Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Feb 8, 2019 at 6:10 PM Post #41,627 of 63,836
I love my CCA C16 and honestly can’t believe that people aren’t losing their **** over this one. That jump in resolution makes these a must have, in my opinion. They just get better and better the longer I listen to them. They started out tight but have loosened up very nicely. Amazing with 80’s synth po
I love my CCA C16 and honestly can’t believe that people aren’t losing their **** over this one. That jump in resolution makes these a must have, in my opinion. They just get better and better the longer I listen to them. They started out tight but have loosened up very nicely. Amazing with 80’s synth pop. Yazoo!!
Here is the link to the Auto fa Fe track

Feb 8, 2019 at 6:51 PM Post #41,629 of 63,836

Been re-listening to Tori Amos' Little Earthquake on the KZ AS06 (CD-rips). This 27-year-old album has never sounded better!
Amazing production work on a cheap IEM in 2019; I would've never believed it.
:)

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2019 at 7:23 PM Post #41,631 of 63,836
My C16 arrived today. I have to say it is getting more difficult to discern improvements since I have recently acquired the V2 single DD, the CCA C10, and the ****, in each case I feel there has been an advance in quality. The improvements are now becoming smaller as the quality increases. However after a few hours burn in I feel the C16 is clearer and more detailed than the C10, but it's a closer-run thing in comparison with the **** especially since I replaced the rather ordinary MMCX cable with an 8 core OCC one, there was a leap in resolution. I'm going to need some more time but I must say I'm liking the BA bass, very clean and textured.
I have the same problem! Haha, I just received my **** and Crescent last night, and I tried to do a short listen between them and all I can say for sure is that I like both of them. I put my **** on a 6 core cable from the banned brand (only mmcx I had lyjng around that was straight down) and left it to burn in using Cascade then headed to bed with the Crescent in my ears to sleep with. Will take a few days to try and discern the differences between them. :)

Feb 8, 2019 at 7:34 PM Post #41,632 of 63,836
Panda mentioned “Solaris” a few back...do you guys think if you heard them and C16s to compare that the sound would be significantly better with “Solaris” as to justify the price difference.
Don’t get me wrong, if I had the cash I’d be using them or similar Presently!
The fun in the hobby is trying new stuff I think.

Feb 8, 2019 at 8:22 PM Post #41,633 of 63,836
Panda mentioned “Solaris” a few back...do you guys think if you heard them and C16s to compare that the sound would be significantly better with “Solaris” as to justify the price difference.

Greatest question ever!

Feb 8, 2019 at 9:01 PM Post #41,634 of 63,836
I have the same problem! Haha, I just received my **** and Crescent last night, and I tried to do a short listen between them and all I can say for sure is that I like both of them. I put my **** on a 6 core cable from the banned brand (only mmcx I had lyjng around that was straight down) and left it to burn in using Cascade then headed to bed with the Crescent in my ears to sleep with. Will take a few days to try and discern the differences between them. :)

I want to know the comparison between **** and Moondrop Crescent too, as they are about the same price, which one is better.

Feb 8, 2019 at 9:41 PM Post #41,635 of 63,836

That's like a taboo question here in head-fi. Some people will say the solaris sounds more "mature" because they can't accept or justified the money that they spent on such an expensive iem to be beaten or rivaled by such cheap iem.

Feb 8, 2019 at 10:07 PM Post #41,636 of 63,836
Going back in time to yet another model that has stopped receiving attention; ED16. They have a really well done sound stage. Been running them with liquid d'n'b tracks tonight and effects float all over the place. They really do feel like a colder, more balanced ZSR. Not a fan of the ergonomics but I know I'm in the minority there. Overall pretty good stuff :)

Feb 8, 2019 at 10:39 PM Post #41,638 of 63,836
Guys and Gals should I delete my post asking “the” question?

The ED16 is one I don’t have....is it a like “a must have”?

Feb 8, 2019 at 10:45 PM Post #41,639 of 63,836
Guys and Gals should I delete my post asking “the” question?

The ED16 is one I don’t have....is it a like “a must have”?

What other IEMs do you have?

Are you asking from a KZ collector’s standpoint, or an everyday actual use standpoint?

Depending on what else you have, it’s likely to just be a sidegrade not an upgrade.

If all you have is a bunch of $2 QKZ stuff, then I’d say just about anything is an upgrade to that. But if you have some halfway decent budget IEMs already, it would probably be redundant.

Edit: I checked your profile, and you have a lot of nice gear friend. I think there are much better offerings from KZ available, depending on your sonic preferences.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2019 at 10:55 PM Post #41,640 of 63,836
I meant was it special like ZS5 (V1) or something. I'll pass..thanks dude!!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back