Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Oct 16, 2020 at 6:40 AM Post #51,706 of 63,906
lol, i couldn't help myself from politely asking him if he's a scammer.

1602848137917.png

Oct 16, 2020 at 6:51 AM Post #51,707 of 63,906
Dude, we bought the ZS10pro for less than 10$ :confused:, ZAX costs 5+ times more and has plenty of lukewarm reviews. I bet that with a bit of EQ and even a small mod if necessary they can be pretty close in performance.
The ZS10 Pro are a steal for $10. That said, they are not close to the ZAX sound wise and EQ will not get them there. You can't EQ technical ability for the most part. The ZAX aren't 5 times better (maybe not even 2 times better) but they are very appreciably better. I have both and I have a soft spot for the ZS10 Pro as they were my first IEM and I still think they're good but the two are in a different class.

Oct 16, 2020 at 7:00 AM Post #51,708 of 63,906
The ZS10 Pro are a steal for $10. That said, they are not close to the ZAX sound wise and EQ will not get them there. You can't EQ technical ability for the most part. The ZAX aren't 5 times better (maybe not even 2 times better) but they are very appreciably better. I have both and I have a soft spot for the ZS10 Pro as they were my first IEM and I still think they're good but the two are in a different class.
I agree. I have been A-B'ing them and the ZS10 Pro is significantly recessed in the mids compared to the ZAX. The ZAX also has better bass, more detail and more extended highs without glare.

Oct 16, 2020 at 7:00 AM Post #51,709 of 63,906

This is what i thought about ZS5 vs ZS6 and now i tend to use my modded\EQd ZS5 more even though i'm 100% sure the ZS6 are better technically.

ZAX are not liked across the board so i'm not craving them personally.
If the ZS10p be better than my ZSR then i'll be very happy with them.

But none of this matters because we'll get empty boxes anyway:sweat_smile:

Oct 16, 2020 at 7:08 AM Post #51,710 of 63,906
ZAX are not liked across the board so i'm not craving them personally.

Very few things in life are liked across the board. Even chocolate. :wink:

Oct 16, 2020 at 8:57 AM Post #51,712 of 63,906

I feel like calling something "however many times better" when the price is in the double digits is a bit disingenuous anyway. Ratios break apart when the numbers are small. When the price difference is about what it costs to take a date to the movies as long as you bring your own snacks, as long as it's a NOTICEABLE improvement, it's worth it.

Like if I'm buying something that costs $250 and someone suggests buying a $500 model, now "twice as good" starts to be more important but the price gap is fairly wide.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2020 at 9:12 AM Post #51,714 of 63,906
Hi. I was wondering how much unit variance exists in kz iem's. I'm kinda new here so pardon me if this is a weird question.

That question is not addressable because it is unlikely that anyone will have a large enough sample size of any single KZ model to be able to obtain a reliable variance estimate :)

Oct 16, 2020 at 9:43 AM Post #51,716 of 63,906
IEMs are better for sure.
You listen to them and enjoy for hours and hours, while chocolate is gone in a minute, and then you need to get some more and you can't eat it all:L3000:
You also get more calories with chocolate. :joy:
You cant get fatter with iems lol.

Oct 16, 2020 at 9:46 AM Post #51,717 of 63,906

Chocolate makes IEMs sound sweeter, you heard it here first

Oct 16, 2020 at 9:48 AM Post #51,718 of 63,906

Haha u can get hearing loss with IEMs! And I have actually gotten fatter with IEMs, cause I spend more time indoors listening to gear than outside doing sports (before I got into this hobby).

Anyway, there's one IEM that is likened to a box of chocolates, that is the Urbanfun YBF-ISS014. As forrest gump and @lgcubana says, “My mom always said life was like a box of Urbanfuns. You never know what you're gonna get.” Will you get a beryllium driver or "noble metal" driver Urbanfun? Will you get a working MMCX or a lemon?

Oct 16, 2020 at 9:53 AM Post #51,719 of 63,906
Haha u can get hearing loss with IEMs! And I have actually gotten fatter with IEMs, cause I spend more time indoors listening to gear than outside doing sports (before I got into this hobby).

Anyway, there's one IEM that is likened to a box of chocolates, that is the Urbanfun YBF-ISS014. As forrest gump and @lgcubana says, “My mom always said life was like a box of Urbanfuns. You never know what you're gonna get.” Will you get a beryllium driver or "noble metal" driver Urbanfun? Will you get a working MMCX or a lemon?
such a shame with the urbanfun......(and all other iems with poor QC)

Oct 16, 2020 at 11:06 AM Post #51,720 of 63,906
lol, i couldn't help myself from politely asking him if he's a scammer.

1602848137917.png

I checked last night, and the guy was sold out. Now magically today he has plenty of every color and microphone configuration in stock.

Also, his seller profile says he’s from Australia, but supposedly the ZS10 Pro is shipping from Singapore.

I’m gonna chalk this one up to ‘if it’s too good to be true it probably is’, and avoid this deal. How this guy is able to sell them for a fraction of what everyone else is selling them for is highly suspicious. I’ll honestly be shocked if you guys all get your ZS10s, and that they are NIB, factory sealed, and fully functional.

But, who knows. I would have never thought you could buy 30 Starlines for $0.99 shipped, and that turned out to be legit. So stranger things have happened!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back