Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Sep 10, 2019 at 1:00 AM Post #47,476 of 63,917
I just got my BQEYZ KB1 ($20USD) and it sounds like a well tuned KZ! OMG. I've been waiting for KZ to do this for years. It doesn't sound as exciting as the ZSN but it sounds great none-the-less for hours of listening at a time.

If KZ can start using better components they will have a winning brand and it will show as this is the largest earphone thread on Head-Fi.

On a side note - I got my NiceHCK copper 16 core cable as well and on the non-Pro ZS10 the music sounds much worse than the ZSN Copper cable, which doesn't sound bad at all. That ZSN cable is less than 50% of the price of the 16 core and it sounds a 100x better!

In other cable news, it was said on the cable thread that 16 core cables don't sound as good as 4 core and 8 core ones, so this will be the last 16 core cable for me.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2019 at 1:00 AM Post #47,477 of 63,917
Sep 10, 2019 at 1:02 AM Post #47,478 of 63,917
I'm holding out for the 1,024 core cable...
It'll sound amazing!

Sep 10, 2019 at 1:10 AM Post #47,479 of 63,917
As soon as I heard the C10 I believed it was the alternate/better tuned version of the ZS10 PRO. Or at least the ZS10 PRO with a better tuning. I wish I heard the C10 first because I truely believed it was the inferior iem based on reviews.
Yay, for constructive criticism. Sorry, ZS10 Pro owners. :wink:

Sep 10, 2019 at 1:44 AM Post #47,480 of 63,917
Yay, for constructive criticism. Sorry, ZS10 Pro owners. :wink:

Have both, still prefer ZS10pro sound tuning than C10, although C10 is not bad in anyway.
In the end, both are technically KZ. You prefer one or the other, KZ still got your money xD.

Sep 10, 2019 at 2:03 AM Post #47,481 of 63,917
Interesting. But I don’t hear the ZS10 PRO and ZSX having anything similar in the midrange and especially the treble. The midrange/treble region is the reason I dislike the ZS10 PRO after hearing better stuff. ZSX is an improvement across the board in timbre and tonality and actual frequency response.

As soon as I heard the C10 I believed it was the alternate/better tuned version of the ZS10 PRO. Or at least the ZS10 PRO with a better tuning. I wish I heard the C10 first because I truely believed it was the inferior iem based on reviews.

Im glad you hold the C10 in such high regard. The C10 was actually my very first chifi IEM and i love em! The ZS10 Pro was my second purchase. Which I'm also quite happy with. I was also lead to believe that the ZS10 Pro was superior in every way. But honestly im not so sure. There are aspects of both that I really like. I have a difficult time articulating my thoughts on the different things I like about each one. I suppose ill have to better familiarize myself with all the lingo lol. Im such a noob when it comes to all the terms that people use to describe sound. Right now ive been listening to the new Tool album. And ive been listening to each track twice , alternating between each set, so i can really listen for the differences in how they're tuned. The individual experiences Im having are making me wonder whether I should pick up the ZSX or the C12 now.. Im quite torn..

Sep 10, 2019 at 2:08 AM Post #47,482 of 63,917
Im glad you hold the C10 in such high regard. The C10 was actually my very first chifi IEM and i love em! The ZS10 Pro was my second purchase. Which I'm also quite happy with. I was also lead to believe that the ZS10 Pro was superior in every way. But honestly im not so sure. There are aspects of both that I really like. I have a difficult time articulating my thoughts on the different things I like about each one. I suppose ill have to better familiarize myself with all the lingo lol. Im such a noob when it comes to all the terms that people use to describe sound. Right now ive been listening to the new Tool album. And ive been listening to each track twice , alternating between each set, so i can really listen for the differences in how they're tuned. The individual experiences Im having are making me wonder whether I should pick up the ZSX or the C12 now.. Im quite torn..

