Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Aug 17, 2015 at 12:17 AM Post #5,821 of 63,977
ED10 just arrived from China. Think it took 7 days.
Will run them in couple of days before giving them a proper listen.

Like the low profile in the ears. Should not come out easily.

EDIT :

Finding I cannot get at the low-end due to the treble being so strident/forward on a quick listening that i'm having to listen at a lower volume = fatiguing.
Does not have the detail of ED9 which I knew going in, but it also does not have that rich tonality of ED gold nozzle either, almost a dull presentation.

See how they go at around 100 hours but looking like a 'gift onwards' rather than a keeper.
redface.gif

Aug 17, 2015 at 4:54 AM Post #5,822 of 63,977
ATE is best when listened with neutral open/spacious sounding source gear. 

Yup, agreed, when I use ATE on my PCM2704 dac which is far more neutral than any other source I have ATE shines, on my phone I prefer the brass ED9 though, so I guess I prefer a kinda Neutral audio signature with a bit forward mids.

Aug 17, 2015 at 6:08 AM Post #5,823 of 63,977
I just ordered ed10 is there enough bass that is say not only sub bass but a satisfactory thud from the bass or are they more balanced the reason I ask is there seems to be so many different models I've even ordered ed3 model to see / hear the difference are the in ears say up there with something like the shures ? Or can the ed10 be described as more neutral ? Just looking for something with bite in the bass but no loss of detail or separation , almost a slight v shaped sound but with out losing the detail and not sharp treble , any thoughts ?

Aug 17, 2015 at 6:48 AM Post #5,824 of 63,977
Hi there people ken here in the UK any ideas on kz ed10'anyine own them are they good as in fit sound quality bass extension , only got some ttpod e 1 but want something with biting bass but not bloated and detail with a reasonable presence when listening have pulled the trigger on kz ed10 but can't find much info or users to determine whAt they'll sound like or what's even I the box ? Any help will be gratefully received .:grinning:

Aug 17, 2015 at 8:36 AM Post #5,826 of 63,977
  ED10 just arrived from China. Think it took 7 days.
Will run them in couple of days before giving them a proper listen.

Like the low profile in the ears. Should not come out easily.

EDIT :

Finding I cannot get at the low-end due to the treble being so strident/forward on a quick listening that i'm having to listen at a lower volume = fatiguing.
Does not have the detail of ED9 which I knew going in, but it also does not have that rich tonality of ED gold nozzle either, almost a dull presentation.

See how they go at around 100 hours but looking like a 'gift onwards' rather than a keeper.
redface.gif

smily_headphones1.gif
If You don't have any Bass and the Treble is TOO strident, something is very wrong. Are You getting a good fit/ Seal? OTB these sound very good, albeit Loose and Huge BASS. They are ANYTHING but lacking in Bass. As burn-in progresses they become Flatter in EQ and the Bass tightens up considerably. Also any bleed between different frequencies all but disappears. They sound best to my ears with wide-bore tips. Throw those Blue things away, they are NOT it. Use Senn, JVC, or Auvio Tips.

Are you sure they are Genuine ED10's?

This has been my experience with 2 Pairs of them now. (I'm currently at about 40 hours burn in on my wife's pair). So I've had a chance not only to Observe the changes over a 200 hour period, but to compare 2 Pairs One with +200 Hours VS 1 OTB. I'm fairly confident of my observations.

Either that, or I suffer from the worst case of Brain Burn-in in history.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
TWIN

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Aug 17, 2015 at 8:44 AM Post #5,827 of 63,977

smily_headphones1.gif
If You don't have any Bass and the Treble is TOO strident, something is very wrong. Are You getting a good fit/ Seal? OTB these sound very good, albeit Loose and Huge BASS. They are ANYTHING but lacking in Bass. As burn-in progresses they become Flatter in EQ and the Bass tightens up considerably. Also any bleed between different frequencies all but disappears. They sound best to my ears with wide-bore tips. Throw those Blue things away, they are NOT it. Use Senn, JVC, or Auvio Tips.

Are you sure they are Genuine ED10's?

This has been my experience with 2 Pairs of them now. (I'm currently at about 40 hours burn in on my wife's pair). So I've had a chance not only to Observe the changes over a 200 hour period, but to compare 2 Pairs One with +200 Hours VS 1 OTB. I'm fairly confident of my observations.

Either that, or I suffer from the worst case of Brain Burn-in in history.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
TWIN

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

I mean I can't turn the volume up matched to ED9 to get at the bass as the treble for my ears is too bitey.
biggrin.gif

Aug 17, 2015 at 8:51 AM Post #5,828 of 63,977

I mean I can't turn the volume up matched to ED9 to get at the bass as the treble for my ears is too bitey.
biggrin.gif

cool.gif
Like I said something isn't right. The ED9 has FAR more Treble especially with the Gold filters, it's WAY over the top for me. That Treble peak may just disappear though with burn in. Check them every 50 hours, but just briefly for an assessment.

FWIW I noticed little change after 150 Hours.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Aug 17, 2015 at 10:33 AM Post #5,831 of 63,977
  What's happening with KZ ANV? Only 3 shops on AliEx selling them.

I ordered the ANV and received CM9 which are super bassy, I was told by the seller that the ANV was discontinued but he also said the ANV & CM9 were the same so take it for what it's worth.
I love my ED9 so much that I'm not even gonna bother with the ANV...plus I have 2 pairs of ED10 and a pair of ED-SE on the way!

Aug 17, 2015 at 10:34 AM Post #5,832 of 63,977
  I ordered the ANV and received CM9 which are super bassy, I was told by the seller that the ANV was discontinued but he also said the ANV & CM9 were the same so take it for what it's worth.
I love my ED9 so much that I'm not even gonna bother with the ANV...plus I have 2 pairs of ED10 and a pair of ED-SE on the way!

Dang.

Aug 17, 2015 at 2:54 PM Post #5,835 of 63,977
ED10 initial impressions... whoah! :D Eight bucks! Are you kidding me? OTB I'm impressed. Looking forward to hearing how they burn in. I'm listening to Radio Moscow right now. Its trippy jam rock. These are surprisingly articulate and spacious. This album has a raw kind of production but lots of panning and movement. The drummer is busy with ghost notes and quick fills. The ed10 handles it beautifully. From nasty psychedelic guitars to acoustic and slide. It all sounds natural and clear. The bass is tight and just the right level . Same for the treble. Cymbals are well defined and crisp. Vocals are natural with no sibilance detected. Very, very impressed so far. I'm going to move on to some edm next to check out sub-bass extension.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back