Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Oct 29, 2021 at 8:26 PM Post #56,911 of 63,917
Ermm... Unique Melody, Moondrop, and many more Chi-fi lol. I am talking about tri-brid IEM unless you are talking about Magnetostatic driver used in KZ ZEX.
The magnostatic driver
After burn in the Zex Def holds its own, it is a good set. The DQ6 is very nice but I have them neck and neck along with the EDX pro... Kz is doing good things. All of these are helped alot by tip changes.
KZ needs to drop these trash white tips.

Oct 29, 2021 at 9:10 PM Post #56,913 of 63,917
ZEX is going to need some miracle to impress me. I got 7hz Timeless and Mele 2 weeks ago and my KATO just arrived today.
Will be ordering ZEX pro when it is release tho.

Oct 30, 2021 at 12:00 AM Post #56,914 of 63,917
ZEX is going to need some miracle to impress me. I got 7hz Timeless and Mele 2 weeks ago and my KATO just arrived today.
Will be ordering ZEX pro when it is release tho.
Timeless, Mele, and Kato... Those are heavy weight man.
But i wanna see how far $20 can go in comparison to them. Especially the $50 Trip Mele who supposedly have similar sig

Oct 30, 2021 at 2:37 AM Post #56,915 of 63,917
Re: 7hz timeless - there's something about the shape of those that really bother me. I think I finally put my finger on it.

C5rW3YHWcAEtAgy.jpg

Oct 30, 2021 at 2:51 AM Post #56,916 of 63,917
Timeless, Mele, and Kato... Those are heavy weight man.
But i wanna see how far $20 can go in comparison to them. Especially the $50 Trip Mele who supposedly have similar sig
If you're in an area Amazon services, try these with just about any other eartips:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B085PPYY4D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They really did impress me with their comfortably bass-y casual listening sound. If you've got the DioFit Multi-flanged eartips, throw a set of those on for even nicer treble smoothness. They really do have great sub-bass and midbass impact for a 6mm DD, and the small driver helps them maintain decent treble performance as well. A friend of mine was impressed enough that he decided to buy several so he can use them in situations where his Kinera NanNa 2.0 might be at risk, like when he goes running. A sub-$20 set earning praise from someone who dailies a $900 set of IEMs is a pretty good metric for how they sound. They certainly aren't going to rival his NanNa, but they have a similar sound signature, so they're great for something that could be considered disposable if they get lost or damaged.

Oct 30, 2021 at 3:47 AM Post #56,917 of 63,917
My new hookup this week is the BA10 on the powerdac v2.1 and a new pair of balanced litz cables from XINHS. 320 mW into 32 ohms. Holeeeee fuuuuuuudgeeee (except i didn't say fudge!). Starline tips still getting the job done.

I think E1DA is KZ's spirit animal.
+1 for BA10 and Starlines. Just add a pure copper cable and you are good to go!

Oct 30, 2021 at 4:21 AM Post #56,918 of 63,917
If you're in an area Amazon services, try these with just about any other eartips:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B085PPYY4D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They really did impress me with their comfortably bass-y casual listening sound. If you've got the DioFit Multi-flanged eartips, throw a set of those on for even nicer treble smoothness. They really do have great sub-bass and midbass impact for a 6mm DD, and the small driver helps them maintain decent treble performance as well. A friend of mine was impressed enough that he decided to buy several so he can use them in situations where his Kinera NanNa 2.0 might be at risk, like when he goes running. A sub-$20 set earning praise from someone who dailies a $900 set of IEMs is a pretty good metric for how they sound. They certainly aren't going to rival his NanNa, but they have a similar sound signature, so they're great for something that could be considered disposable if they get lost or damaged.
Screenshot 2021-10-30 at 16.12.36.png

I wonder if these are the same. they even use the same stock photo. lol. someone shared this model on headfi earlier this ear I think, so it's nice to see some feedback on it. The one on amazon is cheaper though, it's like 30SGD on amazon sg. While I like the Yamaha EPH200-esque design, it didn't seem like a great deal at that time considering the original EPH200 was going for like 88SGD where I live early last year. :joy:

Oct 30, 2021 at 4:27 AM Post #56,919 of 63,917

I wonder if these are the same. they even use the same stock photo. lol. someone shared this model on headfi earlier this ear I think, so it's nice to see some feedback on it. The one on amazon is cheaper though, it's like 30SGD on amazon sg. While I like the Yamaha EPH200-esque design, it didn't seem like a great deal at that time considering the original EPH200 was going for like 88SGD where I live early last year. :joy:
I think the Pro model uses different drivers, so I'm sure they will sound quite different. If that price is in USD, then they're also quite a bit more expensive.

