Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Nov 7, 2020 at 11:06 PM Post #52,306 of 63,966
KZ ASX came and what can I say: they are very muddy, and it's simply impossible to listen to them. too dense and intrusive sound, female vocals acquire a masculine accent, a lot of bass (although this can be recorded as a plus). the fit is comfortable, you need to use attachments one size smaller. to be honest, they aren't even worth half their cost. it's just a failure...
despite the huge number of drivers, you will not find beautiful high frequencies here. As it seems to me, the driver coordination is very poorly tuned, because I hear that sometimes there are shouts and synthetic noise. sorry, but even BGVP DN2 sound much more detailed and balanced and cost less
Try foam tips with it if you haven't

Nov 7, 2020 at 11:11 PM Post #52,307 of 63,966
Try foam tips with it if you haven't
they are not needed there, with them landing will cause discomfort. it is necessary to use the smallest attachments in order to plant them adequately (like motiks)
IMG_20201107_173510_GC6.1_gamma1.8.jpg

I do not recommend them for purchase, but if you want to throw out $ 100 then why not.

Tomorrow ASF will arrive, so I will

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2020 at 11:24 PM Post #52,308 of 63,966
they are not needed there, with them landing will cause discomfort. it is necessary to use the smallest attachments in order to plant them adequately (like motiks)
I do not recommend them for purchase, but if you want to throw out $ 100 then why not.

Tomorrow ASF will arrive, so I will
I bet you won't like the ASF either as they sound similar, have the same fit and body style.

Nov 7, 2020 at 11:51 PM Post #52,309 of 63,966
I bet you won't like the ASF either as they sound similar, have the same fit and body style.
I think so too, but hope for the best. fewer drivers means better consistency :) . But honestly, I could not listen to 111, they tint very much and change the sound, everything hisses unnaturally. It's even more a matter of a bad crossover, I reworked it at cca a10, or rather removed the crossover completely and the sound became much better

Nov 7, 2020 at 11:51 PM Post #52,310 of 63,966
KZ ASX came and what can I say: they are very muddy, and it's simply impossible to listen to them. too dense and intrusive sound, female vocals acquire a masculine accent, a lot of bass (although this can be recorded as a plus). the fit is comfortable, you need to use attachments one size smaller. to be honest, they aren't even worth half their cost. it's just a failure...

[/Spoiler]
despite the huge number of drivers, you will not find beautiful high frequencies here. As it seems to me, the driver coordination is very poorly tuned, because I hear that sometimes there are shouts and synthetic noise. sorry, but even BGVP DN2 sound much more detailed and balanced and cost less
Can you give an example of a song that sounds bad and what to listen for?
I have the ASF and like them, but I don't really go into a deep analysis.
I just know I enjoy their sound, and nothing obviously negative stands out to me.
They do have a lot of bass.....didn't really notice any muddiness, but I've only tried about 8 different IEM's in my life, all pretty inexpensive.

Nov 7, 2020 at 11:57 PM Post #52,311 of 63,966
I think so too, but hope for the best. fewer drivers means better consistency :) . But honestly, I could not listen to 111, they tint very much and change the sound, everything hisses unnaturally. It's even more a matter of a bad crossover, I reworked it at cca a10, or rather removed the crossover completely and the sound became much better
Well its your ears, it sounds amazing on my ears. I even ordered another one (black) just so if there is inconsistency with the production.

Nov 8, 2020 at 12:00 AM Post #52,312 of 63,966
I just ordered the ASF for around $47, with coins. If nothing else, hopefully it will provide a lot of isolation.

Nov 8, 2020 at 12:02 AM Post #52,313 of 63,966
Well its your ears, it sounds amazing on my ears. I even ordered another one (black) just so if there is inconsistency with the production.
What do you mean inconsistency with the production. I was thinking about ordering another ASF, but I was going to wait.

When I find one that fits my ears so well, and I enjoy the sound I want two of them.
I have 2 DUNU DM-480's for that reason..........I didn't think I'd find much more below $70 that fit so well, but I think the ASF fits even better (really stays put)....although it does put a bit of painful pressure on the ear after a while until I get used to it.

Nov 8, 2020 at 12:03 AM Post #52,314 of 63,966
It's even more a matter of a bad crossover, I reworked it at cca a10, or rather removed the crossover completely and the sound became much better

Can you please provide a little more details? I’d love to hear more about it.

PM me if you don’t want to clog up the thread with mod related details.

Thanks!

Nov 8, 2020 at 12:04 AM Post #52,315 of 63,966
I just ordered the ASF for around $47, with coins. If nothing else, hopefully it will provide a lot of isolation.
I need to research how to use AliExpress coupons and coins. I have no idea how that stuff works.

Nov 8, 2020 at 12:13 AM Post #52,316 of 63,966
although it does put a bit of painful pressure on the ear after a while until I get used to it.

Try filing down or sanding off this portion of the plastic, and sanding it round and smooth again. It should take care of the problem.

35141850-71B5-4152-92EF-C15E1F5E37AD.jpeg

Nov 8, 2020 at 12:24 AM Post #52,317 of 63,966
Can you please provide a little more details? I’d love to hear more about it.

PM me if you don’t want to clog up the thread with mod related details.

Thanks!
you just need to remove the stock crossover. From the general plus, a 10 Ohm resistor goes to 30095, a 22 Ohm resistor for 29689, 22955 without a resistor for a straight line. Very strange, but these fittings do not support filtering by capacitors.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201108-122126_Samsung Notes.jpg
    Screenshot_20201108-122126_Samsung Notes.jpg
    757.8 KB · Views: 0
Nov 8, 2020 at 12:25 AM Post #52,318 of 63,966
Try filing down or sanding off this portion of the plastic, and sanding it round and smooth again. It should take care of the problem.

It won't work, the case is too thin. If I saw it off, there will be a hole. Discomfort from this elevation will be if you use large earpieces, but if you use small earpieces, the earbuds will fit completely into the ear and bring less discomfort

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2020 at 12:33 AM Post #52,319 of 63,966
What tips do you use on ASX?

Nov 8, 2020 at 12:37 AM Post #52,320 of 63,966
What do you mean inconsistency with the production. I was thinking about ordering another ASF, but I was going to wait.

When I find one that fits my ears so well, and I enjoy the sound I want two of them.
I have 2 DUNU DM-480's for that reason..........I didn't think I'd find much more below $70 that fit so well, but I think the ASF fits even better (really stays put)....although it does put a bit of painful pressure on the ear after a while until I get used to it.
Because the reviews are total opposite. So I suspect there is a bad batch or something like that because they rushed the production. So far tho my ASX and ASF sound amazing, but they do have some cosmetic problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back