Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
May 4, 2019 at 10:37 PM Post #43,741 of 63,950
Hey @Slater
Do you have C10 with you to compare with ZS10 pro since they are sharing same driver configuration. I like balance siganature and not to v shaped, but I ditched my C10 because i simply don't like them because of the mid bass bleed. are the ZS10 pro has better bass (mid bass bleed, sub bass that goes deep and well textured) and how about soundstage?

And the ZSN pro FR is really close to ZS10 PRO, are they sound very different in reality? oh and how are they compared to your BQEYZ?

I know i don't need to buy ZS10 pro, but yeah, this is head-fi :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: place of temptation.

Thanks in advance

May 4, 2019 at 10:51 PM Post #43,742 of 63,950
Hey @Slater
Do you have C10 with you to compare with ZS10 pro since they are sharing same driver configuration. I like balance siganature and not to v shaped, but I ditched my C10 because i simply don't like them because of the mid bass bleed. are the ZS10 pro has better bass (mid bass bleed, sub bass that goes deep and well textured) and how about soundstage?

And the ZSN pro FR is really close to ZS10 PRO, are they sound very different in reality? oh and how are they compared to your BQEYZ?

I know i don't need to buy ZS10 pro, but yeah, this is head-fi :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: place of temptation.

Thanks in advance

I don’t have anything with me at the moment, as I’m out with friends tonight. But I will sit down with them all tomorrow and let you know, because I know others are interested as well.

May 5, 2019 at 12:19 AM Post #43,743 of 63,950
Hey @Slater

I’m no Slater, but just a guy with no charts, playing music from a phone, and both those IEMs.

After only a few days...

C10: strong mids and mild bass, hardly V-shaped. Good isolation, sideways if not a mild step up from AS10, which has better bass.

ZS10 Pro: misleading name, as the ZS10 had shells the size of beach balls, and if you could use enough epoxy to get a seal you heard boring unremarkable signature. The Pro is smaller housing with a lively signature, punchy bass, and to my ears textured. Can’t comment on soundstage yet, but they’re definitely tuned differently than the C10s, like a more tamed and refined ZSN.

But again, I’m just a guy who likes music but can’t hear the tambourine on Money for Nothing, so take it with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
May 5, 2019 at 12:33 AM Post #43,744 of 63,950
I’m no Slater, but just a guy with poor hearing and both those IEMs.

After only a few days...

C10: strong mids and mild bass, hardly V-shaped. Good isolation, sideways if not a mild step up from AS10, which has better bass.

ZS10 Pro: misleading name, as the ZS10 had shells the size of beach balls, and if you could use enough epoxy to get a seal you heard boring unremarkable signature. The Pro is smaller housing with a lively signature, punchy bass, and to my ears textured. Can’t comment on soundstage yet, but they’re definitely tuned differently than the C10s, a more tamed and refined ZSN.

But again, I’m just a guy who likes music but can’t hear the tambourine on Money for Nothing, so take it with a grain of salt.
Stupid human body parts, utterly unreliable. Where are my aftermarket android-ears already? I want to go cyborg stat!

May 5, 2019 at 1:15 AM Post #43,745 of 63,950
I’m no Slater, but just a guy with no charts, playing music from a phone, and both those IEMs.

After only a few days...

ZS10 Pro: misleading name, as the ZS10 had shells the size of beach balls, and if you could use enough epoxy to get a seal you heard boring unremarkable signature. The Pro is smaller housing with a lively signature, punchy bass, and to my ears textured. Can’t comment on soundstage yet, but they’re definitely tuned differently than the C10s, like a more tamed and refined ZSN.

Thanks for your chip in,

I got C10, i thought bass would be clean on these, but still there were too much mid bass bleed for me. I got C10, ZSN, ZSN pro, original ZS10 as you mentioned above. original ZSN suffer from high peak at high mid 2.5-3khz. The ZSN pro made an improvement on that sector and slightly bigger soundstage.
I just need to confirm before i buy the ZS10 PRO, fit is definitely not an issue since they are using same shell as ZSN / ZSN pro/ C10, i just want to know if bass sector got improvement over C10 or ZSN PRO, I want sub bass that digs deep, with great texture, without mid bass bleed.

Thanks anyway buddy, appreciate it that

May 5, 2019 at 3:27 AM Post #43,746 of 63,950
Is the polished metal plate on the ZS10 coated with any clear coating or is it bare? I would probably like to give it a brushed finish, it sounds like they're great, but they seem a bit too blingy for me.

Also, is it a step up from the ZS6 in sound quality, or is it just more welltuned (no sharp treble)? Instead of 2 dynamic drivers and 2 BA, it's 1 DD and 4 BA, so I'm wondering how they compare.