Edit: for reference, the ones on Amazon are the regular E-13, not the Pro model, so I don't have any listening impressions for the Pro model.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2021 at 4:32 AM Post #56,920 of 63,917
I think the Pro model uses different drivers, so I'm sure they will sound quite different. If that price is in USD, then they're also quite a bit more expensive.
it's is SGD, so around 35USD which is still a lot more expensive than the one you shared. :joy: I wonder if they use the same packaging. This is the one shared on that shopee store Jietu.

Screenshot 2021-10-30 at 16.31.10.png

Oct 30, 2021 at 4:50 AM Post #56,921 of 63,917
it's is SGD, so around 35USD which is still a lot more expensive than the one you shared. :joy: I wonder if they use the same packaging. This is the one shared on that shopee store Jietu.

Screenshot 2021-10-30 at 16.31.10.png
They do use the same packaging, but the non-pro model doesn't come with the 4.4mm adapter. If you can find the standard version, I'd recommend them. They're cheap and sound pretty great for what they are. Probably on par with $70-90 USD sets, which is pretty impressive. They aren't quite as good as the GD3A from GS Audio, but those are hybrids, so I wouldn't really expect them to beat those at a 4x price difference. If you don't want to pick apart your music to hunt down details then the E13 are plenty enjoyable.

Oct 30, 2021 at 6:10 AM Post #56,922 of 63,917
Screenshot 2021-10-30 at 16.12.36.png
I saw these on Amazon a while back.... Was going to purchase for a beater pair... But there is so much good chi-fi for around that price, plus no reviews so.... Never got em. You say they sound decent, maybe I'll check them out. I don't mind the form factor and removable cables...

Oct 30, 2021 at 7:01 AM Post #56,923 of 63,917
I saw these on Amazon a while back.... Was going to purchase for a beater pair... But there is so much good chi-fi for around that price, plus no reviews so.... Never got em. You say they sound decent, maybe I'll check them out. I don't mind the form factor and removable cables...
I've not tried them, but mndless' feedback on it seems promising. but like you mentioned, just so many cheap chi-fi stuff around that price that are also plenty enjoyable to listen to. I'll probably just KIV for now. The Yamaha EPH-200 was decent sounding and I love the design, but i struggle a bit to get a deep enough fit with them since my ear canal seems smaller. And if these E13 are the same size, it might not be suitable for my ears too, so i'm a bit hesitant personally :joy:

Screenshot 2021-10-30 at 19.01.56.png

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2021 at 8:12 AM Post #56,924 of 63,917
My new hookup this week is the BA10 on the powerdac v2.1 and a new pair of balanced litz cables from XINHS. 320 mW into 32 ohms. Holeeeee fuuuuuuudgeeee (except i didn't say fudge!). Starline tips still getting the job done.

I think E1DA is KZ's spirit animal.
I'm using Radius Deep Mount tips with BA10 and with that seal and comfort, it's arguably the best combo. Starlines are obviously the second best option for me. That's the thing with BA10, with proper fit and seal they're damn good and as you mentioned with power they just turn 🤯 I used them balanced out via my Walnut F2 and my face was melting in joy.

Oct 30, 2021 at 8:28 AM Post #56,925 of 63,917
I've not tried them, but mndless' feedback on it seems promising. but like you mentioned, just so many cheap chi-fi stuff around that price that are also plenty enjoyable to listen to. I'll probably just KIV for now. The Yamaha EPH-200 was decent sounding and I love the design, but i struggle a bit to get a deep enough fit with them since my ear canal seems smaller. And if these E13 are the same size, it might not be suitable for my ears too, so i'm a bit hesitant personally :joy:

Screenshot 2021-10-30 at 19.01.56.png
They are similar... It looks... In size to the Final e3000/4000 etc. I have the e4000 and they can go rather deep so if these are anything like those they may be OK for smaller ears. Anyways, it's interesting at least, just another budget set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back