Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Nov 8, 2020 at 12:38 AM Post #52,321 of 63,966
Nov 8, 2020 at 12:44 AM Post #52,322 of 63,966
I think if people don't like something, they just don't like it, so you just bite the bullet and move on :) I loved the sound of Fiio FH1S, but could not get a comfortable fit, so just gave up on that set.
We all hear same iem's a bit different, due to our inner constructions of ears. I don't find ASX muddy at all and I love the way woman vocals sound on it, Sessions from the 17th ward was amazing on ASX, and the high end is present in them, but not accented too much or ear piercing.

Nov 8, 2020 at 12:47 AM Post #52,323 of 63,966
I told him to try foam but he refused so ....
It is crucial to find the tips that work perfectly.
I use the smallest spinfit's on all my iem's as they are the only tips that don't cause discomfort for my baby ear canals 😃

Nov 8, 2020 at 12:48 AM Post #52,324 of 63,966
What tips do you use on ASX?
S size tips from bgvp dn2 and m size tips like sony hybrid(two color black and green).

with foam tips, the headphones will stick out like bananas from the ears.

Nov 8, 2020 at 12:49 AM Post #52,325 of 63,966
Because the reviews are total opposite. So I suspect there is a bad batch or something like that because they rushed the production. So far tho my ASX and ASF sound amazing, but they do have some cosmetic problems.
Wouldn't it be safer to wait then and buy a 2nd pair later when the problems are worked out?

Nov 8, 2020 at 12:49 AM Post #52,326 of 63,966
It is crucial to find the tips that work perfectly.
I use the smallest spinfit's on all my iem's as they are the only tips that don't cause discomfort for my baby ear canals 😃
Yes, I have often seen that since ASX they use the smallest nozzles, I also tried it and sat down great with them

Nov 8, 2020 at 12:51 AM Post #52,327 of 63,966
Wouldn't it be safer to wait then and buy a 2nd pair later when the problems are worked out?
Could be a safer bet, but also this could be the case, that the people who like them, simply like them the way they are, you never know :)

Nov 8, 2020 at 7:28 AM Post #52,328 of 63,966
I did some listening comparison to CCA CA16, I listened to Amber Rubarth Sessions from the 17th ward, as it is one of my go to 'test' albums when I get new IEM.
KZ ASX blows CCA out of the water on micro detail (there were minute sounds, finger slips on strings, or breathing etc., that were completely lost on CA16), sound stage and positioning. For the cable believers, I even used the same cable for both IEM's :) CA16 Sounded flat compared to KZ and 'muddier' and from looking to frequency graphs online for both of them it would seem that CA16 would be slightly better at high end. ASX is just amazing on binaural recordings.
If someone has CA16, loves how they fit (ASX it a tad bigger though) ASX is a worthy upgrade, that has a good punch on a low end, but is still able to get the minute details out of the music.
Will listen to Massive Attack Mezzanine back to back next and share my thoughts on that.
If I was a YouTuber, I would be hyping the 'f' out of ASX now :D

Nov 8, 2020 at 7:47 AM Post #52,329 of 63,966
with foam tips, the headphones will stick out like bananas from the ears.

A lot of people trim foam tips using a razor blade. You can make them as short as you want :)

Nov 8, 2020 at 8:44 AM Post #52,331 of 63,966
It is to be expected. The ASF has a more mainstream sound as opposed to the ASX. Problem is not many people have both because they both sounds amazingly similar tuning wise, but still have obvious differences. The ASX offers a more realistic depth and imaging in binaural recording which also great for watching movie (make sure don't use "headphone" setting while watching 5.1ch movies).
So it is worth owning both, in your opinion? I am tempted to get the ASF on 11.11 now, as I liked the ASX that much :)

Nov 8, 2020 at 9:17 AM Post #52,333 of 63,966
I did some listening comparison to CCA CA16, I listened to Amber Rubarth Sessions from the 17th ward, as it is one of my go to 'test' albums when I get new IEM.
KZ ASX blows CCA out of the water on micro detail (there were minute sounds, finger slips on strings, or breathing etc., that were completely lost on CA16), sound stage and positioning. For the cable believers, I even used the same cable for both IEM's :) CA16 Sounded flat compared to KZ and 'muddier' and from looking to frequency graphs online for both of them it would seem that CA16 would be slightly better at high end. ASX is just amazing on binaural recordings.
If someone has CA16, loves how they fit (ASX it a tad bigger though) ASX is a worthy upgrade, that has a good punch on a low end, but is still able to get the minute details out of the music.
Will listen to Massive Attack Mezzanine back to back next and share my thoughts on that.
If I was a YouTuber, I would be hyping the 'f' out of ASX now :D

Those are the first two albums I test with. With Amber Rubarth Sessions I know immediately if the iem or earbud is wired correctly ... not out of phase. Mezzanine tells me all I need to know about the bass. Also I often use Silver Swans - Forever - House of Blood to test my tolerance to the treble. For vocals, especially male vocals, I listen to songs from artists that I have seen perform live in small venues. I know how their voices should sound.

Nov 8, 2020 at 9:20 AM Post #52,334 of 63,966
I currently have the zs10 pro with a balanced cable. Will the asf be a noticeable upgrade? Nothing wrong with my 10p, I just have upgradeitis...😂
For me it is.

Nov 8, 2020 at 9:23 AM Post #52,335 of 63,966
Those are the first two albums I test with. With Amber Rubarth Sessions I know immediately if the iem or earbud is wired correctly ... not out of phase. Mezzanine tells me all I need to know about the bass. Also I often use Silver Swans - Forever - House of Blood to test my tolerance to the treble. For vocals, especially male vocals, I listen to songs from artists that I have seen perform live in small venues. I know how their voices should sound.
Dont know what Silver Swans - Forever - House of Blood is, will have to find it to listen to now 😃 ASX destroyed CA16 on Mezzanine on all fronts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back