Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
May 29, 2015 at 9:09 AM Post #4,201 of 63,928
  If you buy 2 pairs, it costs even lesser.  It's the best deal I've ever seen. 
biggrin.gif

fantastic deal isn't it

May 29, 2015 at 10:31 AM Post #4,202 of 63,928
smily_headphones1.gif
I can't Stand controversy SO........ I just ordered the ED8 so I can compare it with my ED9.....

rolleyes.gif
ksc75smile.gif
TWIN

May 29, 2015 at 10:36 AM Post #4,203 of 63,928
:) I can't Stand controversy SO........ I just ordered the ED8 so I can compare it with my ED9.....

:rolleyes: :ksc75smile: TWIN
They are boomy and have half the resolution of the ed9.

If you like warm sound and lots of timbre you're going to enjoy them.

May 29, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #4,204 of 63,928
For me ED9 with tuned brass filter is the king of KZ atm., even though ATE is also very good with hole-mod, I still rank ED9 higher due to great detail retrieval.

I`m experimenting more with my modding. I don`t recommend to cut off ATE nozzle tips with grills... more or less same sound. I did it only to make fit/sealing better for my small ear canals. 
I think I will soon "cut" this baby open and see what`s inside... seems that there is something in front of driver. Maybe some damping.

May 29, 2015 at 11:34 AM Post #4,206 of 63,928
  For me ED9 with tuned brass filter is the king of KZ atm., even though ATE is also very good with hole-mod, I still rank ED9 higher due to great detail retrieval.

I`m experimenting more with my modding. I don`t recommend to cut off ATE nozzle tips with grills... more or less same sound. I did it only to make fit/sealing better for my small ear canals. 
I think I will soon "cut" this baby open and see what`s inside... seems that there is something in front of driver. Maybe some damping.

Yeah, detail of ATE is really a mediocrity. Now I believe B3 should be far more better than ATE. :) I just wonder how about burning in. But I still think it's good for symphony. It has enough vigor and whole picture. But make easy to feel boring dut to its lack of details.

May 29, 2015 at 11:57 AM Post #4,207 of 63,928

smily_headphones1.gif
I can't Stand controversy SO........ I just ordered the ED8 so I can compare it with my ED9.....

rolleyes.gif
ksc75smile.gif
TWIN

Like Hisound said they are boomy but really do shine in some aspects. Pair with colder source/amp for good results. In my case Topping NX1 does the job as it's a slightly cold sounding amp. Perfect for taming bassy IEMs.

May 29, 2015 at 11:58 AM Post #4,208 of 63,928
Yeah, detail of ATE is really a mediocrity. 

I didn`t say that. ED9 is just superior. Stock and modded ATE have certainly above mediocre details but certainly less than HB3Pro1.
Imo, contrary, it isn`t boring and very enjoyable for long sessions.

May 29, 2015 at 12:34 PM Post #4,210 of 63,928
  I didn`t say that. ED9 is just superior. Stock and modded ATE have certainly above mediocre details but certainly less than HB3Pro1.
Imo, contrary, it isn`t boring and very enjoyable for long sessions.

Well, it depends on what you'll compare to. Not metion those high end ones, even to EDSE, 8320, I think ATE also failes.

May 29, 2015 at 3:57 PM Post #4,211 of 63,928
Actually, I think ATE might be better in certain details "areas" than EDSE but haven`t compared head to head yet. The thing is, EDSE has some major flaws (both, in design & sound) which make them pretty unusable for me. With ATE everything is great and I can enjoy music. You are talking about ATE "failure" like it`s really bad in details... it`s not, just isn`t so good in that certain "area" but still very good. 

May 29, 2015 at 4:12 PM Post #4,212 of 63,928
  Actually, I think ATE might be better in certain details "areas" than EDSE but haven`t compared head to head yet. The thing is, EDSE has some major flaws (both, in design & sound) which make them pretty unusable for me. With ATE everything is great and I can enjoy music. You are talking about ATE "failure" like it`s really bad in details... it`s not, just isn`t so good in that certain "area" but still very good. 

I was only talking about details. I also like ATE more than EDSE.

May 29, 2015 at 4:22 PM Post #4,213 of 63,928
Wait, what were You talking about then? I think You just jumped out of context. I was talking about Your "Mediocre details" claim in case of ATE.

May 29, 2015 at 9:45 PM Post #4,215 of 63,928

Damn.  I ordered two pairs, then I that the review/comments.  Most people say they received the MIC version.  I HATE mics on my IEMs!  Just sent seller a note asking if no-mic version is available.

I just got an answer from the seller and he states that it is the version without the mic.

So...........

I'll be like Oprah and everyone in my family will get an ED9.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back