Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Aug 10, 2015 at 11:56 PM Post #5,671 of 63,884
Tried the brass barrels closed with/without sponge all day yesterday.
I just don't get that rich tonality with the brass barrels that I get with the gold ones when the mastering on FLAC is spot-on,nor are they v-shaped in my set-up....maybe out a cheaper phone,yes ...going in that direction.
Either found the brass barrels ragged in upper-end or sterile with my set-up.
When the gold ones are powered correctly, they sound superb (for the money).

Looking forward to get the ED10s for exercise. Thanks for the tips/advice everyone. Earphones now sorted after a long break from earphones.
I prefer the gold as well. Most of my stuff is 16/44.1 or 24/96 using a Fiio e10k.

Aug 11, 2015 at 2:07 AM Post #5,672 of 63,884
Has anybody ordered KZ ZN1 yet? It's already available on Amazon for ~$50, and as per KZ the amazon orders will be delivered at priority compared to AliExpress orders. 

Aug 11, 2015 at 3:10 AM Post #5,674 of 63,884
I got a tracking number for my amazon order two days ago, but no info available for that tracking number yet.

Traking numbers usually take some time to start showing information. Good btw, looking forward to see some thoughts on ZN1. It's somthing off the track development from KZ till now.

Aug 11, 2015 at 11:42 AM Post #5,676 of 63,884
For everyone's information I purchased the Kz ANV from Swallow(Shenzhen)Electronics Co.,Ltd   http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1413064
and they sent me the CM9. It's super bassy and doesn't sound anything like the ANV according to what I've been reading on Head-Fi. The seller is saying that the two headphones are the same. 

TwinACStacks has both and has verified they are not the same. Dispute started...lets see where this goes. 
Too bad as I was really looking forward to hearing the actual ANV. 

Aug 11, 2015 at 4:04 PM Post #5,677 of 63,884
CAD, You live in UK? I can send You my woodie ANV (over-ear wearing style) if You want but post cost is by You and if You don`t want or like them, then offer them to next head-fi KZ thread member (for posting cost) who wants to try them (within EU).
I`m so pleased with my ATE and ED9 (and probably yet not arrived ED10 too) that I just don`t use them, so, I was just thinking that why not to send it on "tour" and who likes them can "buy" them for posting cost
wink.gif
"Tour" ends when it finds its "lover" (but this must be true love not cheating!).

Aug 11, 2015 at 8:01 PM Post #5,678 of 63,884
  CAD, You live in UK? I can send You my woodie ANV (over-ear wearing style) if You want but post cost is by You and if You don`t want or like them, then offer them to next head-fi KZ thread member (for posting cost) who wants to try them (within EU).
I`m so pleased with my ATE and ED9 (and probably yet not arrived ED10 too) that I just don`t use them, so, I was just thinking that why not to send it on "tour" and who likes them can "buy" them for posting cost
wink.gif
"Tour" ends when it finds its "lover" (but this must be true love not cheating!).

Thanks CoiL but am in US. I also am loving my ED9. I tried the gold nozzles again with some air filter foam stuffed in the nozzles but I might have put a smidge too much. I'm back to the dull nozzles but they do sound a bit strident now 
confused.gif

How do you run yours?

Aug 12, 2015 at 1:41 AM Post #5,680 of 63,884
  where can I see the list of all the models of KZ?

Searching on AliExpress would easily show all their available models. There are a few which are listed as KZ, but aren't actually KZ, such as S6, X7 etc.

From my knowledge I can put up following list : 
A1, R1, R3, R35, RX, DT3, DT5, Micro Ring, CM9, GR, ANV, ED1, ED2, EDSE, ED3, ED8m, ED9, ATE, ED10, ZN1

All these are available on AliExpress.

Aug 12, 2015 at 2:42 AM Post #5,681 of 63,884
  Thanks CoiL but am in US. I also am loving my ED9. I tried the gold nozzles again with some air filter foam stuffed in the nozzles but I might have put a smidge too much. I'm back to the dull nozzles but they do sound a bit strident now 
confused.gif

How do you run yours?

I do like ED9 very much but for my sound preference and gear ATE is littlebit better in soundstage, imaging and separation (especially in width) and also sound more neutral/balanced and natural than ED9 with brass filters (with tinybit foam from P2). ED9 foam-mod takes some hit and miss to get right for personal taste and highs sensitivity.

Aug 12, 2015 at 5:42 AM Post #5,682 of 63,884
  CAD, You live in UK? I can send my woodie ANV (over-ear wearing style) if You anyone wants but post cost is by You member and if You he/she don`t want or like them, then offer them to next head-fi KZ thread member (for posting cost) who wants to try them (within EU).
wink.gif

That offer still available for KZ "fans"
wink.gif

Aug 12, 2015 at 7:24 AM Post #5,684 of 63,884

where can I see the list of all the models of KZ?

Searching on AliExpress would easily show all their available models. There are a few which are listed as KZ, but aren't actually KZ, such as S6, X7 etc.

From my knowledge I can put up following list : 
A1, R1, R3, R35, RX, DT3, DT5, Micro Ring, CM9, GR, ANV, ED1, ED2, EDSE, ED3, ED8m, ED9, ATE, ED10, ZN1

All these are available on AliExpress.

I don`t know if they are misnaming or what but what about C56R, EDR1 ?

Aug 12, 2015 at 7:35 AM Post #5,685 of 63,884

Users who are viewing this thread

Back