Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Sep 9, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #47,461 of 63,907
you mean the regular ZS10 not the pro? the mid is ok but the high is not good

sorry my bad, miss PRO word behind, should be ZS10 PRO

Sep 9, 2019 at 12:27 PM Post #47,462 of 63,907
our friend @voicemaster have both ZS7 and ZSX and he said ZSX are ZS7 bass with ZS10 PRO's mids and highs with more refined sound and without that artificial steely timbre. He said the best KZ too. cant wait mine to arrive.

edit : adding PRO to ZS10

Interesting. But I don’t hear the ZS10 PRO and ZSX having anything similar in the midrange and especially the treble. The midrange/treble region is the reason I dislike the ZS10 PRO after hearing better stuff. ZSX is an improvement across the board in timbre and tonality and actual frequency response.

As soon as I heard the C10 I believed it was the alternate/better tuned version of the ZS10 PRO. Or at least the ZS10 PRO with a better tuning. I wish I heard the C10 first because I truely believed it was the inferior iem based on reviews.

Sep 9, 2019 at 1:17 PM Post #47,463 of 63,907
Interesting. But I don’t hear the ZS10 PRO and ZSX having anything similar in the midrange and especially the treble. The midrange/treble region is the reason I dislike the ZS10 PRO after hearing better stuff. ZSX is an improvement across the board in timbre and tonality and actual frequency response.

As soon as I heard the C10 I believed it was the alternate/better tuned version of the ZS10 PRO. Or at least the ZS10 PRO with a better tuning. I wish I heard the C10 first because I truely believed it was the inferior iem based on reviews.

Yeah im hoping for better trebles too on zsx, zs10 pro is a little bit too bright (and steely). C10 is more balance, with rolled off trebles, i got c10 first when they are came out that time, and zs10 pro after jist like their release date.
Zs10 pro indeed semi v shaped compared to c10 but c10 sounds more boring, safe but nothing special even in technicalities with more mid bass bleed. Sub bass and bass in zs10 pro clearly better for me, with better separation, better soundstage. But yeah trebles a bit bright and timbre really put me off with that steely sound. Hopefully zsx doesn't disappoint me.

Sep 9, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #47,464 of 63,907
I have the Zs10 Pro and as amazing as it was, I gave it to my brother's girlfriend as a gift.

I'm now thinking of getting the ZSX.

I need help with one thing though! Do you guys know of any decent QDC 3button cable (preferably not over $30) with in-line volume controls and a mic?
That cable bundled with the ZSX would make some sweet commuting IEMs... THANKS!
I would check out the KZ Bluetooth 5.0 cable as I have not seen been a wired mic cable so far for the QDC connector: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33016635535.html

I am currently using the KZ Bluetooth 4.0 cable and it has a hiss when there is no music playing (not noticiable when music is playing) but I heard the hiss was not as apparent on the new one.

Sep 9, 2019 at 2:38 PM Post #47,465 of 63,907
I would check out the KZ Bluetooth 5.0 cable as I have not seen been a wired mic cable so far for the QDC connector: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33016635535.html

I am currently using the KZ Bluetooth 4.0 cable and it has a hiss when there is no music playing (not noticiable when music is playing) but I heard the hiss was not as apparent on the new one.

Or better yet the trn bt20s.

Sep 9, 2019 at 5:52 PM Post #47,466 of 63,907
Wow guys, i just got the ZSX and it sounds amazing. I would not hesitate to choose it over the ZS10 Pro. It sounds like a straight up upgrade over the ZS10 pro.

Deeper sub bass extension, further extended highs, more natural timbre/less steely and artificial. Less fatigue, more refined and full sounding bass. Definitely not less bass, but it sounds less lost and blurred in the mix than the zs10 pro. Imaging is improved with the extended highs, and the lack of fatigue makes it easier to really listed to those microdetails, improving the sense of soundstage, even though technically the soundstage is about the same as the zs10 pro.

The T2 is definitely more recessed and laid back, but these have a combination of being smooth and engaging. T2 definitely does it's own thing and i still like them, but overall I think the ZSX is the best of the 3 for sure.

Sep 9, 2019 at 6:27 PM Post #47,467 of 63,907
How big is the ZSX compared to the ZS10 Pro? I have zero motivation to replace the ZS10 Pro unless there is something that sounds just as good that is smaller & lighter for a little better fit.
From what little I've read the ZSX is bigger, and if that's the case I would recommend the ZS10 Pro as both fit & sound are important, and it definitely sounds great.

Sep 9, 2019 at 6:38 PM Post #47,468 of 63,907
How big is the ZSX compared to the ZS10 Pro? I have zero motivation to replace the ZS10 Pro unless there is something that sounds just as good that is smaller & lighter for a little better fit.
From what little I've read the ZSX is bigger, and if that's the case I would recommend the ZS10 Pro as both fit & sound are important, and it definitely sounds great.
This video shows them side by side so you might have a good idea in how much bigger it is:

Taking a look at initial reviews, the comfort due to the larger size doesn't seem to be an issue but YMMV.

Sep 9, 2019 at 6:45 PM Post #47,469 of 63,907

I don't notice the size differencene at all. For all intents and purposes they feel the same to me

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2019 at 9:26 PM Post #47,470 of 63,907

They both fit great for me, but zsx with its extra fin helps to make it stay still eventho the zsx is noticeably fatter than zs10pro. It will stick out more from your ears, but the size in your ear is just a tad bigger.

Sep 9, 2019 at 10:03 PM Post #47,472 of 63,907
Or better yet the trn bt20s.

Oh yeah a bit oot, is bt20s sounds better than older bt20? I mean with same aac codec connected. Still hesitate to upgrade if there is not so much improvement over the old one.
And how about aptx in bt20s compared to aac in bt20? Skip sbs codec cause i always connected to aac.

And how about pairing zsx with bt20/20s?

You just drag me in to kz rabbit hole one more time so please be wise with your words. My wallet hates you.

Thanks

Sep 9, 2019 at 11:34 PM Post #47,473 of 63,907
Oh yeah a bit oot, is bt20s sounds better than older bt20? I mean with same aac codec connected. Still hesitate to upgrade if there is not so much improvement over the old one.
And how about aptx in bt20s compared to aac in bt20? Skip sbs codec cause i always connected to aac.

And how about pairing zsx with bt20/20s?

You just drag me in to kz rabbit hole one more time so please be wise with your words. My wallet hates you.

Thanks

Just get the bt20s. Better build quality, better battery life and aptx for $10 different. And bt20s plays louder than bt20.

Sep 9, 2019 at 11:35 PM Post #47,474 of 63,907
Last edited:
Sep 10, 2019 at 12:46 AM Post #47,475 of 63,907
Does anyone know the sizing of the KZ ZSX tips? I am looking for some foam tips for them and I saw from EarPoster's review that the nozzle size is 6mm compared to the usual 5.5mm on the ZS10 Pro but the KZ OEM ones are "4.2mm" inner diameter: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32951097956.html

I also saw some T400 tips from NiceHCK but they are ~5mm inner diameter:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32838197675.html

I use this
12Pcs Replacement Eartips- RIYO Premium Memory Foam Earphone Earbuds Tips Noise Reducing Earbud Tips for 5mm-7mm in-Ear Headphones Nozzle (Medium, Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0722LZ66S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_gQYDDbCPJD9S1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back