Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 9, 2019 at 6:33 PM Post #49,021 of 63,881
Screenshot_2019-12-09-15-16-09-071_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg
I'm not impressed at all with the FR graph

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2019 at 8:07 PM Post #49,022 of 63,881
Not to crap in KZ's oatmeal but I just got TRN T200 TWS, for $30. Not a huge fan of the tuning, but I will say that they are super light, decently comfortable and have never dropped once in over 30 hours on them. They also make it through an entire 8 hour workday on one charge. They are also waterproof, Aptx and the touch controls work very well. Im actually amazed at how well they do work.

KZ really has a huge hill to climb.

Dec 10, 2019 at 4:23 AM Post #49,023 of 63,881
From time to time I still go for the ATE, first (and best) edition.

IMG_20191210_091845.jpg

Does someone remember the shield case. I still have one, with an ATE inside, sealed.

IMG_20191202_224406.jpg

Dec 10, 2019 at 8:49 AM Post #49,024 of 63,881

Mine is not the first edition but I do enjoy my ATE and ATR.

I enjoy all my older KZs and have not bought the newer ones, although I have bought new offerings from some other brands. My newest model KZ is the regular ZSN that I like well enough to have bought two. I put a balanced cable on one of them. My most recent KZ purchase was an ED7 (the wooden one) that I managed to track down... love that one too. Maybe I just love my music! :)

Last week the balanced cables arrived that I ordered on 11:11 for a few of my oldies. I have a couple of DAPs with balanced output that I wanted to take advantage of. Here they are:

top row: red ZS10 (I also have that cable on my green ZS6 V1), and carbon ZST

bottom row: grey ZS5 V1, and green ZST

10393259.jpg

The group shot does not do the ZSR justice so I tried again.. but it still looks better in real life

10393358.jpg

Dec 10, 2019 at 9:04 AM Post #49,025 of 63,881

My first KZ was an ATE-S.
I didn't care for it due to lack of bass, but I'm a total basshead.
I do, however, like my other KZ IEMs.
Those being the ES4 and ZS7.
I'm very glad I didn't give up on KZ after my one bad experience.
beer.png

Dec 10, 2019 at 9:05 AM Post #49,026 of 63,881

I enjoy all my older KZs and have not bought the newer ones, although I have bought new offerings from some other brands. My newest model KZ is the regular ZSN that I like well enough to have bought two. I put a balanced cable on one of them. My most recent KZ purchase was an ED7 (the wooden one) that I managed to track down... love that one too. Maybe I just love my music! :)

Last week the balanced cables arrived that I ordered on 11:11 for a few of my oldies. I have a couple of DAPs with balanced output that I wanted to take advantage of. Here they are:

10393259.jpg

The group shot does not do the ZSR justice so I tried again.. but it still looks better in real life

10393358.jpg

10393259.jpg

10393358.jpg

Great collection!
The ZS5 v1 is still one of my all time favs. I carry one around with me all the time:
IMG_20191210_135408.jpg
They are power hungry but they manage to sound great with the KZ USB-c cable.

Kudos for your reference on Mr Cohen on your signature. I've been listening to his posthumous album lately, it's so good it hurts.

Dec 10, 2019 at 10:14 AM Post #49,027 of 63,881
Kudos for your reference on Mr Cohen on your signature. I've been listening to his posthumous album lately, it's so good it hurts.

I know. I can only listen to it when I am sitting quietly alone.

Dec 10, 2019 at 7:56 PM Post #49,028 of 63,881
I keep doing occasional browsing to see if there's anything to go for after the ZSX and... nothing seems terribly appealing. I can't tell if I should be relieved or annoyed.

Dec 10, 2019 at 8:43 PM Post #49,030 of 63,881
Thanks to @Mellowship and @mbwilson111, I'm dialing back the clock myself with this little gem.

ZS5 v1 + new Hibiscus cable

ZS5v1.jpg

Damn I forgot how clean and musical the ZS5 v1 sounds, especially when amped with a proper low impedance/high current source (not the iPod). These babies deserved a new lease on life with their shiny new cable :)

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2019 at 8:09 AM Post #49,031 of 63,881
Hey everyone this is gonna sound weird but does any one know how does the usual suspects(ZS7,ZS10 pro,ZSX,BLON-03) compare to the ATH-IM70 as I used to own those and want to know what can I expect from these (12.12 discount is not bad found the ZSX for 35$)

Thanks

Dec 11, 2019 at 8:51 AM Post #49,032 of 63,881
Wow, just skimmed through a month of posts ... funny someone managed to find an ED7 .. :) missing that one in my stable ...

still wondering if I should go for the AS12 on black friday, but it feels like a completist buy .. and different color scheme, yeah! But I already have the AS16 ... I read about the AS12 they have a punchy BA bass?
Anyone with both, the 12 and 16 recommend to have both? :)

and yes, it has been mighty quiet on the KZ front since Terminator and E10 TWS ... what's up with that? Need more KZ in my life!
If you wanted to describe your impressions about AS12, I would be very interested :)

Dec 11, 2019 at 8:59 AM Post #49,034 of 63,881
The sucky thing about TW is it’s doomed to end up in a landfill. Usually after just 1 year of use, the battery doesn’t hold a charge.

This is sadly very true!
Actually, I think most of the stuff on AliX is all future trash (with varying shelf lives) ... and most of it is plastic based.

Read an article a while ago that clothing is especially bad in that regard, there is so much over production to make sure the shops are full with all colors and all sizes, that even after sales and outlet shops, about 80% goes to the landfill!!!

We are slowly turning this planet into a ball of plastic ...

At least, until then, we get to listen to music on our audio gear :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back