Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Aug 16, 2015 at 8:31 AM Post #5,806 of 63,958
Yeah but even if its stable, if you're doing cardio, sweat will eventually mess up the seal.

I use them for jogging and biking where I sweat an f-ton. No issues so far. Then again, the AS800AP are on another level vs. KZ stuff, so maybe not the best place to bring them up. My b.

Aug 16, 2015 at 10:26 AM Post #5,807 of 63,958
cool.gif
ONE drop of superglue on the tip, and you can exercise all you want. I can pretty much guarantee they will stay in place.

May be a little tough removing them for the shower though....

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
TWIN

Aug 16, 2015 at 11:22 AM Post #5,809 of 63,958
  What is the best way for someone in Australia to order some of these IEMs?

Anyone know where I can find the lowest prices from a reputable dealer for the ED10s? I looked at 'em on Amazon and found several different prices ranging from $10 to $20, all using the same image, but while "KZ" appeared in all of their names somewhere most had other branding that may be sketchy. I'd hate to buy fakes and get faked out by a faking faker.

The lowest price and fast shipping (
redface.gif
)20 days for me:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015-Brand-New-Original-KZ-ED10-3-5mm-In-Ear-Headset-Heavy-Bass-HIFI-DJ-Earphones/32373336369.html

Aug 16, 2015 at 12:15 PM Post #5,810 of 63,958
Do you have a link to that comparison?

I've not seen one myself just read people saying that the don't sound like the IM50 and speculating that they could sound like the IM70 (which is not thr case, I've got both and don't find them similar at all).
Someone mentioned a few pages back that ATE and IM-50 sounded alike. I was just wondering if anyone else thought the same. I enjoy the im-50. Not my favorite but I use them fairly often. ED10 arrived Friday but I have not had a chance to listen yet. Hopefully I'll get a couple of hours with them today.

Aug 16, 2015 at 2:23 PM Post #5,813 of 63,958
^That's EDSE. It has a little bit more bass than needed. Not so much, but a little bit than necessary. If you like light bass, KZ ATE might be a better option. It's a more balanced and a pleasant to listen IEM.

Aug 16, 2015 at 2:39 PM Post #5,814 of 63,958
Do you have a link to that comparison?

I've not seen one myself just read people saying that the don't sound like the IM50 and speculating that they could sound like the IM70 (which is not thr case, I've got both and don't find them similar at all).
I'll say the ATE has a similar signature to the IM-50

Aug 16, 2015 at 3:31 PM Post #5,815 of 63,958
  I listen mainly to classical music with a bit of jazz now and then. I dislike bloated overdone in your face bass with a fiery passion.

ATE are good as well, but they might be a bit dull for your choice genres. 

Meh? Dull for classic and jazz?
rolleyes.gif
 Imho they sound very good with those genres, jazz especially with littlebit smoothed highs and sweet mids. ATE is best when listened with neutral open/spacious sounding source gear. 
Contrary, I wouldn`t recommend ED9 or EDSE over ATE for those genres. ED9 is ok with brass nozzle but little harshness in highs. EDSE has great soundstage for classic but again some splashyness in highs and little sibilance in vocals.
B9S, don`t take it in bad way but You have said Your preference is rather V-shaped signature than neutral and You listen different genres than him as Your profile says, it might affect Your recommendation.
I listen quite a lot jazz(modern) and some classical too(not much though) and I can`t agree with Your recommendation for those genres. 
Lot depends of course from source gear sound signature, personal taste/hearing etc.
Just my subjective input on this.

Aug 16, 2015 at 3:55 PM Post #5,816 of 63,958
Aug 16, 2015 at 4:59 PM Post #5,817 of 63,958
Any ideas on the kzed9 I've just ordered some and wanted to know owners of them how good are they compared to say ttpod e1 or the havi, tighter heavy bass with detail , or more balanced also do these ed9 come with replacement filters I've heard they have a selection for tuning any thoughts ?

Aug 16, 2015 at 5:07 PM Post #5,818 of 63,958
CoiL Very true. I do prefer slightly v-shaped iems, and jazz certainly isn't one of my primary genres. I do listen to random jazz stations often at work though, and find the ATE a little to sedate. They are wonderful with female jazz vocalists. I'll give them that. They just lack that bit of energy I like in upbeat pieces.

Aug 16, 2015 at 9:45 PM Post #5,819 of 63,958

cool.gif
I know they are not KZ, but has anyone heard or seen These:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/K3003-Ring-Iron-Headphones-Fever-HIFI-Sound-Quality-Move-Iron-Unit-DIY-Third-Frequency-HIFI-In/1825606_32433070383.html?tracelog=rowan&rowan_id2=ae_sellercrm_mail_template_1_en_US_2015-08-15&rowan_msg_id=8672SELLERCRM_50217$4f76324257ef4b8a8b39c93ed5ec9930

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

The maker goes by two names "****" or "Feel Audio" and I do have them in black. They are an excellent replica of the original AKG K30003(i). They are my top 3-way hybrid. Since this is the KZ thread just "PM" me for more information.
bigsmile_face.gif

Someone mentioned a few pages back that ATE and IM-50 sounded alike. I was just wondering if anyone else thought the same. I enjoy the im-50. Not my favorite but I use them fairly often. ED10 arrived Friday but I have not had a chance to listen yet. Hopefully I'll get a couple of hours with them today.

According to those that own or heard both, that is correct.

I'll say the ATE has a similar signature to the IM-50

+1

Aug 16, 2015 at 9:53 PM Post #5,820 of 63,958
The maker goes by two names "****" or "Feel Audio" and I do have them in black. They are an excellent replica of the original AKG K30003(i). They are my top 3-way hybrid. Since this is the KZ thread just "PM" me for more information. :bigsmile_face:

According to those that own or heard both, that is correct.

+1
Thanks. In that case I'll skip it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back