Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Oct 20, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #6,856 of 63,884
It's been a long time since I posted here. Since having received my ED10s I've found myself listening to them a lot--and I mean a lot. In fact, right now they probably get more use than anything in my collection, except maybe for my Havi B3P1s. They have utterly spectacular sound quality in general, but once you factor in the price (I got mine for < $10 USD *including* international shipping!) their value skyrockets outrageously.

Seriously, in terms of performance-to-price ratio these things might be the best IEMs I have ever heard. They've even got great instrumental imaging and a fascinating sound stage that I find is deep and tall, like a corridor, without the Havis' cavernous width. They really do create a remarkable sense of depth in my music.

The one thing I cannot stand about the ED10s is that the cord, while very well built and behaved, is too short. I can't carry my DX90 in my pocket while wearing my ED10s because the cord is strained to the point where the IEMs will pop out of my ears too easily. Even with that minor gripe, the ED10s get an easy 5/5 recommendation for me at their price range. Unless you're the kind of person who has already invested huge sums of money into outlandishly high-performance gear, you'd be doing yourself a disservice not to pick up a pair of these things. (And even then, they allow you to take great sound on the go without fear of what happens if someone steals your backpack or whatever.)

Try buying a 1/8 (3.5) 3 inch long extension wire at your local electronics store. Make sure one end is a male jack and female the opposite end. This should work just fine for you.
wink.gif

Oct 20, 2015 at 1:01 PM Post #6,857 of 63,884
@Hisoundfi  waiting for your detailed impressions on HDS1..
beyersmile.png

thanks in advance

Oct 20, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #6,858 of 63,884
@Hisoundfi
  waiting for your detailed impressions on HDS1.. :beyersmile:  
thanks in advance
I'm thoroughly swamped with reviews. I have 13 reviews to do before I get to the HDS1.

For now all I can say is just go for it. They are epic and I highly recommend them. Definitely top3 for kz

Oct 20, 2015 at 1:14 PM Post #6,860 of 63,884
This type of stuff is why I never ordered the ZN1...

On another note I have the following~

Kz ED-9

Kz ED-10

Kz ATE 

Kz Edse

Meelec CW31 Wooden 

Mrice BALDOOR E300 

Xiaomi Piston 2 

ROCK Mula

Without question my favorite is the ED9 with brass nozzles, stock filters in place and a tiny bit of foam material also stuffed inside each nozzle. For 12 bucks it sounds freakin' amazing. Unfortunately the ROCK Mula was a let down for me.

Yeah, I feel the same about the Mula's.

Out of those I own my ranking is like this:
ED9 w/brass filter
Mr Rice BALDOOR E300
Piston 2.0
KZ EDSE
Rock Mula
KZ ATE

I'm pretty sure that there's something wrong with my ATE. Alternatively I don't get a good seal but I don't think that's the case since the IM70 that's very similar fits me fine.

Oct 20, 2015 at 1:28 PM Post #6,861 of 63,884
I'm thoroughly swamped with reviews. I have 13 reviews to do before I get to the HDS1.

For now all I can say is just go for it. They are epic and I highly recommend them. Definitely top3 for kz

Man.. That's now that's a 'LIFE'... i can only wish to dream of..
darthsmile.gif

Oct 20, 2015 at 1:35 PM Post #6,862 of 63,884
Man.. That's now that's a 'LIFE'... i can only wish to dream of.. :darthsmile:
It's a gift and a curse, trust me.

Many times I wish I could just kick back and enjoy my favorite gears and hang out with you all. Instead I have to burn them in, listen to the same 10-15 songs, do comparisons, take pictures, and spend 4-6 hours of my life writing, editing, and posting reviews all within a certain deadline.

I love it don't get me wrong, but it's not as glamorous as you would think.

Oct 20, 2015 at 2:15 PM Post #6,863 of 63,884
THX Tips but DIY is not my forte especially with cave man clubs for fingers
eek.gif
Since I wear my iem's over ear these may be on the right side in this case! Of course the eq/amp box sitting in the middle of my check like a Flavor Flav alarm clock
blink.gif
puts a kink in my style so hopefully the ZS1's will be the ticket
wink_face.gif

Man, it's shots like these that remind me who I descended from
eek.gif
LOL

I have to say I'm fairly impressed with the amp on and treble at 8 and bass at 4, but just can't sport the cable/amp dangle
frown.gif

Oct 20, 2015 at 2:30 PM Post #6,865 of 63,884

Many times I wish I could just kick back and enjoy my favorite gears and hang out with you all. Instead I have to burn them in, listen to the same 10-15 songs, do comparisons, take pictures, and spend 4-6 hours of my life writing, editing, and posting reviews all within a certain deadline.

And to top it off the Cubbies are having a bad time
frown.gif

Oct 20, 2015 at 2:43 PM Post #6,868 of 63,884
(slowly walks away crying)
wink.gif

I feel your pain brother, ever since the Bartman deflected that potential catch by Moises I fear them even getting a chance to enter post season
mad.gif
Hold on and I'll wipe my eyes and walk with you!

Oct 20, 2015 at 2:46 PM Post #6,869 of 63,884
Oct 20, 2015 at 2:48 PM Post #6,870 of 63,884

So when will your next review be published and what will it be on?  Better yet, you ought to publish a gear review schedule with tentative dates.  This would give us all something to look forward to.
wink.gif

Edit: on second thought, a review schedule might not be a good idea (for you).  We'd just start bothering you if you were late with a review.  Carry on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back