Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jun 24, 2015 at 5:16 PM Post #4,816 of 63,966
ATE(By far the best KZ Iem for my tastes, or i got a specially tuned pair can't explain it better this thing is just great)
ED9(Brass)
EDSE
ED3/R35(Totally different but i like those the same).

That's my ranking, looking forward for ED10 :x

Jun 24, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #4,817 of 63,966
Atm, in current slightly modded configuration, my top 3 are ANV, ATE and ED9 (brass). I honestly can`t rate one over another because they have different sound signature and music focus.
ATE is great all-rounder while ED9 is more suitable for EDM/pop-rock and ANV for acoustic/instrumental/vocal. 
Though, my opinion might change after I finish modding them all.

About EDSE, I and my friend (who is using them most of the time) have burned it long time by now and I still find highs splashywith SSsss sibilance in vocals and bass department is still lacking littlebit. Maybe I should try to mod them sometime but they are not so appealing for that in my eyes/ears.
GR wasn`t bad or good for me but it was totally different from other KZs with its quite intimate/foward and 
Λ-shaped soundstage. They were great for oldschool rock imo.​
R35 was very similar to Piston2 when its harsh highs are removed by foam mod. ​

If someone pointed gun to my head - I would say ATE is best KZ IEM at the moment. I`m so sorry ANV & ED9 ;( !​

Jun 24, 2015 at 9:14 PM Post #4,818 of 63,966
  Atm, in current slightly modded configuration, my top 3 are ANV, ATE and ED9 (brass). I honestly can`t rate one over another because they have different sound signature and music focus.
ATE is great all-rounder while ED9 is more suitable for EDM/pop-rock and ANV for acoustic/instrumental/vocal. 

About EDSE, I and my friend (who is using them most of the time) have burned it long time by now and I still find highs splashywith SSsss sibilance in vocals and bass department is still lacking littlebit. Maybe I should try to mod them sometime but they are not so appealing for that in my eyes/ears.
GR wasn`t bad or good for me but it was totally different from other KZs with its quite intimate/foward and 

If someone pointed gun to my head - I would say ATE is best KZ IEM at the moment. I`m so sorry ANV & ED9 ;( !​

Didn't know you can make font that small :p .

Jun 24, 2015 at 11:45 PM Post #4,819 of 63,966

LOL that last line haha.. And hm ANV is good for acoustic, instrumental and vocal..? 

Jun 25, 2015 at 12:03 AM Post #4,820 of 63,966

Bought quite a number of kz earphones...and this is how i store all my earphones. Upgrading from small compartment to larger compartment. Got it at Daiso for sgd$2.

Jun 25, 2015 at 12:03 AM Post #4,821 of 63,966
And hm ANV is good for acoustic, instrumental and vocal..?

Yes, because ANV has very good micro-details through all FR and overall sound resolution quite surprising.
Sounds very effortless in detail department. Vocals are cleaner and more in focus than with ATE/ED9. 
If only ANV could do tinybit more and deeper sub-bass ;( Will receive soon some triple-flange tips for deeper insertion and try few more mod tricks and see what happens then :wink:
But another thing I`m suspecting is that ANV benefits from amping and will bring more sub-bass into play.

Jun 25, 2015 at 1:31 AM Post #4,822 of 63,966

Bought quite a number of kz earphones...and this is how i store all my earphones. Upgrading from small compartment to larger compartment. Got it at Daiso for sgd$2.

Wow that actually works quite well! I have the opaque version of the left side one. Love it! Super strong!

Jun 25, 2015 at 4:14 AM Post #4,823 of 63,966
Using dat compartment for a while. 

Jun 25, 2015 at 6:08 AM Post #4,824 of 63,966

Nice. This is what ive been using, they are quite handy as i use the larger one to store my cables and chargers and thr smaller one i can use as a travel pack to hold my power bank etc.

Jun 25, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #4,825 of 63,966

smily_headphones1.gif
RIGHT NOW, and this is MY opinion only, (although I reserve the right to change it),  the order is:

1. ANV
2. EDSE
3. ATE
4. ED9

I have  a Pair FX3X Burning in as well as the CM9, more KZs and others on the way. Plus I saved my change and am ready to spring for the Fiio X3ii any day now.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

smily_headphones1.gif
After an Extended listen to Both the EDSE and ED9 last night I feel a revision is in order:

1. ANV
2. OR  3.  EDSE = ED9   (EQ-wise, they are exact polar opposites) I give a slight edge still to the EDSE for not being as fatiguing to listen to for long Periods.
4. ATE

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Jun 25, 2015 at 12:24 PM Post #4,826 of 63,966
^ Thanks - seems like ANV is for me then...

Jun 25, 2015 at 12:40 PM Post #4,828 of 63,966
Please, could someone some give some advice to me? I have already EDSE, I ordered ED9, but I would like to buy ANV too. But I really don't know, what are the differences between the ANV's I found at the same shop. Are there any?
http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32235994308.html
http://m.aliexpress.com/item/2049021967.html
http://m.aliexpress.com/item/2019560660.html
Different prices, so are they different? And which one is the good one with decent bass and sound overall?

(Sorry for my bad english.)

Jun 25, 2015 at 1:39 PM Post #4,829 of 63,966
Looks like even tho i like a bit more bass, im gonna be ordering myself the ANV
smily_headphones1.gif

It has very good quality bass, comes into play when needed with good quantity... but deep sub-bass is littlebit lacking, unfortunately.
And if You read backwards, there might be 2 different versions of ANV. I`m still thinking I got newer one, just nobody tends to mention that sub-bass thingy or I`m just not having good and deep enough fit atm which I`ll know soon after trying some triple/bi-flnges and longer nozzle mod.

Jun 25, 2015 at 1:44 PM Post #4,830 of 63,966
It has very good quality bass, comes into play when needed with good quantity... but deep sub-bass is littlebit lacking, unfortunately.
And if You read backwards, there might be 2 different versions of ANV. I`m still thinking I got newer one, just nobody tends to mention that sub-bass thingy or I`m just not having good and deep enough fit atm which I`ll know soon after trying some triple/bi-flnges and longer nozzle mod.

Have you heard Superlux HD381 series?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back