Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Oct 15, 2020 at 5:38 PM Post #51,691 of 63,907
I actually agree with you. I rather have a bit lower treble quantity than a bit too much treble quantity (that in most cases leads to sharpness or sibilance).

Because if the treble is a bit sharp, you cant fully relax while listening to music because you are always on the lookout for a track that is sharp.

But of course there are some exception where even if the iem has tons of treble quantity, it isnt sharp at all. That is the case for example with the LZ A6/A7 and the Tin Hifi P1.

I'm curious about the A7, it's near the top of my list right now. The filters are a big factor in that, too. I liked the se846 for that.

Oct 15, 2020 at 6:21 PM Post #51,692 of 63,907
So I reviewed the KZ ZST X, and it's a pretty good budget hybrid if you like V-shaped signature. The stock cable is much improved over previous KZ offerings, Starline tips are as awesome as always and the tuning isn't fatiguing or harsh for the most part. A beater IEM that will probably serve well during commutes.

You can read the full review here: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/kz-zst-x.24513/review/24539/

IMG_8343.JPG

Oct 15, 2020 at 9:10 PM Post #51,693 of 63,907
Just gonna leave this link for zs10 pro for under 10 bucks shipped.. Hope it's legit, I ordered two pair.. Proceed at your own risk https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/324325710634
Looks legit, seller has 100% feedback ships from Singapore.. Keeping fingers crossed.

Wow that's a crazily good deal! Thanks for sharing. Would have bought one if I didn't already buy one in the past.

I took a listen to the KZ ZS10 Pro last week after it was in my drawer for a year, it hasn't aged that bad IMO, still quite good technical performance in 2020. In fact it has better tonality and timbre than the recently released CCA C10 Pro, maybe better imaging and soundstage in the ZS10 Pro too.

Probably some of the newer KZs like ASX and ASF and ZAX may beat the ZS10 Pro in technical performance, but for $10 this is a great deal (assuming it is legit).

Oct 15, 2020 at 10:12 PM Post #51,694 of 63,907
Just gonna leave this link for zs10 pro for under 10 bucks shipped.. Hope it's legit, I ordered two pair.. Proceed at your own risk https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/324325710634
Looks legit, seller has 100% feedback ships from Singapore.. Keeping fingers crossed.

I bet he'll send the ZSN pro, they seem similar.

I tried to order the blue one, but someone beat me to it lol... now i don't know if to order the purple as i am not a fancy boy.

Oct 15, 2020 at 10:39 PM Post #51,696 of 63,907
"I took a listen to the KZ ZS10 Pro last week after it was in my drawer for a year, it hasn't aged that bad IMO, still quite good technical performance in 2020. In fact it has better tonality and timbre than the recently released CCA C10 Pro, maybe better imaging and soundstage in the ZS10 Pro too"
I agree wholeheartedly. ZS10 PRO for me, is the type of iem that makes me want to listen to multiple genres for hours, even when I'm tired and should be going to bed. I have to force myself to stop listening to them, so I can get some sleep. Never have to do that with other iems I own. It's a good problem to have, though. Lol!

Oct 15, 2020 at 10:40 PM Post #51,697 of 63,907
Ok, i've fallen for the ZS10 pro scam too :sweat_smile:

I hope we'll get our money back after he sends us empty boxes.
102 sold overall:thinking:

damn it me too, I got 3, worst comes to worst, I will report fraud.

Oct 15, 2020 at 11:08 PM Post #51,699 of 63,907
Good luck on those ZS10 pros... I absolutely hated the sound of the ZS10, out of probably 25+ chifi iems that was the worst I've heard. Hoping maybe they were defective, but both sides sounded so hollow in the mids with no real redeeming qualities... Anyway, decent deal even if it shows up a ZSN pro I guess.

Oct 15, 2020 at 11:55 PM Post #51,700 of 63,907
"I took a listen to the KZ ZS10 Pro last week after it was in my drawer for a year, it hasn't aged that bad IMO, still quite good technical performance in 2020. In fact it has better tonality and timbre than the recently released CCA C10 Pro, maybe better imaging and soundstage in the ZS10 Pro too"

I agree wholeheartedly. ZS10 PRO for me, is the type of iem that makes me want to listen to multiple genres for hours, even when I'm tired and should be going to bed. I have to force myself to stop listening to them, so I can get some sleep. Never have to do that with other iems I own. It's a good problem to have, though. Lol!

This, but the ZAX for me :)

Oct 16, 2020 at 1:24 AM Post #51,701 of 63,907
Good luck on those ZS10 pros... I absolutely hated the sound of the ZS10, out of probably 25+ chifi iems that was the worst I've heard. Hoping maybe they were defective, but both sides sounded so hollow in the mids with no real redeeming qualities... Anyway, decent deal even if it shows up a ZSN pro I guess.

you might get a lemon, ZS10 pro has close representation with ZAX, I modded mine sounded really close to my ZAX.

