1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. B9Scrambler
    You get what you pay for :kissing_smiling_eyes:

Slater and PhonoPhi like this.
  2. Nimweth
    Here is the link to the Auto fa Fe track

3. PhonoPhi
    Subtracting the hype and with the correlation for the law of diminished returns :)

HungryPanda, eclein and B9Scrambler like this.
  4. purplesun

Been re-listening to Tori Amos' Little Earthquake on the KZ AS06 (CD-rips). This 27-year-old album has never sounded better!
    Amazing production work on a cheap IEM in 2019; I would've never believed it.
    :)

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  5. silverfishla
    Thanks for that one! Never heard it before.

Back at ya! :)

Nimweth, Slater and eclein like this.
  6. drey101
    I have the same problem! Haha, I just received my DT6 and Crescent last night, and I tried to do a short listen between them and all I can say for sure is that I like both of them. I put my DT6 on a 6 core cable from the banned brand (only mmcx I had lyjng around that was straight down) and left it to burn in using Cascade then headed to bed with the Crescent in my ears to sleep with. Will take a few days to try and discern the differences between them. :)

Nimweth and DynamicEars like this.
  7. eclein
    Panda mentioned “Solaris” a few back...do you guys think if you heard them and C16s to compare that the sound would be significantly better with “Solaris” as to justify the price difference.
    Don’t get me wrong, if I had the cash I’d be using them or similar Presently!
    The fun in the hobby is trying new stuff I think.

8. earache Contributor
    Greatest question ever!

eclein likes this.
  9. DynamicEars
    I want to know the comparison between DT6 and Moondrop Crescent too, as they are about the same price, which one is better.

drey101 likes this.
  10. voicemaster
    That's like a taboo question here in head-fi. Some people will say the solaris sounds more "mature" because they can't accept or justified the money that they spent on such an expensive iem to be beaten or rivaled by such cheap iem.

11. B9Scrambler
    Going back in time to yet another model that has stopped receiving attention; ED16. They have a really well done sound stage. Been running them with liquid d'n'b tracks tonight and effects float all over the place. They really do feel like a colder, more balanced ZSR. Not a fan of the ergonomics but I know I'm in the minority there. Overall pretty good stuff :)

12. pbui44
    Man, I haven’t heard this one in forever! Okay, here is one that I never heard, until the start of this decade! If you previously never heard of them, be glad it’s the weekend, because they made a bunch of albums!

Nimweth and silverfishla like this.
  13. eclein
    Guys and Gals should I delete my post asking “the” question?

The ED16 is one I don’t have....is it a like “a must have”?

14. Slater
    What other IEMs do you have?

Are you asking from a KZ collector’s standpoint, or an everyday actual use standpoint?

Depending on what else you have, it’s likely to just be a sidegrade not an upgrade.

If all you have is a bunch of $2 QKZ stuff, then I’d say just about anything is an upgrade to that. But if you have some halfway decent budget IEMs already, it would probably be redundant.

Edit: I checked your profile, and you have a lot of nice gear friend. I think there are much better offerings from KZ available, depending on your sonic preferences.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
    LaughMoreDaily and eclein like this.
  15. eclein
    I meant was it special like ZS5 (V1) or something. I'll pass..thanks dude!!

Slater likes this.