Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Feb 2, 2019 at 9:15 AM Post #41,461 of 64,011
Can anyone tell me what bore diameter is considered as “wide bore”?
For example spinfits are considered as wide or not? What about starlines?

4.5mm and up..
Nor spinfits and kz starlines are considered as wode bore.

Spiral dots, tennmak whirlwind, symbio W are wide bore tips

Feb 2, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #41,462 of 64,011
A good example of a wide bore tip would be the JVC Spiral Dots. KZ Starline tips have an average bore diameter.

Feb 2, 2019 at 10:15 AM Post #41,463 of 64,011

IMG_20190202_230249.jpg

You just got to keep trying with different tips to see how it sound.
For example, the 2 on the left are considered wide.
I'm currently using the transparent medium wide tip from my old collection from Ultimate Ears.
I had another different brand of wide silicone tips that sounded even better (can't remember the brand since all my tips were mixed up when stored), but unfortunately, they were a little bit loose and got lost eventually.

Feb 2, 2019 at 10:28 AM Post #41,464 of 64,011
^Wait, with any IEM it's always good to try out other tips but you never tried other tips with the ZSN. How do you know ZSN doesn't sound even better with some other pair of tips?? :)

Lol... you're right...in addition, the never ending experiment of changing copper to silver cables or DAPs pairing setup, etc etc...

But I'm already no longer going for the ultimate.
As long as the pairing sounds good, I'll be fine and will just focus on enjoying my collection of music. :smile_phones:

Feb 2, 2019 at 10:39 AM Post #41,465 of 64,011
My C16s arrived-notes so far:

C16 fit is excellent for me-was my biggest worry

Its like they expoded a bomb inside a C10 and everything suddenly became immense...lots of detail and it keeps widening and deepening.

These sound like already played in....pre burnt in ....pure

Plenty of bass with zero muddy ness (?) zero sibilance........just vast clear non congested sound.....
Wow

Feb 2, 2019 at 11:30 AM Post #41,466 of 64,011
V30 hasn't the most recent dac. And I had it, I had pro 6 plus and Meizu 16th which is better. Vivo Nex dual display have the best akm and dac of the mobile phone market. C16 is very better with the Vivo. He careful, these audio smart phone are less good than real dap...
I feel that my Meizu is not perfect and the Vivo that I just received is better, Clearly

Smartphones can be transformed into a capable audio source. Requires some fiddling with kernel and root access.

Feb 2, 2019 at 12:06 PM Post #41,467 of 64,011
My quick listen turned into an hour while watching my favorite soccer team - Dortmund!!

I’m not believing how much I enjoyed my first listen, the C16s were a total indulgence for my curiosity, I’ve never heard a eight BA a side iem and got a great opportunity to grab these. I’m simply stunned and seriously amazed at this sound.
It probably sounds silly but I’m smiling ear to ear, if the opportunity arises I’m buying backups for these.
I’ll keep listening and update accordingly but right now I got a new #1 iem here. Everybody hears differently but for me these are the best I’ve ever heard and I didn’t have to sell a home to get them- I’m having a great day!

Feb 2, 2019 at 12:22 PM Post #41,468 of 64,011
So sorry friend that really sucks :frowning2:

Maybe the replacement should be a dynamic? There’s so many good ones to choose from, such as TinAudio T2 or T3, ibasso IT01 or IT01S, Kanas or Kanas Pro, etc.

Hopefully it will be more robust and problem free for you. That’s not to say dynamics are indestructible, because voice coils can and do break for example (especially if abused).
Thanks, buddy. It's a sad loss; the viewing will take place tomorrow in Toronto East, for those who were close to them. They will be missed and surely remembered... :wink:

Feb 2, 2019 at 12:32 PM Post #41,469 of 64,011
I just got my ZS4 and I like it way better than the purple ZSN. I find the sound sig of the purple ZSN premature sounding like a newborn baby but the black ZSN is much better but not as exciting as the ZS4. I guess I prefer a more lively signature.

The fit on the Zs4 isn't that good. The Zs3 has the best fit but the Zs3 sounds so bad it's not even worth listening to.

With that being said... I have enough KZ's to be eventually considered a newbie expert on the brand. If you're looking for info on the As10, Atr, Ed7, Ed16, Es4, Ie7, Zsa, Zst, Zs3, Zs4, Zs10... hit me up.

