Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Aug 13, 2015 at 6:51 PM Post #5,731 of 63,836

smily_headphones1.gif
Okay I couldn't stand it, I popped for the Red one too. That's it I'm tapped out. Got just enough for the New Nozzles for the Trinity Delta shipping. I'm done for a while.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

I own the BETTE 10mm hybrid blue/black version (from amazon) and enjoy them very much. They sound as good as Titan 1 with a bit more left/right separation. Thanks to BloodyPenguin, I will have the wood version tonight when I get home from work. Can't wait to compare the two versions.

Aug 13, 2015 at 8:33 PM Post #5,732 of 63,836
 i have the kz ed9, but the left channel seems to be at half volume from the right no matter the source and these are brand new ... im using the bronze nozle, what em i doing wrong? is this a common problem how to fix?

i found a solution to this, that works for me atleast. i ran my ed9 at 80% volume and than placed the metal housing in a stream of steam for about a minute while the music played. The music continued to play while it cooled. once they where cool enought to put in my ears the volumes where perfect on each side :D i would even go as far to say that the sound quality improved.
I think that this is because the diaphram could relax with the heat and because they where in motion they cooled with memory of it.

i felt comfortable running them thru a stream of steam because they are so inexpensive that i didn't really care if they where trashed after.

p.s. responding to my own problem and posting here incase it helps someone
beerchug.gif

p.s. make sure no steam enters the housing, water could condense inside

Aug 13, 2015 at 8:46 PM Post #5,733 of 63,836
smily_headphones1.gif
Thanx SWLIU. That's GOOD news to me as the Titan remains one of my favorites. Right now I carry with me:

Trinity Deltas
Dunu Titans
KZ---- ED10, ATE, EDSE.

That pretty much covers everything I need.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Aug 13, 2015 at 9:33 PM Post #5,734 of 63,836

smily_headphones1.gif
Thanx SWLIU. That's GOOD news to me as the Titan remains one of my favorites. Right now I carry with me:

Trinity Deltas
Dunu Titans
KZ---- ED10, ATE, EDSE.

That pretty much covers everything I need.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

My IEMs usage:

DUNU Titan 1 for listening in quiet rooms
BETTE 10mm Hybrid in the office or walking around (better isolation)
KZ ED9 with Mic when expecting phone calls
KZ ED10 or Xiaomi Piston 3 in bed before sleep
KZ ANV for doing house chores

Aug 13, 2015 at 10:06 PM Post #5,735 of 63,836
My current iem lineup:

1. JVC HA-FXH30 has replaced the Titan 1 for at home listening. Been using at work for testing. Not sure if that will continue.
2. NarMoo W1M and ED10 (with mic) for work and mobile activities
3. ATE and Piston 3.0 swapped in when I don't want to use the W1M or ED10.

Love how these hyper cheap KZ iems can easily be used alongside much more expensive products, and it doesn't feel like I'm making a compromise.

Aug 13, 2015 at 10:21 PM Post #5,737 of 63,836
The Piston 3 is the worst iem I've ever heard.  I'll take my Ivery over that piece of  $rap.

Well, to each their own, lol. I love the Piston 3.0. I went in with low expectations as I really didn't like the Piston 2.1s all that much. Found them on sale for 8 USD, decided "why the heck not" and ordered them.

The only complaint I have is they're slightly dry sounding. Other than that, I feel they compete pretty well with the current crop of KZ stuff, and are much improved over the 2.1s.

Aug 13, 2015 at 10:25 PM Post #5,738 of 63,836
My current iem lineup:

1. JVC HA-FXH30 has replaced the Titan 1 for at home listening. Been using at work for testing. Not sure if that will continue.
2. NarMoo W1M and ED10 (with mic) for work and mobile activities
3. ATE and Piston 3.0 swapped in when I don't want to use the W1M or ED10.

Love how these hyper cheap KZ iems can easily be used alongside much more expensive products, and it doesn't feel like I'm making a compromise.

So is there a general consensus yet on which KZ model is "THE" best ever?

My current IEM lineup:

1. Ostry KC06A - work
2. Titan 1 - Home listening and movies.
3. Yamaha EPH-100 - airports/flying.
4. KZ EDSE hasn't seen much use lately.  Need to take it out of storage.  Thought I would mention it since this is the KZ thread.

Aug 13, 2015 at 11:37 PM Post #5,739 of 63,836

My current IEM lineup:

1. Ostry KC06A - work
4. KZ EDSE hasn't seen much use lately.  Need to take it out of storage.  Thought I would mention it since this is the KZ thread.

ED10 IMO is the best yet. At least among all KZs I own it provides the most coherent and entertaining sound. If someone terms neutrality = quality then they are in little trouble.
Also, build quality wise they are only second to the ED3 (which is basically a tank). Not to mention ED10 is among the most comfortable IEMs as well.
Combining these all, imo they are really worth the title, as of now.

Aug 13, 2015 at 11:48 PM Post #5,740 of 63,836
How does the Havi B3 Pro I compare to the ED9, spending some more time with it, its pretty good for a 15 dollar iem, and it has some clarity and natural sounding treble, as it should because its a weird semi-open iem, everything else is a bit fuzzy. To me quality = clarity in each Fq + soundstage, FR just depends on taste. The T1e's mids are much more clear in comparison to the ED9's, though its not fair to compare their treble and bass, because the ED9's bass is rolled off, and the T1e's treble is rolled off the face of the earth.

Aug 14, 2015 at 12:03 AM Post #5,741 of 63,836

My current IEM lineup:

1. Ostry KC06A - work

The ED10 is basically a rebranded KC06A with some different parts. If you get the ED10 you won't be dissapointed in your purchase, but you will feel like they are pretty close to the KC06A to the point that you aren't experiencing something different.

I really like my ED9. Everyone from the average consumer to audiophiles who make their own gear agree that the ED9 is a stupidly good sounding earphone for $100, let alone the $11 or whatever they are on sale for. 

The ATE is really good if you missed out on the ATH-IM50. Similar builds, similar sound. 

If you're looking for a warm sound with a smooth, forward and extended bass response with a nice complimentary midrange and clean treble, go with the DM3.

If you want a wide soundstage for an in-ear and don't mind extended treble and don't listen at really high volumes, the KZEDSE is pretty friggen sweet.

Aug 14, 2015 at 12:25 AM Post #5,742 of 63,836
  The ED10 is basically a rebranded KC06A with some different parts. If you get the ED10 you won't be dissapointed in your purchase, but you will feel like they are pretty close to the KC06A to the point that you aren't experiencing something different.

Are you sure about the ED10? I don't have one, but I do have the KC06A and KC06 gold which I think are in GR07 territory (I have the GR07BE and XE800, had the GR07C until it broke). Most people praised the Ostry for the mids, while most people here say the ED10 is V-shaped.

Aug 14, 2015 at 1:07 AM Post #5,743 of 63,836
Don't have kc06 to compare, but from what I've gathered so far the ED10 has different sound signature.

Not that I'm disagreeing, but just that this needs backing from more people who own both the IEMs.

Aug 14, 2015 at 2:32 AM Post #5,744 of 63,836

My current IEM lineup:

1. Ostry KC06A - work

Seems to be the ED10, for those that have picked it up. I certainly agree, as it is an excellent product.

Aug 14, 2015 at 3:32 AM Post #5,745 of 63,836
Don't have kc06 to compare, but from what I've gathered so far the ED10 has different sound signature.

Not that I'm disagreeing, but just that this needs backing from more people who own both the IEMs.

I already own a KC06A and soon ill be recieveing my ED10's. Ill share my thoughts once i recieve them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back