Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 8, 2019 at 4:15 PM Post #49,006 of 63,966
What's up with KZ? They haven't released anything new in ages(for them). :)
Sadly, KZ and CCA (even more sadly) seem to be stuck on the wireless set.
My dream of C18 for Christmas got grinched :frowning2:

Dec 8, 2019 at 4:36 PM Post #49,007 of 63,966
they've released the KZ ZSN Pro "Commemorative Edition" or what its name is with the nice looking blue backplate

Never heard of that one. Got a photo or a link?

The only blue one I know of is the ZS10 Pro "Royal Blue".

Ha4c3b4198b4f45a3b8a8910f92f3d8d5J.jpg

Dec 8, 2019 at 4:56 PM Post #49,009 of 63,966
Dec 9, 2019 at 5:06 AM Post #49,012 of 63,966
New KZ TWS

kzs1.jpg

More on the KZ-S1, for those too lazy to look them up :)

2 versions DD and DD/BA hybrid. Very tasty pricing at 21/24$
4 colors, white / black for DD, gray and green for the hybrids.
I see AAC listed, not AptX.
No volume control
For the first time, the buds are correctly oriented (L/R) in the case !!! :)

Looks like so far only the gray model is 'available' (some others let you already order the others, but it is all 'pre-sale' ... so, who knows when that gets released)

I might wait for the green one ... kinda pretty .. not in a rush :)

KZ_S1D_S1.jpg

Bit of a bummer, while description calls them 'Sport' headphones, they have NO IPX rating / no waterproof...

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2019 at 5:36 AM Post #49,013 of 63,966
New KZ TWS

More on the KZ-S1, for those too lazy to look them up :)

2 versions DD and DD/BA hybrid. Very tasty pricing at 21/24$
4 colors, white / black for DD, gray and green for the hybrids.
I see AAC listed, not AptX.
No volume control
For the first time, the buds are correctly oriented (L/R) in the case !!! :)

Looks like so far only the gray model is 'available' (some others let you already order the others, but it is all 'pre-sale' ... so, who knows when that gets released)

I might wait for the green one ... kinda pretty .. not in a rush :)

Bit of a bummer, while description calls them 'Sport' headphones, they have NO IPX rating / no waterproof...

So this was what KZ was up to after radio silence for a few months (compared to the almost monthly release of KZ stuff at the first three quarters of this year).
Seems they are targeting the wireless rabbit hole rather than spamming more hybrids.

I saw some feedback that the previous KZ E10 had some connectivity issues? Hope it's fixed in this iteration.

Dec 9, 2019 at 5:45 AM Post #49,014 of 63,966
New KZ TWS

So this was what KZ was up to after radio silence for a few months (compared to the almost monthly release of KZ stuff at the first three quarters of this year).
Seems they are targeting the wireless rabbit hole rather than spamming more hybrids.

I saw some feedback that the previous KZ E10 had some connectivity issues? Hope it's fixed in this iteration.

I got lucky with the E10 and had NO connectivity issue at all, but some early YT ppl had them. I just find the E10 a bit cumbersome to wear, as nice as they sound.
I just checked and it appears the first TWS of KZ, the T1, is nowhere to be seen anymore ...

Dec 9, 2019 at 10:05 AM Post #49,015 of 63,966

The E10 were terrible -- the worst BT reception I've ever had. Thankfully, Ali has free returns and I sent them back. Their original wireless set (ZSX?) was actually pretty good (except for the funky case). These look very close to those.

These do look nice, but I will wait to hear some impressions. I'm done being a beta tester.

Dec 9, 2019 at 10:11 AM Post #49,016 of 63,966
Yeah KZ have bad record with their infamous connectivity issue since their first BT adapter. I would like to hear at least ZSX quality on TWS form. Not in hurry though. Looks like they are after TWS market

Dec 9, 2019 at 11:34 AM Post #49,017 of 63,966
The E10 were terrible -- the worst BT reception I've ever had. Thankfully, Ali has free returns and I sent them back. Their original wireless set (ZSX?) was actually pretty good (except for the funky case). These look very close to those.

These do look nice, but I will wait to hear some impressions. I'm done being a beta tester.

i never had connection issues with my e10, I just find them cumbersome to put on / fiddle for perfect fit ... the first set (KZ T1) is still pretty great. Only thing there is the weird volume hump (like there’s no volume stop between 30% and 70%), which depending on recording and surrounding noise can be a P in the A

Dec 9, 2019 at 11:49 AM Post #49,018 of 63,966
Yeah, in my experience all KZ Bluetooth products are beta products. I learned long ago to wait and see. I’m sure glad I did on the E10, as tempted as I was. And look how they turned out. I’ll be waiting on these as well.

That’s great if KZ wants to go after the TW market, but they will fail unless they can get their Bluetooth connectivity issues figured out.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2019 at 3:44 PM Post #49,019 of 63,966
^ Also, in addition right after connection issues we might just want better battery life and volume control. I like the green-blue/aqua-ish color but not 3 hours of battery life.
H133faacd47e34cd5b6b4f1d24d74744er.jpg

They need to stop the "it's okay cause it is cheap" thing cause BT has to work and be convenient. Works on the earphones but doesn't translate to wireless earphones. A few sound quirks like metallic treble or something off here and there is okay for a cheap hybrid but TW has got to work and do things others can do like change volume.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2019 at 4:34 PM Post #49,020 of 63,966
^ Also, in addition right after connection issues we might just want better battery life and volume control. I like the green-blue/aqua-ish color but not 3 hours of battery life.
H133faacd47e34cd5b6b4f1d24d74744er.jpg

They need to stop the "it's okay cause it is cheap" thing cause BT has to work and be convenient. Works on the earphones but doesn't translate to wireless earphones. A few sound quirks like metallic treble or something off here and there is okay for a cheap hybrid but TW has got to work and do things others can do like change volume.

The sucky thing about TW is it’s doomed to end up in a landfill. Usually after just 1 year of use, the battery doesn’t hold a charge.

Whereas I still have wired headphones that are decades old, IEM that are 5-10 years old, etc. And I can make any of them wireless with TRN BT20 or Radsone ES100 etc.

So even if a company makes a ‘good’ TW, with great sound, reliable connectivity, long battery life, volume control, etc, you’re only gonna get maybe a year out if it before it gets tossed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back