Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 1, 2019 at 9:21 PM Post #48,976 of 63,944
I received my KZ ZS7 and corresponding cable today, which I purchased on 11/11.
It definitely has better bass than the KZ ES4, but I'm not sure if it's worth the premium price.
I'm glad I have it, and it'll be what I use when I need an IEM, which, honestly, isn't that often.
Most of the time I use over-ear headphones, but I like having some nice IEMs because they're portable.
I also like the blue metal body of the ZS7.
It looks classy.
thumbsup.png

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2019 at 4:46 AM Post #48,977 of 63,944
What is holding me off from the purchase of the ZS10 Pro is the lack of quality 90° 2.5mm TRRS C pin wires.
This lack of quality wires is pushing me away from the KZ line and towards an IEM that have the MMCX connector, which I can find plenty of 25 core with a 90° 2.5mm.
What have you found for 2.5mm upgrade wires?
Hi, you can easily find on AliExpress good balanced 2.5mm cables with C pin.
I believe you do not need a big heavy cable to inprove the sound.
I baught a KBear silver plated 2.5mm at 12€ for my C12, very satisfied with the build and sound !

https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/33039772804.html

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2019 at 5:25 AM Post #48,979 of 63,944
Hey everyone I wanted to ask if you were an EDM guy that likes bass (Not the muddy garbage one) and want to choose between these three:

KZ ZS7
KZ ZS10 pro
KZ ZSX

I had an ATH-IM70 that I liked how it sound but I am not sure how it will compare to each (And although this is a KZ thread do you have any other brands recommendation)

Thanks

Dec 4, 2019 at 9:08 AM Post #48,982 of 63,944
I love ZSX. Zs10 pro are also pretty good but a bit more aggressive and are obsolete with the existance of the CCA C12, which have an extremely similar tuning but with better technicalities and tighter bass.

Dec 4, 2019 at 12:27 PM Post #48,983 of 63,944
Hey everyone I wanted to ask if you were an EDM guy that likes bass (Not the muddy garbage one) and want to choose between these three:

KZ ZS7
KZ ZS10 pro
KZ ZSX

I had an ATH-IM70 that I liked how it sound but I am not sure how it will compare to each (And although this is a KZ thread do you have any other brands recommendation)

Thanks
I would say, depending on your budget, ZS10 Pro on the lower price end and only if you're not treble sensitive. Not because they are peaky, but because some EDM can have splashy treble and synth hits that might get magnified by the Pro's sound signature and may become fatiguing. I don't think you can go wrong with the ZSX for the higher price, and its bass will kick you in the head. It's also better all around, IMHO.

Dec 4, 2019 at 4:14 PM Post #48,985 of 63,944
Thanks a lot everyone for your replies and forgive me for being too pushy but for a last comparison (ZSX,ZS7,CCA C12) which one would you recommend.

And thanks
I have all three. For your preferred genres I would recommend the ZS7. Also you can use normal 2 pin cables and not QDC types. Bear in mind also that you may get improved sound with good wide bore tips.

Dec 4, 2019 at 7:33 PM Post #48,987 of 63,944
C12 ....Hey folks did I miss anything in The Land of KZ?
I’ve been on the mend from the brutal and tortuous invasion of Gout in my left foot (ankle,big toe).
Never get gout or as the pretty ER doc told me “serious arthritis” she wasn’t kidding!

Any new hot KZ iems, I saw the wireless offerings, meh!

Dec 4, 2019 at 8:34 PM Post #48,988 of 63,944
From what I hear, the latest KZ IEM is the KZ ZSX Terminator.
How long have you been gone?

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2019 at 8:46 PM Post #48,989 of 63,944
Not super long, that model was out before I drifted away......ok so no huge releases. I’ve been listening to music and staying off my feet. Reading just a few threads.
Not really as gone as I sounded...sorry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back