Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Sep 6, 2019 at 11:57 PM Post #47,401 of 63,836
Just got my ZSX and my initial impression is WOW this sounds good. If you have ZSN pro or ZS10pro, the ZSX won't sound weird or out of ordinary with KZ's sound, but what separate the ZSX with ZSN pro and ZS10pro is the treble. I don't hear any sibilance with ZSX, but I can hear more "splash" from cymbals which makes it sound more natural like it has a nice decay. If for example on ZS10 pro the decay is like SSss, the ZSX will be more like SSsssss.
And also I hear less metallic in the treble from ZSX, but I am wondering if it is because of the bump on 8k with the ZS10pro. Soundstage is the same as ZS10pro, but those bump in the 10k really does wonder to make the "nuance" bigger without actually having a bigger soundstage. This is just my initial 20 minutes listening impression and of course with any IEMs using DD, I will wait for more listening to give a better impression. But out of the box, there is nothing weird sounding from the ZSX at all.

Sep 6, 2019 at 11:59 PM Post #47,402 of 63,836
Just got my ZSX and my initial impression is WOW this sounds good. If you have ZSN pro or ZS10pro, the ZSX won't sound weird or out of ordinary with KZ's sound, but what separate the ZSX with ZSN pro and ZS10pro is the treble. I don't hear any sibilance with ZSX, but I can hear more "splash" from cymbals which makes it sound more natural like it has a nice decay. If for example on ZS10 pro the decay is like SSss, the ZSX will be more like SSsssss.
And also I hear less metallic in the treble from ZSX, but I am wondering if it is because of the bump on 8k with the ZS10pro. Soundstage is the same as ZS10pro, but those bump in the 10k really does wonder to make the "nuance" bigger without actually having a bigger soundstage. This is just my initial 20 minutes listening impression and of course with any IEMs using DD, I will wait for more listening to give a better impression. But out of the box, there is nothing weird sounding from the ZSX at all.

Oh and KZ send me an upgraded silver plated cable (I didn't order any), so I am using that cable when listening to my ZSX while the ZS10 pro is using KZ copper cable that came with purple ZSN.

Sep 7, 2019 at 7:18 AM Post #47,403 of 63,836
Oh and KZ send me an upgraded silver plated cable (I didn't order any), so I am using that cable when listening to my ZSX while the ZS10 pro is using KZ copper cable that came with purple ZSN.

That explained the more extension of the trebles like sssss.. Like usually silver plated cable made overall sounds tighter and brighter.

About 8khz boost there is no connection between it with steely/metallic sounding since alot of higher tier iems also boost that 8khz to perceive sparkles without sounded steely or metallic. It mostly caused by their BAs characteristic.

So, how is your perception about "less metallic". Is it better than previous KZ but still unnatural or they already nail the timbre thatnis considered good/natural?

Sep 7, 2019 at 9:34 AM Post #47,404 of 63,836
Is there anyone here that has ordered the cca c12? I really can't stand the look of the zsxs faceplate lol ( I think I will skip both anyway since I have so many others that are so much better )

Sep 7, 2019 at 9:46 AM Post #47,405 of 63,836
Is there anyone here that has ordered the cca c12? I really can't stand the look of the zsxs faceplate lol ( I think I will skip both anyway since I have so many others that are so much better )

I ordered the C12 in gold last night. People are talking about it in other threads. Certain comments have led me to believe that I will like it.

edit: some discussion begins here
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chinese-asian-brand-iem-info-thread.820747/page-1739#post-15170588

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2019 at 11:03 AM Post #47,406 of 63,836
That explained the more extension of the trebles like sssss.. Like usually silver plated cable made overall sounds tighter and brighter.

About 8khz boost there is no connection between it with steely/metallic sounding since alot of higher tier iems also boost that 8khz to perceive sparkles without sounded steely or metallic. It mostly caused by their BAs characteristic.

So, how is your perception about "less metallic". Is it better than previous KZ but still unnatural or they already nail the timbre thatnis considered good/natural?

It definitely sounds smoother than the zs10pro. Sometimes you can hear the graininess in vocal when listening to zs10pro, but not in zsx. Also, the bass is more detailed, when listening to a drum kick, I can hear when the beater hits the drum better than on zs10pro. And lastly, the timbre is good, but not fx1100 good lol. At least it doesn't sound steely if you want to called it.

Sep 7, 2019 at 11:51 AM Post #47,407 of 63,836
Could anyone please compare the AS10 to ZSX? and also TIN AUDIO T2 . Thanks

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2019 at 12:11 PM Post #47,408 of 63,836
It definitely sounds smoother than the zs10pro. Sometimes you can hear the graininess in vocal when listening to zs10pro, but not in zsx. Also, the bass is more detailed, when listening to a drum kick, I can hear when the beater hits the drum better than on zs10pro. And lastly, the timbre is good, but not fx1100 good lol. At least it doesn't sound steely if you want to called it.

Thanks for that, doesnt sounds steely is already good, i dont expect perfect timbre from a budget iem after all. Must be a very good budget then. Should i buy?

Sep 7, 2019 at 12:32 PM Post #47,409 of 63,836
Thanks for that, doesnt sounds steely is already good, i dont expect perfect timbre from a budget iem after all. Must be a very good budget then. Should i buy?

Definitely

Sep 7, 2019 at 12:39 PM Post #47,410 of 63,836

I ordered C12 since I much prefer its simple design (ZSX is not totally of for me, there are much worse KZ designs :) )

Sep 7, 2019 at 3:39 PM Post #47,412 of 63,836

They usually send the upgrade cable for the first 3 days of the product release. I also got it :)

Sep 7, 2019 at 4:32 PM Post #47,413 of 63,836
Sep 7, 2019 at 4:48 PM Post #47,414 of 63,836
I pulled out my red ZS6 today and found i really enjoyed listening to them, it's been a while with all the new offerings but they still sound great

Users who are viewing this thread

Back