Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Aug 12, 2015 at 10:00 AM Post #5,688 of 63,909
cool.gif
Hey EISEN!!! I see you have a new ED10 Avatar?

They're pretty damn good for a little POS earphone aren't they? They climbed right to the top of my KZ list for just all around good /comfortable earphones.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Aug 12, 2015 at 10:36 AM Post #5,689 of 63,909
Anyone else beside Ruben123 interested trying out my "wood-ANV europe tour"? Asking because then we can maybe plan better route to pass on between members. Those members who really crave unmodded ANV sound can also join to find out how super-light and comfy these IEM`s can actually be (over ear wearing style).

NB! I am in no way part of KZ merchandise/dealer/production or promoting them!
I am just "throwing out" my wood modded ANV on tour because I do not use them (not that they are bad, they certainly aren`t!) so, that those members in EU who wish to try ANV don`t have to wait so long and can also get improved version of it. But I sincerely ask that only person who really likes ANV sound will get it, not only for the looks or comfort!

Aug 12, 2015 at 12:00 PM Post #5,690 of 63,909
Since I'm inexperienced in the burn-in process. I have a question for the experts. Currently my 100 burned in EDSE sounds very good. But, I think there is still some room for improvement. But the source laptop I used for the burn-in process is not with me anymore. Also, I used Jlab burn in file, sine log and pink noise audio files for the previous burn-in. If I use a new laptop as source and add in white noise and sine arith file to the above list, is there any chance that the sound of my EDSE will get worse? or is it only improve? 

Aug 12, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #5,691 of 63,909
  Searching on AliExpress would easily show all their available models. There are a few which are listed as KZ, but aren't actually KZ, such as S6, X7 etc.

From my knowledge I can put up following list : 
A1, R1, R3, R35, RX, DT3, DT5, Micro Ring, CM9, GR, ANV, ED1, ED2, EDSE, ED3, ED8m, ED9, ATE, ED10, ZN1

All these are available on AliExpress.

Don't forget the ES "the Acme"
biggrin.gif

Aug 12, 2015 at 2:17 PM Post #5,693 of 63,909
Mebaali, can You comment something about Panasonic RPHJE180 vs. ATE ?

Aug 12, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #5,694 of 63,909
@Coil - My Impressions are pretty much the same as it was earlier. 

HJE180 provides me the best fit among all IEMs I have tried so far, these are very small in size with a uniquely shaped body and nozzle that fits perfectly for my ear canal. SQ wise i find these to be very lively sounding phones. First thing I noticed using these were the presence of sparkle in the treble region (which some user may find to be too bright in their first listen) along with slightly forwarded but natural sounding vocals. I also like the sub-bass response (best i have listened among the IEMs that I own) coming from Panas more so than ATE's mid-bass centric sound. As I have mentioned in my earlier impression, HJE180 is very unforgiving against poorly mastered/recorded tracks with treble peaks whereas ATE is more forgiving in this aspect. 

Among KZ IEMs, ATE is still my favt. These gives me the most soothing sound experience for most my music interests (except for the not so great fit) but since getting RPHJE180 a week back, I haven't been listening to KZ IEMs much.

Sources I had used in the last week or so are (mainly) Fiio X1 + NX1 using mixture of genres from Tamil film OST to Post-Rock to Synth Pop with MP3/M4A tracks of 320/256 kbps respectively.

FWIW, even the Panasonic's lesser version RPHJE125 is pretty decent sounding for the money I had paid (3 US$)

Aug 12, 2015 at 3:55 PM Post #5,695 of 63,909

Don't forget the ES "the Acme"
biggrin.gif

Oh yeah... need to add ES too. Slipped from my mind. 

cool.gif
Hey EISEN!!! I see you have a new ED10 Avatar?

They're pretty damn good for a little POS earphone aren't they? They climbed right to the top of my KZ list for just all around good /comfortable earphones.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Yeap, currently it's my most fav IEM! Pretty darn good for sure. Comfort is so good as well. I keep wearing those for about 8-9 hrs per day... lol.

Aug 12, 2015 at 4:31 PM Post #5,696 of 63,909
Can anyone do a breif comparison of any kz earphones they own to the Sennheiser CX300iis? Mainly where bass volume and extension is concerned?

Aug 12, 2015 at 5:44 PM Post #5,697 of 63,909
Can anyone do a breif comparison of any kz earphones they own to the Sennheiser CX300iis? Mainly where bass volume and extension is concerned?

Had a CX300ii. Even EDSE is better than it. Recent KZ releases are way better. I'd not go into technicality, but just that CX300ii was an OK iem in its period. It's already outdated now.

Aug 12, 2015 at 5:47 PM Post #5,698 of 63,909
Don`t know if I tried ii version or not but got some listen from workmate and they are ok sounding but I agree with Eisen - they are outdated (like Piston2) by recent KZ IEMs (ED9, ED10, ATE).

Aug 12, 2015 at 6:40 PM Post #5,699 of 63,909
cool.gif
Hey EISEN. I just ordered a Few more earphones from China, (8 to be exact, but 2 are replacements going to my wife--an EDSE and a ED10), A couple of B/As, a Hybrid and several Single/Dual Dynamics. Should be interesting. I FINALLY ordered a Carbo Tenore as well from Japan. I heard nothing but raves on these for quite a while so I thought I would check out the Hype. WHILE I was checking out the Different Zero Audio models I found THESE, (Apparently their new Single Balanced Armature). A little more pricey but I'll wait. What say you?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ZERO-AUDIO-ZH-BX510-CS-CARBO-SINGOLO-In-Ear-Headphones-New-F-S-From-Japan-/261991953145?hash=item3cffeff2f9

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Aug 12, 2015 at 6:54 PM Post #5,700 of 63,909
  Since I'm inexperienced in the burn-in process. I have a question for the experts. Currently my 100 burned in EDSE sounds very good. But, I think there is still some room for improvement. But the source laptop I used for the burn-in process is not with me anymore. Also, I used Jlab burn in file, sine log and pink noise audio files for the previous burn-in. If I use a new laptop as source and add in white noise and sine arith file to the above list, is there any chance that the sound of my EDSE will get worse? or is it only improve? 

smily_headphones1.gif
dcp, you are opening a can of worms here. I am a HUGE proponent of Burn in. A lot of others are not. I routinely when purchasing a new Earphone or Headphone give an initial listen OTB, Roll tips on Earphones to find what may be the best then Put it in a Box with a Player for 200Hrs. using all different types of source material. The only breaks it takes are a couple daily 2-4 hr. recharges, and I have a good listen every 50 Hours, and Only at 50 hour intervals to avoid the dreaded Brain- Burn, (Your ears adjusting to the sound, not an actual difference from burn in).

For the most Part IT DOES MAKE A PERFORMANCE DIFFERENCE. However, on some I have witnessed Little or no differences.

I don't take a chance, and you really don't need a specific kind of noise. You are merely exercising the Drivers. Just a bunch of Random tunes and throw it in a drawer. Personally I don't see how PINK Noise is going to subject a driver diaphram to SUB BASS Flex or Pistoning depending on the type of driver involved.

BTW: give that EDSE a FULL 200 hrs. I noticed a pretty good change between 150 and 200 Hrs. My Senn. IE8s were changing up to 300 Hours!!!

JMHO

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back