May 5, 2019 at 6:33 AM Post #43,747 of 63,950
Is the polished metal plate on the ZS10 coated with any clear coating or is it bare? I would probably like to give it a brushed finish, it sounds like they're great, but they seem a bit too blingy for me.

Also, is it a step up from the ZS6 in sound quality, or is it just more welltuned (no sharp treble)? Instead of 2 dynamic drivers and 2 BA, it's 1 DD and 4 BA, so I'm wondering how they compare.

ZS10 Pro's face plate is polished steel, similar to the entirety of the CA Comet and Atlas. No additional coatings that I can tell. Imo it's a step up from the ZS6. Better clarity, tighter bass, similar sound stage, cleaner sounding all-round.

May 5, 2019 at 7:01 AM Post #43,748 of 63,950
The ZS10 Pro shell is smallest yet to me, fits perfect and the stock tip is great for me, something different than starlines. I’d like to know how to get a bunch more. So I’m using ZS10Pro with stock tip and one of the cables from my ZSN stuff. I hate the KZ brown funky stock cable As they feel cheap.

I’m hearing a more neutral sound than other KZs, but the bass punch is there, kick drums sound like kicks. Its still early days but so far its perfect sound for me. The mids are present and accounted for, zero sibilance, love the low end. The drivers all blend together wonderfully presenting a seamless sound thats easy all day listen and comfort. Love it myself!

May 5, 2019 at 7:38 AM Post #43,749 of 63,950
ZS10 Pro's face plate is polished steel, similar to the entirety of the CA Comet and Atlas. No additional coatings that I can tell. Imo it's a step up from the ZS6. Better clarity, tighter bass, similar sound stage, cleaner sounding all-round.
May I ask what source you're using? I'm pretty happy with the precision of the bass and lack of bleed of my ZS6 as long as the source is up to the job. Regarding clarity or even transparency the ZS6 can't hold a candle even to the RN QT5 I got a couple days ago but OTOH they easily beat the T2 in that department IMO.

Last edited:
May 5, 2019 at 9:27 AM Post #43,750 of 63,950
Is the polished metal plate on the ZS10 coated with any clear coating or is it bare? I would probably like to give it a brushed finish

It's not brushed like ZSN or C10, but the same blinding reflectivity of the KPE with a ZSN pattern: shiny chrome, and not something that blends in well on stage or at night doing a zero-dark-thirty commando raid.

Last edited:
May 5, 2019 at 9:54 AM Post #43,751 of 63,950
May I ask what source you're using? I'm pretty happy with the precision of the bass and lack of bleed of my ZS6 as long as the source is up to the job. Regarding clarity or even transparency the ZS6 can't hold a candle even to the RN QT5 I got a couple days ago but OTOH they easily beat the T2 in that department IMO.

I've got a couple I use with it; ZiShan DSD, Shanling M0 primarly with a variety of amps tossed in if I feel like it. Not saying the ZS6 is sloppy or anything (I'm one of the few that seems to really like them and not be bothered by the treble), just the ZS10 Pro improves on it in a number of ways. Mind you, I'm also of the opinion it sounds very little like the ZS7 and ZSN Pro (bass in particular). Was pretty surprised to see the measurements that showed up. ZS10 Pro is tuned a lot like the old TFZ King Pro to my ears, with a treble and mid focus with bass backing it up. Great extension with more sub-bass than mid-bass. ZS7 and ZSN Pro (this one esp) are a lot more warm and mid-bassy than the ZS10 Pro to my ears.

May 5, 2019 at 10:45 AM Post #43,752 of 63,950

It’s polished T-304 stainless steel. No coating.

I’m planning on putting a brushed finish on one of my pairs as well. Or maybe sand blast.

I also have something else planned for them, but the stuff hasn’t arrived yet...

May 5, 2019 at 9:04 PM Post #43,753 of 63,950
I tried the SPC cable with the ZS7 on the Z1 with OPA1622 and it made the ZS7 sound average. The supplied cable is definitely a good one that helps give it its unique sound. Now to try other eartips...

Last edited:
May 5, 2019 at 9:46 PM Post #43,754 of 63,950
I've got a couple I use with it; ZiShan DSD, Shanling M0 primarly with a variety of amps tossed in if I feel like it. Not saying the ZS6 is sloppy or anything (I'm one of the few that seems to really like them and not be bothered by the treble), just the ZS10 Pro improves on it in a number of ways. Mind you, I'm also of the opinion it sounds very little like the ZS7 and ZSN Pro (bass in particular). Was pretty surprised to see the measurements that showed up. ZS10 Pro is tuned a lot like the old TFZ King Pro to my ears, with a treble and mid focus with bass backing it up. Great extension with more sub-bass than mid-bass. ZS7 and ZSN Pro (this one esp) are a lot more warm and mid-bassy than the ZS10 Pro to my ears.

more sub bass than mid bass is what i after, rarely find this kind of bass on budget iem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back