Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Aug 9, 2015 at 3:19 AM Post #5,626 of 63,884
Did you try using the bronze filter yet.. I would take tons of ~10-15 dollar iems over the gold filter ED9.

I really don't get the appeal of the bronze filter. Well, I get it, I just don't enjoy it myself, haha. Too dry and brittle. Lacks the smooth and organic feel of the gold filter. To each their own (and a KZ product for every sound preference!!)

Aug 9, 2015 at 4:37 AM Post #5,627 of 63,884
I really don't get the appeal of the bronze filter. Well, I get it, I just don't enjoy it myself, haha. Too dry and brittle. Lacks the smooth and organic feel of the gold filter. To each their own (and a KZ product for every sound preference!!)

+++1.

I think a couple of people are using modified bronze nozzles and getting better than stock bronze SQ.

Aug 9, 2015 at 5:31 AM Post #5,629 of 63,884
ED8-M or the ED Special edition? I like the fun sound Xiaomi Piston 2 offered. Please help me. Thanks!

P.S I know this has been answered like a 100 times but I just can't search all the pages. Thanks again!

Aug 9, 2015 at 5:51 AM Post #5,630 of 63,884
  ED8-M or the ED Special edition? I like the fun sound Xiaomi Piston 2 offered. Please help me. Thanks!

P.S I know this has been answered like a 100 times but I just can't search all the pages. Thanks again!

For fun, bass enhanced sound like Piston 2 go for ED10. 

Aug 9, 2015 at 6:02 AM Post #5,631 of 63,884
Try closing the vents, makes a big difference really.

Thanks. I have closed the vents, and foam modded them (among other mod attempts). My favorite mod with the brass tips is still the "blue mod" I posted a while back; blue porous medical foam and tips from the Hauwei Honor, with the filters peeled back. Soundstage is huge.

Aug 9, 2015 at 7:05 AM Post #5,632 of 63,884
Originally Posted by Lohb /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mids anything but flat recessed on gold barrel.

It depends on many different things... source gear match, music quality, personal taste, hearing etc.
With both, my desk and portable rig, I find gold nozzles rather with V-shaped sound signature and I do think mids are neutral but somewhat laid-back by elevated bass & highs. With some music maybe even littlebit recessed. Just my subjective input about it
wink.gif

Did you try using the bronze filter yet.. I would take tons of ~10-15 dollar iems over the gold filter ED9.

Yes, each according to his own preference. You just aren`t not so much into neutral sound and that`s totally OK! :wink:

I wouldn`t get EDSE if You really like P2 sound. I think ED10 is best bet for You - gives SQ jump over P2 but retains the "fun" sound.

Aug 9, 2015 at 8:41 AM Post #5,633 of 63,884
You just aren`t not so much into neutral sound and that`s totally ok.

That's not entirely accurate. The ANV, Micro Ring, and ED3 are among my favorite iems, and those are all approaching neutral. Same with my AKG K553. I just don't like how the brass filters on the ED9 present that neutralish sound.

Aug 9, 2015 at 9:32 AM Post #5,634 of 63,884
cool.gif
Guys, everyone hears things DIFFERENTLY. We will never completely agree. For example, I would describe the Micro Ring, as Bass- Heavy. I don't hear it as neutral. OTOH, I DO hear the ANV as probably being the most Neutral KZ in my collection.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Aug 9, 2015 at 10:48 AM Post #5,635 of 63,884
e15641d8b306bf20910ab00fd81858d2.jpg

This setup is now my favorite, mostly for jazz, vocals, and a little of deep house :)

Aug 9, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #5,637 of 63,884

Yes using bronze\brass\dull nozzles, filters in place and regular small tips.

Aug 9, 2015 at 3:08 PM Post #5,639 of 63,884
Ordered a KZ ATE out of impulse, black and no-mic. Fan of transparent sound but then decided to try something different.

Hope it lives upto MH1c standards as far as VFM concerned. Liked the Piston 2.1 but the vocals were thin and devoid of any texture. Traded my Titan 1 because I never liked it except for its transient response and mid-bass. The Titanium injection for some reason provides for a very artificial sound.

Trust KZ ATE will fill the gap.

Aug 9, 2015 at 4:31 PM Post #5,640 of 63,884
I was trying to keep away from this thread due to the situations in Greece, oh damnit I checked and saw ED10 getting highly praised.
That was a critical hit, going to cry in a corner(xD).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back