Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Mar 4, 2019 at 9:08 PM Post #42,316 of 64,388
Yea I had the ED8 for sale. Sounds great, but never worked out for me. Too heavy and for some strange reason didn't fit me very well. When I would turn my head the iems would move in such a way that they would block the sound coming out. Have no idea what is going on but had the exact same problem with the Shozy Zero IEM. Had to sell that one too despite that thing sounding phenomenal.

BTW after about 10 different people wanting to buy the HAVI B3 pro 1, I still have them. LOL. Getting rid of that thing has been a nightmare. I have been hesitant but looks like I may have to go to Ebay and deal with all that crap to sell them. UGH!

Mar 4, 2019 at 11:27 PM Post #42,317 of 64,388
Yes, thank you.
I don't know about the twisted cable, I think it could happen randomly, or simply the user noodling around. Just like headphone cables getting so tangled mysteriously and randomly inside a pocket. ItsI just a thought though.

About the pin connectors, yeah, I don't plug and unplug them a lot, I wanted to say that it fits nicely. I've bought a Bluetooth cable as well, so I will have to use the connector.

Yes, I know the connectors have a certain position. They are not inverted, they are right. About the cases... I thought about them. I've been using for quite some years a small cloth/fabric sack/bag to store them in my pocket. I actually prefer the quality and safety of a hard case, but since I commute all day and I always store my headphones in my pocket, I might don't like to have another bulk in my pocket, enough with the smartphone and the wallet. Do you think it's OK to use a small cloth sack or you would sacrifice another bulk to have a nice hard case?

I like to keep my stuff in mint condition, so I deal with the extra bulk of a proper carry case. I’m sure a cloth one would be fine. It is definitely better than nothing at all, but technically it doesn’t provide much protection. It will help keep them cleaner and and cut down on the dust and lint.

Be aware that the shells will be more likely to scratch one another, and in time will rub off the colored anodized finish on the edges. This is true of anything though, from a wristwatch to gold rings. All metal scratches.

If it bothers you, you can touch it up with a Sharpie marker. If not, just leave it alone and don’t sweat it.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kno...essions-thread.698148/page-2291#post-14341754

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kno...essions-thread.698148/page-2466#post-14539722

Mar 5, 2019 at 8:14 AM Post #42,318 of 64,388
My biggest concern with hybrids is that one drop could screw em up so I always keep em in cases when not in my ears. Drop them when they are inside the case and you are going to be fine. No case, and its always a possibility that a BA gets jacked.

BTW there some really nice cases on AE. If you cant wait for the shipping. If not, I bought an 8 pack off amazon for $12. They are great and they all have clips attached so I can clip em to belt loops or my backpack or whatever.

Mar 5, 2019 at 8:33 AM Post #42,319 of 64,388
Mar 5, 2019 at 11:10 AM Post #42,322 of 64,388
Hey all,

I have a very newbie question here haha :) I Have a KZ ed-16 and I bought a KZ silver/copper upgrade cable, (https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/KZ-3...811.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.17084c4dCXwEsp)

I just got the cable in the mail but I'm wondering what is right and left for the earphones. Currently I have the red connector in the right IEM, and the blue in the left IEM.
Is this the correct setup? Or should the colors be on the opposites sides?

Thank you :)

Mar 5, 2019 at 11:17 AM Post #42,323 of 64,388
Hey all,

I have a very newbie question here haha :) I Have a KZ ed-16 and I bought a KZ silver/copper upgrade cable, (https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/KZ-3...811.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.17084c4dCXwEsp)

I just got the cable in the mail but I'm wondering what is right and left for the earphones. Currently I have the red connector in the right IEM, and the blue in the left IEM.

You are correct red usually goes to the right

Mar 5, 2019 at 2:27 PM Post #42,324 of 64,388
My biggest concern with hybrids is that one drop could screw em up so I always keep em in cases when not in my ears. Drop them when they are inside the case and you are going to be fine. No case, and its always a possibility that a BA gets jacked.

BTW there some really nice cases on AE. If you cant wait for the shipping. If not, I bought an 8 pack off amazon for $12. They are great and they all have clips attached so I can clip em to belt loops or my backpack or whatever.

Got a link to the Amazon ones with belt clips?

Mar 5, 2019 at 2:29 PM Post #42,325 of 64,388
Hey all,

The Panda is correct, but also make sure the housing is aligned correctly for polarity. You may need a magnifying glass but make sure the flat side lines up with the flat side and vice versa for the curved side:wink:

Mar 5, 2019 at 3:29 PM Post #42,326 of 64,388
Mar 5, 2019 at 3:35 PM Post #42,327 of 64,388

Way to precise and technical for the Pod, I'll just send you one of these:open_mouth: LOL

KZ Alignment.JPG

Mar 5, 2019 at 3:37 PM Post #42,328 of 64,388
Way to precise and technical for the Pod, I'll just send you one of these:open_mouth: LOL

Well, believe it or not, I used to post a crude hand drawn sketch like that. But people used to make fun of it so I went tech with the fancy photo version lol

Mar 5, 2019 at 3:50 PM Post #42,329 of 64,388
Well, believe it or not, I used to post a crude hand drawn sketch like that. But people used to make fun of it so I went tech with the fancy photo version lol

IMHO I find peer pressure in the KZ thread kind of an oxymoron, now I might understand that from the pros over in the Noble thread:rolling_eyes: LOL You know some brilliant ideas have come off bar napkins and especially after a few pints:wink:

So you know Pods made it clear he's not into the KZ teardrops with the circuit boards showing but that KZ AS06 in the black and silver may have to come to daddy:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: What do you think of it, I know I could probably go back 25 pages and get some input but I'm way too lazy these days:smirk:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back