Oct 16, 2020 at 1:27 AM Post #51,702 of 63,907
This, but the ZAX for me :)

CCA CA16 for long hour listening, ZAX for working, ZS10 Pro for beat up workout - it's falling apart already, the pin site already broken - I am going to use it until it's completely unusable, ZS6 same as ZS10 Pro.

Waiting for my TRN V90s and TFZ tequila (bought 3) from last amazon lightning deal - this is a good Xmas gift.

Oct 16, 2020 at 1:28 AM Post #51,703 of 63,907
That's my idea too, ebay will have to refund everyone right? it's at least 80 costumers.
I really have no idea how these things work.

I hope, that will be the ZS10 pro and not the lemon ones... thinking gifting them to some of my friends at Xmas

Oct 16, 2020 at 2:12 AM Post #51,704 of 63,907
Ah, the ZS10 Pro. Insanely great IEM for the price point when it came out a year and a half ago. I seriously loved mine, but the ZAX is like a ZS10 Pro that does virtually everything better: better treble extension but less harshness and shoutiness, less bass* but more agile and textured bass, more detail and clarity* across the board, huge difference in soundstage, more precise imaging and layering...I love the ZS10 Pro and I think at the $25 price point they still slap, but the ZAX are straight up superior in every way I can think of. And more versatile because it's a less intense V shape.

*While the ZAX have less bass, and graph that way, due to vastly better instrument separation, bass guitars for example are much more perceptible and isolable, so while it's less bass, you actually hear that bass as something specific, whereas on the ZS10 Pro it's just mud. It's glorious hearing for the first time bass guitars on records where you've literally never noticed them before because they disappeared into the mix, and not only that but also hearing in precise detail the distortion of the amp, each fingerpick etc.

*Detail and clarity comes mostly, but not entirely, from the added upper treble, I think. But anyway, the ZAX are able to reveal many other things that less resolving KZs can't, all across the spectrum. Reverb on vocals that is otherwise hardly audible, defined scratchiness in vocals, etc. I'm amazed to think there are IEMs that are significantly more detailed and technical than even this.

That said, the ZS10 Pro do the "fun sound" really well. I happen to think the CCA C12 outdo them in the fun department along with being slightly more technical for a $3-4 price difference. But their V was too extreme for me and I find their mids thin. Still, fun they are.

ZS10 Pro are amazing for $25. ZAX for $49 are my favorite IEM purchase. Overall, I don't understand why some audiophiles take a condescending view of KZ. I think they make some of the best <$100 stuff for sure. Hoping the ASX is great now so that they can continue upmarket.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2020 at 6:37 AM Post #51,705 of 63,907
Ah, the ZS10 Pro. Insanely great IEM for the price point when it came out a year and a half ago. I seriously loved mine, but the ZAX is like a ZS10 Pro that does virtually everything better: better treble extension but less harshness and shoutiness, less bass* but more agile and textured bass, more detail and clarity* across the board, huge difference in soundstage, more precise imaging and layering...I love the ZS10 Pro and I think at the $25 price point they still slap, but the ZAX are straight up superior in every way I can think of. And more versatile because it's a less intense V shape.

*While the ZAX have less bass, and graph that way, due to vastly better instrument separation, bass guitars for example are much more perceptible and isolable, so while it's less bass, you actually hear that bass as something specific, whereas on the ZS10 Pro it's just mud. It's glorious hearing for the first time bass guitars on records where you've literally never noticed them before because they disappeared into the mix, and not only that but also hearing in precise detail the distortion of the amp, each fingerpick etc.

*Detail and clarity comes mostly, but not entirely, from the added upper treble, I think. But anyway, the ZAX are able to reveal many other things that less resolving KZs can't, all across the spectrum. Reverb on vocals that is otherwise hardly audible, defined scratchiness in vocals, etc. I'm amazed to think there are IEMs that are significantly more detailed and technical than even this.

That said, the ZS10 Pro do the "fun sound" really well. I happen to think the CCA C12 outdo them in the fun department along with being slightly more technical for a $3-4 price difference. But their V was too extreme for me and I find their mids thin. Still, fun they are.

ZS10 Pro are amazing for $25. ZAX for $49 are my favorite IEM purchase. Overall, I don't understand why some audiophiles take a condescending view of KZ. I think they make some of the best <$100 stuff for sure. Hoping the ASX is great now so that they can continue upmarket.

Dude, we bought the ZS10pro for less than 10$ :confused:, ZAX costs 5+ times more and has plenty of lukewarm reviews. I bet that with a bit of EQ and even a small mod if necessary they can be pretty close in performance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back