Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Oct 22, 2015 at 11:08 AM Post #6,886 of 63,884
Does anyone here have ED10 and Sony MH1? I've both and I've been listening only to ED10 for few weeks. Now I tried to listen to MH1. The MH1 sound MUCH better than ED10 to me. Could anyone compare these 2 IEMs? Now I feel like I have broken ED10, even that they're probably okay :D .

Oct 22, 2015 at 11:26 AM Post #6,887 of 63,884
  Does anyone here have ED10 and Sony MH1? I've both and I've been listening only to ED10 for few weeks. Now I tried to listen to MH1. The MH1 sound MUCH better than ED10 to me. Could anyone compare these 2 IEMs? Now I feel like I have broken ED10, even that they're probably okay :D .

You prob. just got used to the sound sig of the Sony's and are now hearing some short comings of the ED10. I'm not familiar with the MH1 but after listening to my Kz's through the summer I was a little surprised how good my Superlux EVO's sounded. I still enjoy the Kz's though and don't feel they sound broken just not able to keep up with a 40 dollar full size can. 

Oct 22, 2015 at 11:38 AM Post #6,888 of 63,884

I Used to have both, but now i've given my ED10 to my colleague. E10's are great. But i prefer MH1's for my daily commute. The relaxed sound of those are just perfect for me. May be the superb quality treble and the lack of 'exaggerated mid-bass' in MH1's are making u feel so?
Planning to rewire my MH1's soon
bigsmile_face.gif

Oct 22, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #6,889 of 63,884
ED9 & ATE are execllent for the price and EDse (red screens) sound fantastic from my Sansa Clip.  EDse are very fun to listen to, ATE is laid back with nice lower mids and lows and the ED9 are detail budget detail masters. All IMHO of course!

Oct 22, 2015 at 1:59 PM Post #6,890 of 63,884

Man, it's shots like these that remind me who I descended from
eek.gif
LOL

Man that's some deep @ss insertion...

Oct 22, 2015 at 2:14 PM Post #6,891 of 63,884
  Man that's some deep @ss insertion...

As the Big Bad Wolf told Red, better to hear you with my dear
biggrin.gif

By the way I'm in full agreement with the above statements on the ED9 & ATE
wink_face.gif

Oct 22, 2015 at 7:16 PM Post #6,892 of 63,884
Pulled my Baldoor E300's out of storage and was relaxing to some Eric Tingstad & Nancy Rumble give and take...it sounded very good with detail and a bit of low end then switched to my ED9. The ED9 killed them with even better detail extraction and better sound overall top to bottom. I have 2 pairs of ED9 and may order a 3rd...how are these 12 dollars?

Oct 22, 2015 at 10:30 PM Post #6,893 of 63,884
I Used to have both, but now i've given my ED10 to my colleague. E10's are great. But i prefer MH1's for my daily commute. The relaxed sound of those are just perfect for me. May be the superb quality treble and the lack of 'exaggerated mid-bass' in MH1's are making u feel so?
Planning to rewire my MH1's soon :bigsmile_face:  

Agree, i have both also. But it depends of what genre do you listen. MH1 is a great allrounder iem, but if you prefer male jazz vocal, ed10 is a better choice, female and highs on ed10 sometimes can be piercing. With MH1, all freq is very smooth, but vocal sm mid are recessed.

Oct 23, 2015 at 12:08 AM Post #6,894 of 63,884
Agree, i have both also. But it depends of what genre do you listen. MH1 is a great allrounder iem, but if you prefer male jazz vocal, ed10 is a better choice, female and highs on ed10 sometimes can be piercing. With MH1, all freq is very smooth, but vocal sm mid are recessed.

true.. The mids are bit recessed in MH1. But to counter this issue, i've filter modded (with the pinhole method) my MH1 and now they just sound superbly balanced with almost flat sig. The bass has tamed down a lot and the mids are upfront. Loving them 
beerchug.gif

Oct 23, 2015 at 4:33 AM Post #6,895 of 63,884
  Pulled my Baldoor E300's out of storage and was relaxing to some Eric Tingstad & Nancy Rumble give and take...it sounded very good with detail and a bit of low end then switched to my ED9. The ED9 killed them with even better detail extraction and better sound overall top to bottom. I have 2 pairs of ED9 and may order a 3rd...how are these 12 dollars?

+1 .....Ed9's are better when it comes to lows and high's, while the E300's were tuned to be more balanced. But, I also give the edge to the ED9's.
wink.gif

Oct 23, 2015 at 7:10 AM Post #6,896 of 63,884
ED10 have been my favorite since I purchased those and liked them better than my ATE or ED9. But two days ago one side's cable was pulled accidentally and the sheath at the earpiece joint came out just a little. But that ruined the sound entirely. Now the affected earpiece sounds compressed and with less volume. I opened my backup ED10 that I had purchased separately but unfortunately if has channel imbalance : ( 

Does anyone know how to open ED10 backplate? I know Coil had posted the steps sometime back but I've been unable to find in this huge thread.

For now using ATE (which is still a pleasure to use) and ordered ED11. 

Oct 23, 2015 at 7:25 AM Post #6,897 of 63,884
  Does anyone know how to open ED10 backplate? I know Coil had posted the steps sometime back but I've been unable to find in this huge thread.

1. Pull from the cable relief part so it comes out of IEM enclosure and slips along the cable. It should stay unbroken so You can put it back.
2. Put some thick needle or nail into that cable hole and just push and twist it against cable hole edge and it will pop off.

Some posts back Horton posted some info that ED11 is not official version of ED10 but modified by resellers and it can`t be sure if they use exactly same drivers.
So far though users say it sounds same to ED10.

Oct 23, 2015 at 7:37 AM Post #6,898 of 63,884
  1. Pull from the cable relief part so it comes out of IEM enclosure and slips along the cable. It should stay unbroken so You can put it back.
2. Put some thick needle or nail into that cable hole and just push and twist it against cable hole edge and it will pop off.

Some posts back Horton posted some info that ED11 is not official version of ED10 but modified by resellers and it can`t be sure if they use exactly same drivers.
So far though users say it sounds same to ED10.

Thanks for the steps I'll try opening my ED10 to see if I can fix it. 

Oh, I also noticed that post, but too late. Fingers crossed, it should not sound too bad.

Oct 23, 2015 at 8:01 AM Post #6,899 of 63,884
  2. Put some thick needle or nail into/through that cable hole (with needle tip against backplate inner center) and just push and twist it against cable hole edge and it will pop off.

Little correction in explanation.

Oct 23, 2015 at 8:24 AM Post #6,900 of 63,884
How about ZS1? Has anybody tried it? 

If yes then how is its sound in rough terms (signature basically)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back