Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
May 26, 2019 at 10:56 AM Post #44,521 of 63,916
What about an 3.5mm aux extension?

They come in all sorts of lengths, and are inexpensive.

Some good budget ones are Vention, mediabridge, and ugreen.

Just search Aliexpress, Amazon, etc for “3.5mm aux extension” and you’ll see them all.

I have a few in different lengths for different needs.

May 26, 2019 at 11:07 AM Post #44,522 of 63,916
I'm sorry but you're wrong, its a significant upgrade i can confirm since I have many budget sub $50 iems and Kanas Pro.

Well, would you say then that 'audiofool' (@Wiljen) is 'wrong' too, when he gives the sub-$50 BQEYZ K2 and KC2 a pretty similar rating in his reviews?

Kanas Pro: Bass 8, Mids 7.5, Treble 7, Soundstage 8, Imaging 7
K2/KC2: Bass 7, Mids 8, Treble 8, Soundstage 7, Imaging 7

... or that @B9Scrambler aka 'The Contraptionist' is wrong when he says something like this in his review on the BQEYZ KC2:
"When I first put the KC2 in my ears and fired up a track, I was smacked across the face by a tidal wave of familiarity. “This thing sounds exactly like the ZS6,” I thought. Now that I’ve a/b’ed the two, I’ve reduced that to sounding almost identical, save for a few tweaks here and there deeper, more textured, and more impactful bass..." ...

Just two examples out of a good number of comparisons I ran across and I have no reason to believe that anyone is 'wrong' here. At the end of the day everything, including all the technical differences and those in price boil down to individual, subjective impressions ... no more, no less.
Anyway, I guess I got your point DE. I might have a chance to audition the MKP and some more hi-end TOTL IEMs next month ... I'll report back.

Last edited:
May 26, 2019 at 11:27 AM Post #44,523 of 63,916
Well, would you say then that 'audiofool' (@Wiljen) is 'wrong' too, when he gives the sub-$50 BQEYZ K2 and KC2 a pretty similar rating in his reviews?

... or that @B9Scrambler aka 'The Contraptionist' is wrong when he says something like this in his review on the BQEYZ KC2:
"When I first put the KC2 in my ears and fired up a track, I was smacked across the face by a tidal wave of familiarity. “This thing sounds exactly like the ZS6,” I thought. Now that I’ve a/b’ed the two, I’ve reduced that to sounding almost identical, save for a few tweaks here and there deeper, more textured, and more impactful bass..." ...

Just two examples out of a good number of comparisons I ran across and I have no reason to believe that anyone is 'wrong' here. At the end of the day everything, including all the technical differences and those in price boil down to individual, subjective impressions ... no more, no less.
Anyway, I guess I got your point DE. I might have a chance to audition the MKP and some more hi-end TOTL IEMs next month ... I'll report back.

I'm always wrong. Don't waste your time reading my reviews. :) Have a happy Sunday all!

May 26, 2019 at 11:34 AM Post #44,524 of 63,916

It's clearly like zs6 without hot treble

May 26, 2019 at 11:35 AM Post #44,525 of 63,916

I'm sorry for my words, I shouldn't use definite words which are ended up like absolute judgement. You're right everything in audio world is subjective and everyone hear things differently.
For that, I sincerely apologize. What i was trying to say is Kanas Pro for me is technically superior above all my sub $50 chifis, I've never heard such clarity under $100 iem. Even surpassing my EX1000 in terms of clarity. You have to try it if you got a chance. Don't get me wrong, i just want to share how good they are, so you can hear something more rather than $50 chifi, don't limit your audio experience.
Cheers buddy!

Last edited:
May 26, 2019 at 11:40 AM Post #44,526 of 63,916
I'm sorry for my words, I shouldn't use definite words which are ended up like absolute judgement. You're right everything in audio world is subjective and everyone hear things differently.
For that, I sincerely apologize. What i was trying to say is Kanas Pro for me is technically superior above all my sub $50 chifis, I've never heard such clarity under $100 iem. Even surpassing my EX1000 in terms of clarity. You have to try it if you got a chance. Don't get me wrong, i just want to share how good they are, so you can hear something more rather than $50 chifi.
Cheers buddy!

I got your point, DE and as a hopeless sucker for clarity and transparency I can't wait to audition the MKP.
Have a great one!

May 26, 2019 at 3:08 PM Post #44,527 of 63,916
My subjective thoughts on the AS16. Looks great and is very well built, but too bright and too expensive for what you get. Skip it and stick with the C16. Better bang for your buck with a more balanced but less technically capable tune.

Head-fi / The Contraptionist

P1020611.JPG P1020612.JPG P1020623.JPG

May 26, 2019 at 6:43 PM Post #44,530 of 63,916
Is it safe to assume from looking at product diagrams that if no pcb crossover board is present, then such KZ/CCA product doesn’t have crossover?

I am looking at the ZSN Pro diagram and KZ states “electronic frequency division” and points to the back of the DD

33D9038C-93DF-402C-87EE-DA0DC924956E.png

May 26, 2019 at 7:03 PM Post #44,531 of 63,916
I got your point, DE and as a hopeless sucker for clarity and transparency I can't wait to audition the MKP.
Have a great one!

I can also vouch for the KPE. You do get what you pay for and more with this one. Still could not find a better alternative under $200, or even $300. Well, maybe the KXXS which I think I will find out soon

May 26, 2019 at 7:44 PM Post #44,532 of 63,916
Is it safe to assume from looking at product diagrams that if no pcb crossover board is present, then such KZ/CCA product doesn’t have crossover?

I am looking at the ZSN Pro diagram and KZ states “electronic frequency division” and points to the back of the DD

The crossover board on many KZs is a circular doughnut-shaped board on the back of the primary DD. They’ve been doing it like that for a while now.

ZSN, ZSN Pro, ZS5, ZS6, and many others are set up like that.

May 26, 2019 at 9:45 PM Post #44,534 of 63,916
So, I got the ZS10 Pro and I'd like to use it with a black cable, is there any option with that "Para C" connector? I think there's one which has been discussed previously but it's for QDC so the pins are wired different, right?

Last edited:
May 26, 2019 at 9:56 PM Post #44,535 of 63,916
So, I got the ZS10 Pro and I'd like to use it with a black cable, is there any option with that "Para C" connector? I think there's one which has been discussed previously but it's for QDC so the pins are wired different, right?

search for Jcally cable for ZSN, they have it, black with para C connector and good cable (8 core)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back