1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. HungryPanda
    I'm waiting on the Jcally cable it should come Tuesday

2. legacy404
    Earlier, i switched out the large stock starline tips for comply's on my ZS7 as i felt that something was lacking. Even with medium comply isolation tips, i couldn't quite get the perfect fit, as they tend to slide, or pop out after awhile, and would need to keep pushing them back in for extended sesssions.

I just picked up Spinfit CP145-M and I have to say, these are probably the best so far. Getting way better isolation with no discomfort, and all parts of the frequency band feel equally represented.

On another note, I noticed that the exit diameter on the stock large starline tips are narrower than the actual IEM nozzle, which may be why it sounds kind of bassier. The exit diameter of the medium starline tips are wider and seem to sound brighter to me.

3. hakuzen
    jcally cable for ZSN is wired for QDC (inverse of KZ polarity). not a sound issue, because both sides are inverted: not out of phase. so any other QDC terminated cable will serve as well as jcally cable

4. LaughMoreDaily
    Why would he want a 3.5mm aux for a pair of earphones? Lol. Oh btw, I was the idiot who bought 50 random 3.5mm aux cables on Ali and the Ugreen HIFI cable was basically the "only" good one.

5. LaughMoreDaily
    I'm wondering if people can compare those to the TRN, NiceHCK, KZ upgrade cables? I'm worried the Jcally sounds as bad as a TRN.

6. LaughMoreDaily
    So skip buying the C16, AS16, etc and go straight for the KPE?

7. LaughMoreDaily
    I guess you havent heard the Moondrop Crescent? :wink: I heard it sounds 70% like the KP. I get my Crescent in two weeks... or KP Mini?

8. requal
    In my opinion it isn't even 50%. I had Moondrop Crescent and Moondrop Kanas in same time, and I was disappointed. But.. it's only another opinion..

LaughMoreDaily likes this.
  9. RikudouGoku
    This fix is permanent? Does it only increase bass with no other changes?

10. DynamicEars
    its all subjective. I got Moondrop crescent too last time, but i give it to my cousin, tuning is similar, crescent got more quantity in mid bass, but clarity and soundstage are really different. Moondrop crescent is like a better, cleaner sony MH755, similar tuning. But they sounds intimate. For me I won't say 70%, maybe 50% yeah,or less. Don't regret, they are really good for the price if you're into harman target sound signature but I want the 100% or more :L3000:

LaughMoreDaily, hakuzen and requal like this.
  11. requal
    I agree in 100 procent :)

12. mbwilson111
    Maybe someone wants to plug into a desktop system and the iem cable does not quite reach? Or, as @Aparker2005 said : "I need if possible, a longer, high quality cable for my AS16 and AS10. I use these primarily for in ears for my drums, so a longer cable than the stock kz would be great. Thanks!"

There can be many reasons.

... or the Kinera IDUN, the Hifi Boy Os V3 (I have both) .... or, perhaps the Tanchjim Oxygen (on my possible wish list... for the future)

13. Slater
    Are you compressing/rolling/squishing the foam tips before putting them in your ears (and holding them in place until they fully expand)? I’ve never had a Comply/foam tip slide out.

14. Caipirina
    added pro-tip: pull down your ear lobe (straightens the ear canal) and push that thing diagonally up! :wink:

Having had to sleep with earplugs for many years taught me a LOT :D

HungryPanda and Slater like this.
  15. Slater
    Good point.

Yes, pull down on your ear lobe while inserting. And also open your mouth while inserting, which temporary enlarges your ear canal.

Bonus fact: the open mouth trick (and earlobe trick) helps on IEMs with driver flex too.

DAVID_54 and HungryPanda like this.