Buy both, problem solved ;D

Sep 10, 2019 at 2:26 AM Post #47,483 of 63,917
Buy both, problem solved ;D
XD Hahaha, ikr? I honestly wish I could! Id love to compare them myself. But the budget has been super tight lately, so I'm going to have to just choose one for now. Been waiting to see more direct comparisons between the two before I pull the trigger on one. Ive seen some people say they were going to pick up the C12 because they preferred the looks vs the ZSX. But they both look nice to me. I wanna see an actual comparison between how they sound! If anyone's seen a comparison like that, kindly point me in the direction of it please!

Sep 10, 2019 at 2:41 AM Post #47,484 of 63,917
XD Hahaha, ikr? I honestly wish I could! Id love to compare them myself. But the budget has been super tight lately, so I'm going to have to just choose one for now. Been waiting to see more direct comparisons between the two before I pull the trigger on one. Ive seen some people say they were going to pick up the C12 because they preferred the looks vs the ZSX. But they both look nice to me. I wanna see an actual comparison between how they sound! If anyone's seen a comparison like that, kindly point me in the direction of it please!

Still waiting for my C12 to ship. Will do comparison with ZSX for sure.

Sep 10, 2019 at 3:12 AM Post #47,485 of 63,917
Just get the bt20s. Better build quality, better battery life and aptx for $10 different. And bt20s plays louder than bt20.

well as BT20 owner differences will be the full price because i wont use the old one right? I mean how about sound quality only, aside from build quality and battery life? I should ask on the thread but yeah you got both so i just chip in when discussing about zsx

Sep 10, 2019 at 4:07 AM Post #47,486 of 63,917
well as BT20 owner differences will be the full price because i wont use the old one right? I mean how about sound quality only, aside from build quality and battery life? I should ask on the thread but yeah you got both so i just chip in when discussing about zsx

i have both. I'd say if you have the BT20 already, you don't have to upgrade, as the difference soundwise is only that the BT20S have a more powerful amp, so it is louder.. which can be either a good or a bad thing depending the sensitivity of your IEM.

codec difference are minimal, if any at all.

Sep 10, 2019 at 4:18 AM Post #47,487 of 63,917
i have both. I'd say if you have the BT20 already, you don't have to upgrade, as the difference soundwise is only that the BT20S have a more powerful amp, so it is louder.. which can be either a good or a bad thing depending the sensitivity of your IEM.

I heard BT20S is waterproof and has better battery life?

I am pretty happy with my BT20 currently, it pairs with the ZS10 and ZS10 Pro very well with no issues.

Sep 10, 2019 at 5:07 AM Post #47,488 of 63,917

I am pretty happy with my BT20 currently, it pairs with the ZS10 and ZS10 Pro very well with no issues.

better battery life and better connection stability. but even if it's waterproof, won't be the weak spot still be the attached IEM and the connector itself?

yup, the ZS10 Pro is great with the old BT20.. no noticable noise. i have another 2 Pin BT20S inbound, I'll report back whether it would still be a great combo to the ZS10 Pro or not

Sep 10, 2019 at 5:10 AM Post #47,489 of 63,917

thanks for this, alright thats what i need to know, I dont need louder sound from BT20 as i never past around 90% volume. I just upgrade when my old BT20 down someday, or any significant upgrade with new model.

yes, "waterproof" in ip5 rating, or sweat proof actually with old BT20 have complaints about died after gym use. Nooo you still cant hear them while diving in swimming pool / sea :grin:
and yes there is an improvement with battery life also, but i seldom ran out of battery, power bank does its job well

Sep 10, 2019 at 5:36 AM Post #47,490 of 63,917
I'll wait till the 11.11 sales hit on Aliexpress to pick up the ZSX. My ZS10-Pros have barely broken in and another KZ has dropped, it's crazy. Not to mention I just picked up the CCA C12s last night :beyersmile:. I thought I'd be saving money with Chi-fi, but I'm dropping 30 bucks every week here. It's crazy!

But this is more fun, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back