1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. Slater
    Pro tip: For a sound between the 2 filters, take the foam out of the shiny gold nozzles using tweezers or even a toothpick, and install them into the full brass nozzles.

2. Slater
    No, honestly I’ve been so happy with the ZS7 and ZS10 Pro, that I really haven’t longed for any new KZs. I can’t really imagine that adding 1 more BA driver to the ZSX will make them magically blow away the ZS7 or ZS10 Pro (regardless of what the new model name would imply). I assumed it was just going to be another side grade. But I could be wrong; I’ll wait and see once some trusted impressions roll in.

As far as the TRN, the V90 on midnight blue looks sexy as heck. It’s tempted me, but TRNs IEMs are always very iffy. So just like the ZSX, I’ve resisted ordering a V90 until some trusted impressions roll in as well.

P.S. - Glad to hear you’re getting better. We’ve missed you around here. I’m recovering from an injury myself, and spent the last few weeks bed ridden and in pain myself. It sucks when your body doesn’t cooperate lol

eclein, 1clearhead, rayliam80 and 4 others like this.
  3. Slater
    Yup, the goofy red stock tips suck.

I use Starlines or Auvios on mine.

And I’m one of those folks that wear them up and sides reversed (although since they’re mmcx, you can swap the cable so the actual stereo channels are correct).

baskingshark likes this.
  4. LaughMoreDaily
    Any brand that sells an iem with those weird red eartips and the cheap uninspiring DT6 packaging doesnt really care about how people think of their brand.

It's not 1990 anymore. The design of the packaging for the Senfer DT6 is unacceptable. Havent they heard of hiring someone on Fiverr?

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
    baskingshark likes this.
  5. Slater
    Well, generally speaking, I’d rather buy a good sounding earphone in a crap generic box, than a crap sounding earphone in a beautiful wooden box with gilded inlay. I can’t listen to the packaging.

scottySK, PhonoPhi, Nimweth and 8 others like this.
  6. LaughMoreDaily
    Ditto. I can't listen to the Senfer DT6 because it doesn't work well with any eartips or methods in my ears. I probably should have known that if I saw the packaging first.

PS: I have a Senfer DT6 for sale.

7. Veyska
    I also wear my 3-in-1 driver sampler pack IEMs cable-up. No problems with falling out or weight once you find the right tip, though I will comment that since they're *intended* for cable-down cables with pre-formed ear guides can be a bit awkward - the part that's supposed to loop up in front of the topmost part of where your ear meets your head instead loops up a tad behind it before hooking over to behind the ear, thanks to the angle of the cable port. Not impossible to work with, but cables without any guides work better IMO.

baskingshark likes this.
  8. courierdriver
    Thanks for the great info. I will order some donut foams on Aliexpress or maybe Amazon, if I can find a good deal on them there. I did try to wear them with the cable over ear (fortunately, my new balanced mmcx cable that I purchased specifically for this earbud, does not have a preformed memory guide) and it seemed a bit better, but the earbuds still seem to work themselves loose and out. Only way I can get the RY4S to sound great, is by keeping finger pressure on them, and pressing them firmly into my ears.

9. courierdriver
    I might just give fins a try, but they look complicated to seat. Heck, I'm just now beginning to get proficient at inserting my iems into my ears. LOL! The action of looping a cable over my ears and inserting at the same time, was complicated to me at first. Back in February of this year, when I first got my KPE, I screwed it up everytime; and my ISN C16 cable doesn't even have preformed ear hooks. I've got 4 iems now, with ear hook memory forms on the cables, and I am getting much better at it.

10. LaughMoreDaily
    Whoever said they use the Purple ZSN copper cable on their CCA C10, thanks for the "recommendation". It sounds pretty awesome!!! and better than the original.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
  11. rayliam80
    Medium Auvio tips.

12. vegetaleb
    Do you mean the Ed16 too as ed16 = zs7?

13. Slater
    Sorry for the confusion; I’m referring to this ZS7:

004A9FD0-1913-410D-B947-2920EDC6E483.jpeg

eclein likes this.
  14. gorman
    I asked before but since you're discussing eartips I'll ask once more. What's the correct size for KZ AS10? Are there eartips that are unanimously considered better for sound/fit?
    Thanks in advance.

LaughMoreDaily likes this.
  15. igorneumann
    Guess spinfit isnt an option, then... not sure how earhooks would work or not, but they are cheap enough to try.