Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Aug 14, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #5,761 of 63,958
Great... After being underrated for some time ED10 is now in its glory days. The ED9/ATE hype had suppressed ED10 for some time.

So glad that I took a shot in dark and ordered ED10 just for sake of collectible from KZ. Initially it was said that ED10 would be limited edition, one batch only earphone and that it sounds inferior compared to ED9. Seems like this is not the case.

Aug 14, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #5,762 of 63,958
Great... After being underrated for some time ED10 is now in its glory days. The ED9/ATE hype had suppressed ED10 for some time.

So glad that I took a shot in dark and ordered ED10 just for sake of collectible from KZ. Initially it was said that ED10 would be limited edition, one batch only earphone and that it sounds inferior compared to ED9. Seems like this is not the case.

smily_headphones1.gif
Yeah, it's pretty bad when a Manufacturer is churning out so many IEMs so quickly that even THEY don't know what they sound like!!!

I guess It's up to us to tell them. I have a second Pair of ED10s Due Monday. (For my Mrs.)

popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
TWIN

Aug 14, 2015 at 8:47 PM Post #5,764 of 63,958

What do you think the main weakness is with ED9, compared to ED10 that you rank highest in your sig. ?

Aug 14, 2015 at 11:52 PM Post #5,765 of 63,958
I feel the ED10 is going to be overhyped like everything on these boards...

Aug 14, 2015 at 11:54 PM Post #5,766 of 63,958

It's not a lot of money in the hole if it is. I'll only be using mine for exercise anyway to bring some tribal low-end rhythm.
Imagine dropping $2k on a hypefest....$8....gift them onwards...

Aug 15, 2015 at 2:45 AM Post #5,767 of 63,958

I'm fine hyping the ED10. Really, what do they do wrong? Great build quality, unique design, better cable than most much more expensive iems, excellent sound, good isolation, acceptable inline mic performance, etc.

Putting price back into the equation, the value they offer is just insane. For someone wanting a cheap earphone, you could easily purchase a less competent iem at a much higher cost. The ED10 really doesn't do anything wrong, except maybe offer too much bass. However, you could argue that as a mobile iem bass is a good thing. It helps their already good isolation drown out additional noise.

At ~10 bucks, what can you expect? KZ stuff delivers in spades.

Aug 15, 2015 at 5:49 AM Post #5,768 of 63,958

cool.gif
That's odd I haven't heard anything basically but good about earmax products.

Do You have experience with the 610?

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Yes, i have them. They are awful, just like 0.99$ fake Beats or even worse. No scene, no instrument separation, no bass at all. May be then can sound if you have only one or two instrument in your composition...

I dont even hear words in songs...

Sorry that this is not KZ and from a few pages back but I also jumped on these and thought they were awful, took them apart and the drivers were genuine knowles DTEC but loose and rattling around in the housing, the nozzles were bent, collapsed and jammed with super glue.

Cleaned them up for use in a multi-BA project of mine and the drivers sound fine now, cheapest way to get 2 x DTEC drivers to be honest but bad workmanship in putting it all together makes the ER610 an unwise purchase for an iem.

Stick with KZ where you get good components and good workmanship!

.SoSoS.

Aug 15, 2015 at 6:44 AM Post #5,769 of 63,958
I have the kz ate, ed9, and ed10 and out of the 3 the ed10 is a terrific bargain, seriously I couldn't use a bad sounding iem, and on my Sony radio these things rock. The comfort level is great, I can sleep on my side wearing them, unlike the ed9 which feel like bolts hanging out of your head.
I actually got a shock how good they are for $8 USD, and I give the kz ed10 the bargain of the year award, and just ordered 6 pairs to gift for friends and family.

Aug 15, 2015 at 10:26 AM Post #5,771 of 63,958
All the ed10 talk is killing me. I ordered mine two weeks ago. :tongue_smile:
Also, I saw someone compared ATE to im-50. Are they close enough that if I have im-50 I should get something other than ATE?

Do you have a link to that comparison?

I've not seen one myself just read people saying that the don't sound like the IM50 and speculating that they could sound like the IM70 (which is not thr case, I've got both and don't find them similar at all).

Aug 15, 2015 at 12:43 PM Post #5,772 of 63,958
What do you think the main weakness is with ED9, compared to ED10 that you rank highest in your sig. ?

Comfort, non fatiguing nature and full bodied sound.
With gold nozzle I feel mids, upper highs take back seat. With gold everything is okay but bass extension and quantity somewhat less than my liking.

ED10 delivers sublime, coherent sound that is rare from KZ.

Aug 15, 2015 at 1:13 PM Post #5,773 of 63,958
Sorry that this is not KZ and from a few pages back but I also jumped on these and thought they were awful, took them apart and the drivers were genuine knowles DTEC but loose and rattling around in the housing, the nozzles were bent, collapsed and jammed with super glue.

.SoSoS.

Is it possible to open them, fix glue and etc. and assemble back without damaging them?

Aug 15, 2015 at 3:33 PM Post #5,775 of 63,958

smily_headphones1.gif
HOW can you hype an earphone that cost $8.34? Even if it was totally Horrible you still got your moneys worth....

IT'S AN EIGHT DOLLAR EARPHONE.

The fact is: it is VERY GOOD, even if it were considerably more expensive.

My Second Pair just arrived Today, A present for my other Half.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back