

Nov 16, 2015 at 3:52 PM Post #7,518 of 63,803

I noticed that, though the lack of some kind of clip makes me doubt the earphone wont fall during the run, any one has experience with it during sport/run ?

I also couldn't find any info about its water/sweat resistant which is also important for running usage 

Yup don't pay attention to KZ's marketing in this case. I think half the IEM's you can find on Aliexpress will claim to be for sport. Most are lying.

I have EDSE, RX, ED8, ED9, ED10, ATE, ZS1. The best for running or similar exercise is ED10, by a long way - the design slips in and stays in your ears, particularly if you use tips that seal well for you (the stock blue whirlwinds rarely work for me). I use UE600 style tips on them and they don't budge. 

HDS1 and 2, and ED3 M (or Youth) seem worth looking at too, all being so small and simply designed they'll likely behave in the ear. I haven't received them yet though. 

Nov 16, 2015 at 4:47 PM Post #7,520 of 63,803

Yup don't pay attention to KZ's marketing in this case. I think half the IEM's you can find on Aliexpress will claim to be for sport. Most are lying.

I have EDSE, RX, ED8, ED9, ED10, ATE, ZS1. The best for running or similar exercise is ED10, by a long way - the design slips in and stays in your ears, particularly if you use tips that seal well for you (the stock blue whirlwinds rarely work for me). I use UE600 style tips on them and they don't budge. 

HDS1 and 2, and ED3 M (or Youth) seem worth looking at too, all being so small and simply designed they'll likely behave in the ear. I haven't received them yet though. 

Especially HDS2 is promising. i cant wait to someone rewiev them.

Nov 16, 2015 at 4:56 PM Post #7,521 of 63,803
Especially HDS2 is promising. i cant wait to someone rewiev them.

Eh, how can the HDS2 be more promising if noone haven't even reviewed it yet????

Nov 16, 2015 at 5:12 PM Post #7,522 of 63,803

ED3 is actually a pretty bulky and heavy earphone. I don't think they would be the best for physical activity. The other two are more likely candidates.

Nov 16, 2015 at 5:14 PM Post #7,523 of 63,803
I'm just going to say a few words about selecting an IEM for running and other exercise... IMHO YMMV and all that.

Companies seems to like to make IEMs with rather large housing with long stems and market for running purposes. This gives the appearance of a large housing sitting in your ear, and a lot of the time this IEM will want to travel out... and break your seal. I have the ATE but haven't managed to make it seal yet in my ear, so can't comment too much on that. Instead opting for something small and light could be better for exercise, staying in place in your ear. Light IEMs are less inclined to move.

HDS1 would probably be good. I haven't tried it because I do not have it yet, but it should be here soon as it was 3 weeks since I ordered it. (I do own similarly sized microdriver IEMs)

I've used EDSE with foam tips today at the gym and it's absolutely fine. EDSE is quite light as I think it's a thin wall, much lighter than ED ES and ED9, etc.

These are sub $10 IEMs and I do expect some to die of natural causes (sweat, that is), still better than buying something more expensive with worse SQ but some sort of sweat resistance. These are way more durable than you'd expect.

Nov 16, 2015 at 5:58 PM Post #7,524 of 63,803

They run in S, MS (Medium-Small, M, ML (Medium-Large) and Large. They run on the smaller side. For example I ordered S and MS and the S were actually too small for my ears.

I ended up ordering medium-small (MS) and hope they fit correctly. Most small tips fit fine but others seem too small so I'm keeping my fingers crossed with these. What do you think about the Spinfits? I read that there are two versions and the Japanese are slippery?? and the Jaden spinfits are better...

Nov 17, 2015 at 12:26 AM Post #7,525 of 63,803
  I ended up ordering medium-small (MS) and hope they fit correctly. Most small tips fit fine but others seem too small so I'm keeping my fingers crossed with these. What do you think about the Spinfits? I read that there are two versions and the Japanese are slippery?? and the Jaden spinfits are better...

I think you'll be OK with MS Spiral Dots. As for Spinfits, I've only had experience with the CP100, which I bought at earwerks.com (now empireears.com). I've used these on my ED9, ED10 and HDS1 with no problem. TBH I thought the Japanese and the Jaben were one and the same. Maybe someone with more experience can provide some clarification.

Hope this helps.
biggrin.gif

Nov 17, 2015 at 2:17 AM Post #7,526 of 63,803
Hello all audio-holics , I am at a dilemma , I have ordered the KZ-ATE , and I had the EDSE (Burned 150+ hours) , what significant differences am I going to find between the two , and can someone shed light on the KZ-ZS1 , and compare them with the KZ-ATE ? 
Or will buying the  ZS1 be a better bet than the KZ-ATE 
Genres I listen to (Broadly - Rock,Metal,Classical )
I prefer the guitars and vocals to be a forward and then I prioritize the mids ( upper mids to be precise ) and then the   bass (I love tight punchy bass ), and a  good extended treble (Nor bright  neither laid back )
So which one would be a better investment for me ? 
KZ-ATE or the KZ-ZS1 ?
 Any help would be appreciated . Thanks .

Nov 17, 2015 at 8:55 AM Post #7,527 of 63,803
  Hello all audio-holics , I am at a dilemma , I have ordered the KZ-ATE , and I had the EDSE (Burned 150+ hours) , what significant differences am I going to find between the two , and can someone shed light on the KZ-ZS1 , and compare them with the KZ-ATE ? 
I prefer the guitars and vocals to be a forward and then I prioritize the mids ( upper mids to be precise ) and then the   bass (I love tight punchy bass ), and a  good extended treble (Nor bright  neither laid back )
KZ-ATE or the KZ-ZS1 ?

I'd get the KZ HDS1 & ROCK Zircons...both excellent for the money and different enough to give you options. BTW I also listen to Metal, Rock & Classical.

Nov 17, 2015 at 10:39 AM Post #7,528 of 63,803

KZ-ATE or the KZ-ZS1 ?

Yes there is a significant difference. Starting with the ATE, it's a nice phone, nice enough th have 2 pair but I primarily use the for sports and yard work. They're comfortable easy to drive, easy to use but I find that the are a little veiled. The Zn1's on the other hand have a larger sound stage and better detail. They are much harder to drive amd to wear. Now a little explination, I love my Havi b3p1's sound signature so bought Zn1's in lookjng for a kz in that range over time it necame very close. But the amp/eq doesn't lend itself to all around use. Bought the Zs1's hoping to find that signature in something easier to use. Tips can be an issue finally found what worked for me. But lots of effort and time but they sound very nice with a similar sound to the Zn1's the difference being ( something I probably wouldn't notice if I didn't use the Havi's and Zn1's daily) is that the have what I can knly describe as thinner sound. it's all there jhst not quite as rich as the Zn1's which aren't quite as rich as the Havi's. The Zn's I describe as 90 to 95% of the Havi's the Zs are 90% of the Zn1's. So yes the sounds better than the ATE they're just hard to get right and for me not a simple throw em on and go but for $12 they're very good they just don't fit that "use everywhere anytime that the ATE and the Havi's ( Havi's are to nice ok and expensive, for some situations) So if you can swing it get both, I think you'll enjoy the Zs mkre but use the ATE more often. Sorry for the length of the answer.

Nov 17, 2015 at 10:39 AM Post #7,529 of 63,803
anyone of you guys have idea what's the difference (if there's any) between the regular ED3 and the youth version?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back