Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Aug 26, 2019 at 2:32 PM Post #47,071 of 63,980
Aug 26, 2019 at 2:50 PM Post #47,073 of 63,980
It’s $11 !!! that’s like two lattes, with double skim and a twirl. just buy them already and decide for yourself.
But then there's the upgrade cable, case and different tips. So 6 or 7 lattes in the end :)

Aug 26, 2019 at 4:11 PM Post #47,075 of 63,980
WOW, I love the look of those, are they also bass monsters such as the ZS7?
I was between the trii i4 and the nicehck nx7 as my next acquisition but Im loving those.
The TRI i4 with tape mod has excellent bass, similar to the ZS7.

Aug 26, 2019 at 5:35 PM Post #47,076 of 63,980
Hi guys,

I'm a new KZ user. I have the KZ ZS7, and the KZ ZS10 Pro is on the way.

I have ordered a new cable for the ZS10 Pro, this one here, because it seems like it might be an improvement over the stock cable (and it is cheap).

Is this a good choice? I see that there are a million other choices for the ZS10 Pro, including the TRN 16 Core Cable, and the KZ 8 Core Silver Cable. I have almost no experience with replacement cables. Would any of these be a good choice? I just want to bring out more detail, and maybe tame any shrillness.

My bigger problem is finding replacement tips. If SpinFits are good, how do I know which one is best? There are many choices on Ali, but I am not sure about size.

--

Also, I am having issues with my ZS7. I think I put the prongs in reverse fashion, and they might have been out of phase. So I switched them up (always being very careful to align L/R facings), and it's a little better. But man, that memory cable is annoying. So I've ordered this cable to replace it. Will it be an improvement? Also, the fit is less than perfect, and I don't want to use up a Comply (medium) tip on them. Are there any decent foam tips from AliExpress that will work? I need to tame its piercing treble.

Aug 26, 2019 at 5:51 PM Post #47,077 of 63,980
Okay, looking through the thread, I guess this cable is good for the ZS10 Pro. I could pick it up, in addition to what I have.

And sorry, that should read 'piercing highs' of the ZS7, not necessarily 'piercing treble.' It's tips that are the toughest for me to find. I need to tame those suckers.

EDIT: Crap, this and this might be the same cable.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2019 at 5:57 PM Post #47,078 of 63,980
Okay, looking through the thread, I guess this cable is good for the ZS10 Pro. I could pick it up, in addition to what I have.

And sorry, that should read 'piercing highs' of the ZS7, not necessarily 'piercing treble.' It's tips that are the toughest for me to find. I need to tame those suckers.

Those are the same cable. That KZ cable is fine for the ZS10 Pro. You just need to select C pin for ZS10 Pro

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2019 at 6:09 PM Post #47,081 of 63,980

You've pretty much memorialized what goes through my head, every time that I start reading the threads. On what's next :L3000:

Aug 26, 2019 at 6:10 PM Post #47,082 of 63,980
The stock starline tips work well for me
For which pair though? I think I have small ears or something because using the starlines on the ZS10 Pro are comfortable but they work themselves loose after a while unless I'm very still.
Same with the ED16's.

I put Mee Audio double-flanges on the ED16's & I really like those now.
Haven't found the magic pair for the ZS10 Pro's yet...........the Mee double-flanges still slipped loose after a while because they are much heavier than the ED16's.

Aug 26, 2019 at 6:16 PM Post #47,083 of 63,980
For which pair though? I think I have small ears or something because using the starlines on the ZS10 Pro are comfortable but they work themselves loose after a while unless I'm very still.
Same with the ED16's.

Haven't found the magic pair for the ZS10 Pro's yet...........the Mee double-flanges still slipped loose after a while because they are much heavier than the ED16's.
If you aren't adverse to foam, checkout New Bee or RIYO, on Amazon

Aug 26, 2019 at 6:22 PM Post #47,084 of 63,980
Same with the ED16's.

Check out this thread

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/flip-tips-prepare-to-have-your-mind-blown.906357/

Aug 26, 2019 at 7:14 PM Post #47,085 of 63,980
Oh, ZSX's shell will be different compared to ZS10 Pro. It looks similar to ZSR instead:

1.jpg 2.png EC4Tr5OVUAEEZn8.jpg

Source: https://twitter.com/hckexin/status/1165889679595491329

Users who are viewing this thread

Back