Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
May 25, 2019 at 10:44 AM Post #44,493 of 63,917
Possibly. There is no way to tell. I bought mine from the official KZ store and now they have removed the old listing and replaced it with an identical one. Likely because most reviews mentioned the fault with the first revision. To be sure I would recommend getting it from KZ directly since other resellers might still be selling the broken one. Here is the LINK.
What problems are there on the nonfixed version? Because I am buying a lot of things from that seller so I wish to add the Bluetooth adapter so that I don't have to pay the cost that comes with more packages and just add them all to one single package

May 25, 2019 at 11:29 AM Post #44,495 of 63,917
Possibly. There is no way to tell. I bought mine from the official KZ store and now they have removed the old listing and replaced it with an identical one. Likely because most reviews mentioned the fault with the first revision. To be sure I would recommend getting it from KZ directly since other resellers might still be selling the broken one. Here is the LINK.

How does fixed version sound? Does it still suffer from connectivity issues?

May 25, 2019 at 11:41 AM Post #44,496 of 63,917
I may be interested in trading IT03 for Kanas Pro....if anyone's interested in that, ping me.
What problems are there on the nonfixed version? Because I am buying a lot of things from that seller so I wish to add the Bluetooth adapter so that I don't have to pay the cost that comes with more packages and just add them all to one single package
It sounds like it's using an incorrect bluetooth profile meant for calling & conversations, maybe 6-8Khz low pass. It basically sounds like AM Radio from a car, but a little better. It says "power off" when you power it on. Just hearing the lows though, it sounds really good and does aptX HD as advertised.

There were zero range/skipping issues, I could walk around my apartment and even to my mailboxes in the hallway without it dropping. On my last aptX cable I couldn't even walk into the kitchen with my phone on the dining room table without it skipping. I'd say the hardware side is fixed.

May 25, 2019 at 12:55 PM Post #44,498 of 63,917
May 25, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #44,499 of 63,917
May 25, 2019 at 1:20 PM Post #44,501 of 63,917
Someone knows if Kz shows some notice about the bluetooth cable problem?
They messaged me after I ordered and told me it was broken and they would send a new one. I believe if you order it from their store, you will get a fixed one.

May 25, 2019 at 1:21 PM Post #44,502 of 63,917
It depends on what genres you listen to (classical, dubstep, jazz, etc), what source you’re gonna be using (cell phone, etc), and what kinda sound you’re looking for (deep v shaped, shallow v, mid focused, treble head, bass head, etc).

Also, without knowing your answer to the above questions, but based on the other IEMs in your list, I’d definitely consider the $7 Sony MH755 (assuming you can get a genuine one and do something about the short cable like plug in an extension or recable it).

I am thinking having a “back up” set to the ZS7 that I don’t mind losing or getting damaged, so maybe the current ZS5 since it’s a 4 driver set as the better value than CA4 and ZSN Pro?

May 25, 2019 at 1:51 PM Post #44,503 of 63,917
Yes, it seems that putting "Pro" after a model name/number is like a product label saying "New and Improved":rolling_eyes: I'm thinking about doing that with each new batch of beer I brew:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Maybe "Pro" just means "out of beta testing and final tuning applied" :)

Last edited:
May 25, 2019 at 2:04 PM Post #44,504 of 63,917
I think I'll settle with the ZS10 Pro. It's more musical than the AS16. The AS16 sounds just too boring/flat to me. ZS10 Pro has more bass and brighter treble.
Those vents are ‘rear’ vents, which actually increases low end. So you want them.

The vent that would increase sub bass when covered would be the ‘front’ vent, which on the ZS10 Pro is by the nozzle and has a little white filter (with a black ring of adhesive around the outside). It looks like a little white bullseye. If you partially or fully cover that vent, it will increase sub bass.

However, it may simultaneously cause some driver flex, as positive air pressure that builds up upon insertion into the ear canal won’t have anywhere to vent.

So you may have to experiment with it, leaving some of it uncovered. Or you can totally cover it with tape, but then poke a small hole in the tape with a sewing needle.

Thanks for this "trick". Yup, sounds like the KZ ZS7 bass now. Sweet! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back