Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jun 27, 2015 at 3:16 PM Post #4,861 of 63,919
Does anyone know hypothetically which one of these would pair up best with a warm amp, and benefit from amping?

For reference, the TTPOD T1e sounds like trash on my amp, very bassy and bloated. Maybe the ED9 will sound good?

ED9 brass and ATE both sound fuller with warm amp and don't seem to bloat bass. I'd recommend these.

Jun 28, 2015 at 1:45 AM Post #4,862 of 63,919
After reading some ATE impressions i just feel like my ATE is a "different" IEM. I really feel almost zero bass. I really think that they have some nice sounding guitars and a nice detail retrieval but really feel no bass. Anyone here have the same experience? 

Jun 28, 2015 at 2:25 AM Post #4,863 of 63,919
  After reading some ATE impressions i just feel like my ATE is a "different" IEM. I really feel almost zero bass. I really think that they have some nice sounding guitars and a nice detail retrieval but really feel no bass. Anyone here have the same experience? 

I also received an ATE with not enough bass, and I just closed the vents on the nozzle. With the closed vents, the ATE has awesome bass.

Jun 28, 2015 at 2:50 AM Post #4,865 of 63,919
So basically ATE's vent is covered with some kind of micro fabric, from inside. This is easily noticeable here (my ATE, which has nice quantity of bass)

If your ATE has vents that are not xoveredcovered from inside then it's likely to be the root cause. Please check out ppl and post your findings here.

Jun 28, 2015 at 3:10 AM Post #4,867 of 63,919
Well, everything i have to say now is just that this quality shouldn't be allowed for a U$10 bud delivered from the other side of the world into my doorstep. Just impressive
eek.gif

Jun 28, 2015 at 9:25 AM Post #4,868 of 63,919
Anyone looked at ED10? i posted the link on other thread.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-original-KZ-ED10-in-ear-headphones-fever-wire-balance-HIFI-bass-for-mp3-mp4/32377244418.html

Jun 28, 2015 at 9:53 AM Post #4,871 of 63,919
smily_headphones1.gif
Did they Change venting on the ATE at some point? My older Silvers have Vents My newer Clears DO NOT have vents. I just checked under a strong light with a magnifying Glass....NADA.

ODD.....

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Jun 28, 2015 at 10:00 AM Post #4,872 of 63,919
smily_headphones1.gif
Just Got my Fiio X3ii yesterday. These KZ's sound EVEN BETTER!!!!

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Jun 28, 2015 at 10:23 AM Post #4,873 of 63,919
:) Did they Change venting on the ATE at some point? My older Silvers have Vents My newer Clears DO NOT have vents. I just checked under a strong light with a magnifying Glass....NADA.

ODD.....

:cool: :cool: TWIN

Maybe they heard too many complaints of no bass? I like mine as is, mediocre sub-bass and all. They're nicely balanced, warm, and smooth. The ATE is on of the few iems in my collection perfect for extra long listening sessions.

Jun 28, 2015 at 10:50 AM Post #4,874 of 63,919
My silver ones bass was same as my new black ones and both have vent holes. Closing them will make bass/kick noticeably more present but I liked my Silver and now black version better without closing holes - more balanced and neutral. Btw, ATE is quite sensitive to tip rolling imo, at least with my ears. Tried almost same shaped/sized tips and result was slightly different bass quantity.
If some ppl are getting no bass then definitely try different tips. I got best result with smallest ED9 tips and those white very soft tiny tips I posted with ED9 pic. 
I`m not so sure but from memory I think silver ATE sounded littlebit more "hollow" than black. It might come from shell material difference. Will do grill-mod sometime soon and hear if it has same result as with silver ones.

Jun 28, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #4,875 of 63,919
Yup, bass on ATE is tip sensitive, i had the same impression(that there is no bass at all) when i used Sony hybrids, i tried about 5-6 different tips and found the best one for my ATE(I don't recall where I got these tips.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back