I guess you can say I wasted a bit of money. Thanks to all you guys. :wink:
Hi there; should you buy the zs7, please let us know your impression vs AS10: some say the ZS7 are better, others say it's the AS10; maybe you can compare them to other KZs you own (ZS4 or ZSR?). Thanks!

Feb 2, 2019 at 12:53 PM Post #41,470 of 64,011
Hi there; should you buy the zs7, please let us know your impression vs AS10: some say the ZS7 are better, others say it's the AS10; maybe you can compare them to other KZs you own (ZS4 or ZSR?). Thanks!

What kind of sound signature do you want?

Feb 2, 2019 at 1:18 PM Post #41,471 of 64,011
Feb 2, 2019 at 1:43 PM Post #41,472 of 64,011
You may want to check CCA C10.
Under $30, its 4 BA give similar resolution to AS10, and DD is more fun.
I personally still prefer AS10 to listen to strings in classics, but for the value and universality, CCA C10 is easily the winner.

Feb 2, 2019 at 3:28 PM Post #41,473 of 64,011
What kind of sound signature do you want?
I prefer warmer sound signatures rather than bright or "analytical" sound, but I dont like the bumming of low mids; I love a big punch in the lower bass, and clear but not fatiguing highs (like, clear sound with a subwoofer added :wink: ) I know, hard to find in the sub $100 category. The AS10 sound good in my opinion, but I wouldn't mind more punch in the bass. I heard the Kanas Pro may be the ones I should be looking at, possibly also the Ibasso IT01 (I know, you're a bog fan of it!), but the ZS7 are way cheaper and apparently, they seem pretty good. I don't think the modded Tin Audio T2 would satisfy me due to the lack of deep and strong bass. What is the best IEM you would recommend for up to $50? BTW, my source is Cayin N3 or Sony A45, (sometimes paired with Fioo amp A3).

Feb 2, 2019 at 3:32 PM Post #41,474 of 64,011
You may want to check CCA C10.
Under $30, its 4 BA give similar resolution to AS10, and DD is more fun.
I personally still prefer AS10 to listen to strings in classics, but for the value and universality, CCA C10 is easily the winner.
Thank you PhonoPhi :wink: Apparently this is another really good IEM, but given the high number of BAs in it, I have doubts about its reliability... That may still be an option given the price, though (just to buy another pair if it brakes, or just a second one as backup) :wink:

Feb 2, 2019 at 3:44 PM Post #41,475 of 64,011
My C16s arrived-notes so far:

C16 fit is excellent for me-was my biggest worry

Its like they expoded a bomb inside a C10 and everything suddenly became immense...lots of detail and it keeps widening and deepening.

These sound like already played in....pre burnt in ....pure

Plenty of bass with zero muddy ness (?) zero sibilance........just vast clear non congested sound.....
Wow

My quick listen turned into an hour while watching my favorite soccer team - Dortmund!!

I’m not believing how much I enjoyed my first listen, the C16s were a total indulgence for my curiosity, I’ve never heard a eight BA a side iem and got a great opportunity to grab these. I’m simply stunned and seriously amazed at this sound.
It probably sounds silly but I’m smiling ear to ear, if the opportunity arises I’m buying backups for these.
I’ll keep listening and update accordingly but right now I got a new #1 iem here. Everybody hears differently but for me these are the best I’ve ever heard and I didn’t have to sell a home to get them- I’m having a great day!
What with would You compare it to?
We need FR graphs ASAP to know if hype is justified, just saying as "new toy effect" can do its work :wink:
I prefer warmer sound signatures rather than bright or "analytical" sound, but I dont like the bumming of low mids; I love a big punch in the lower bass, and clear but not fatiguing highs (like, clear sound with a subwoofer added :wink: ) I know, hard to find in the sub $100 category. The AS10 sound good in my opinion, but I wouldn't mind more punch in the bass. I heard the Kanas Pro may be the ones I should be looking at, possibly also the Ibasso IT01 (I know, you're a bog fan of it!), but the ZS7 are way cheaper and apparently, they seem pretty good. I don't think the modded Tin Audio T2 would satisfy me due to the lack of deep and strong bass. What is the best IEM you would recommend for up to $50? BTW, my source is Cayin N3 or Sony A45, (sometimes paired with Fioo amp A3).
My recommendation - get either iBasso IT01 or regular Kanas. They shouldn`t dissapoint You.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back