Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Mar 14, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #42,526 of 64,068
Well as much as I like (and respect) Mr. Crabs I not so sure for my taste the C10 is better than the ZS7 but when he sends me his pair to check them out and I'll reconsider:rolling_eyes: Until then we all hear them differently so I'm not sure better is as accurate as all that considering he did not listen to them with my ears:smiling_imp: Luv ya Crabby:grin:
Maybe I wasn't clear in my statements. My choice of the C10 overs ZS7 is in the context of the price. In fact, if you presented me with both IEMs at the same price and with the same cable I would actually choose the ZS7. :runner: I could easily have given the KZ 4/5 stars but considering the current state of Chi-Fi, I feel like I need to be tougher on points. This is the downside of having a rating system; a few things come along that are so good (QT2, QT5, C10, BQEYZ, AS06 etc) they mess up the previous standards or they raise the bar and all your previous scores become misrepresentative or outdated. It's impossible to keep everything rated properly without adjusting each and every individual score each time a new product is added. Such is the nature of Chi-Fi - things keep getting better and more affordable at an alarming rate.

Mar 14, 2019 at 11:12 AM Post #42,527 of 64,068
Maybe I wasn't clear in my statements. My choice of the C10 overs ZS7 is in the context of the price. In fact, if you presented me with both IEMs at the same price and with the same cable I would actually choose the ZS7. :runner: I could easily have given the KZ 4/5 stars but considering the current state of Chi-Fi, I feel like I need to be tougher on points. This is the downside of having a rating system; a few things come along that are so good (QT2, QT5, C10, BQEYZ, AS06 etc) they mess up the previous standards or they raise the bar and all your previous scores become misrepresentative or outdated. It's impossible to keep everything rated properly without adjusting each and every individual score each time a new product is added. Such is the nature of Chi-Fi - things keep getting better and more affordable at an alarming rate.

Well I was kinda of pulling your leg a little, my main point is even regardless of price and that is that we do all hear them differently from budget Chi-Fi to top tier IMHO. You know Pod has great respect in what you do for this community, I do for all my Bumper Bros:grin::beerchug:

Mar 14, 2019 at 11:29 AM Post #42,528 of 64,068
Now that I've had a little over a week with the ZSR I can say while they're still a really nice IEM for the price they do have some faults. There is some part of the treble that can sound a bit harsh and also just sounds off compared to the treble from better IEMs. The mids can sound a bit thin at times as well. The last thing is the fit isn't the best and the start to hurt my ears after a while which doesn't happen with some of my other IEMs.

For $30 I still feel it's a good deal for people wanting good SQ but don't want to spend much but if you can afford a more expensive pair I say go for it. Compared to my Flare Audio R2A the KZ is a few steps behind.

usd$30 for a ZSN? that's quite expensive. Its usually usd$15 or so. Flare R2A was quite good (despite not liking the insertion depth), but its usd$150 or something? quite a few steps up from any KZ, tbh.

Mar 14, 2019 at 11:55 AM Post #42,530 of 64,068
usd$30 for a ZSN? that's quite expensive. Its usually usd$15 or so

I thought he was saying the ZSR was $30. The ZSN is usually around$15.

Mar 14, 2019 at 12:02 PM Post #42,531 of 64,068
Just got my Zs7 earlier morning, have been listening for a few hours and I love it! Kz nailed it! I'm thinking about replacing tips because starline tips keep getting floated out of my ears and the seal is not that great. Maybe I'll listen to Slater I have the Jvc Spiral on it

Enjoy! They need a little bit of time to burn-in, but they already sound great from the start. Do put spiral dots on them, they will sound so much better.

Mar 14, 2019 at 12:24 PM Post #42,533 of 64,068
ah, gotcha, I misread. Thought after a quick search on aliexpress and shopee MY, seems the ZSR is already usd$20 or so.

It is easy to misread with all these products with similar letters.

However there is often another issue.

It can be difficult in this thread and some others to keep track of what is being discussed. I wish everyone would include the name of the product (even in a shortened form) in their reply because if someone replies to them without saying the name soon it will not be obvious what is being discussed.

No one wants to read back several pages to figure it out.

Mar 14, 2019 at 12:31 PM Post #42,534 of 64,068

It can be difficult in this thread and some others to keep track of what is being discussed. I wish everyone would include the name of the product (even in a shortened form) in their reply because if someone replies to them without saying the name soon it will not be obvious what is being discussed.

LOL, especially when this thread can exceed 5 pages in a day!

Mar 14, 2019 at 1:49 PM Post #42,535 of 64,068
Just got my Zs7 earlier morning, have been listening for a few hours and I love it! Kz nailed it! I'm thinking about replacing tips because starline tips keep getting floated out of my ears and the seal is not that great. Maybe I'll listen to Slater and have the Jvc Spiral on it

You might just be using the wrong sized tip. It sure sounds like it. Try going down 1 size. So if you’ve been trying large tips, drop down to the medium.

Mar 14, 2019 at 1:54 PM Post #42,536 of 64,068

Good suggestion. That would be very helpful.

For example, “The thing I was talking about the other day about the other one next to the red one? I sure am glad I didn’t make that mistake again!”

Everyone would be like What are we even talking about here?

Mar 14, 2019 at 1:56 PM Post #42,537 of 64,068
You might just be using the wrong sized tip. It sure sounds like it. Try going down 1 size. So if you’ve been trying large tips, drop down to the medium.
I second this. Took me a while to figure out I just needed to go one size down. Now my tips stay locked in.

Mar 14, 2019 at 2:14 PM Post #42,538 of 64,068
Just got my C10 ten minutes ago and first impression is that this C10 sounds really balance. Bass is kind of similar as ZSN in volume and presence if compared to ZS7; there is no sibilance in the treble and it sounds very smooth right out the box, but it has more treble energy than ZS7; mid is kind of same with ZSN, but more forward as ZS7 (ZS7 has a more fully bodied vocal sound than C10, while C10's vocal is a little bit thinner). This is just my initial open box impression and I can say this C10 is very good. It is very nice to have choices, if you like a more balance sound then go with C10, if you like a little bit more fun in bass then go with ZS7. Fit is extremely good (this C10 is basically a ZSN with more drivers), build is good, but I hope they give a metal nozzle like in the ZSN tho it just a minor thing. Will do more impressions and comparison with my other KZ (ZSN, ZS7 and AS10).

Mar 14, 2019 at 3:03 PM Post #42,539 of 64,068
I second this. Took me a while to figure out I just needed to go one size down. Now my tips stay locked in.

Too add to this every pair of iem's I've owned I've had to go through several tips to get the right one, of course Auvio's are my favorite and sometimes an iem works best with a medium and others it's the larges and every once in a while even they don't work but IMHO the correct tip is the single most important thing for getting the best seal and performance out of any iem:wink:

Mar 14, 2019 at 5:59 PM Post #42,540 of 64,068
Have you tested to see if they are in phase? Everytime something has been really weird to me it turns out that it is out of phase (which can be corrected).
I'll look into that. But considering all the other KZ's I have... (just ordered ATE-S and ED7). I doubt I'll bother checking. Thanks for the note, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back