Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Feb 1, 2019 at 3:16 PM Post #41,431 of 64,236
Do they co
KZ ZS7 with the Hidizs DH1000 DAC/AMP :)

2.jpg

Do they come with a clear case like that :xf_eek: looks so cool

Feb 1, 2019 at 3:20 PM Post #41,432 of 64,236
Do they co

Do they come with a clear case like that :xf_eek: looks so cool

Nope. I actually removed the covers of it due to charging circuit issues (Blue LED, slow charging, stops working at 400mAh of used battery aprox...). I have more pictures of the circuit here.

In terms of sound, I like it, as it improves the treble on the ZS7

Feb 1, 2019 at 3:57 PM Post #41,433 of 64,236
I like my ZS10. Before I ordered mine, I had listened to several albums with my husband's pair. I then wanted my own.. We all hear differently, have different sources etc. I won't apologize for liking them:)

Same here. Still my favorite iems. I do have to shout out a thanks to Coil or whoever suggested removing the metal grills from the Tin Audio T2. Mine got a lot better with that mod. Good enough that I am now listening to them more seriously. Still not up to my ZS10's though...

Feb 1, 2019 at 5:28 PM Post #41,434 of 64,236
3 button for iOS, or 3 button remote for Android?

Because they use 2 different wiring standards, and not compatible between one another (without additional logic circuitry).

So even if you find a 3-button 2-pin cable, you’ll want to verify with the seller or manufacturer that it is 100% compatible with whatever phone standard you’re using.
I'm looking for an Android one. And thank you for the advice!

Feb 1, 2019 at 7:05 PM Post #41,437 of 64,236
Just providing an update about AS10 and more generally BA IEMs: as previously mentioned on this thread, BAs are very fragile IEMs; I unfortunately experienced this myself: the right earpiece of my AS10s slipped from my hand as I was about to put it on and, while still attached to the cable, it fell on my shoe, not even hardly, and now the highs are gone... So sad, they were only 2 months old :frowning2: I thought I would take a look if Slater or another tech-skilled member had already opened them to replace a BA driver; to my deepest regret, I just watched a video on Youtube from Techman, who tested a set of AS10 and had to use a Dremel to open them: these IEMs are so well glued together and full of glue inside, that any kind of repair is just impossible without completely destroying the shell. I'm so PISSED :frowning2:
Nice pair of IEMs indeed, but really VERY fragile. Accidents can always happen and the slightest drop may results in irreversible damage. You may want to keep this in mind if you are hesitating between buying a pair of BA/Hybrid or Dynamic drivers IEMs.

Feb 1, 2019 at 7:19 PM Post #41,438 of 64,236
Just providing an update about AS10 and more generally BA IEMs: as previously mentioned on this thread, BAs are very fragile IEMs; I unfortunately experienced this myself: the right earpiece of my AS10s slipped from my hand as I was about to put it on and, while still attached to the cable, it fell on my shoe, not even hardly, and now the highs are gone... So sad, they were only 2 months old :frowning2: I thought I would take a look if Slater or another tech-skilled member had already opened them to replace a BA driver; to my deepest regret, I just watched a video on Youtube from Techman, who tested a set of AS10 and had to use a Dremel to open them: these IEMs are so well glued together and full of glue inside, that any kind of repair is just impossible without completely destroying the shell. I'm so PISSED :frowning2:
Nice pair of IEMs indeed, but really VERY fragile. Accidents can always happen and the slightest drop may results in irreversible damage. You may want to keep this in mind if you are hesitating between buying a pair of BA/Hybrid or Dynamic drivers IEMs.

now imagine that with a pair of CA Andromeda, a full-BA IEM that's worth usd$1000

Feb 1, 2019 at 7:38 PM Post #41,439 of 64,236
I'm not sure I agree with the assessment that BA's are inherently fragile. I've had a number of BA IEM's over the years that were just as durable as DD 'phones. I think it likely has more to do with manufacturing/quality control. Case in point. I've owned 3 pairs of Brainwavz S5 DD IEMs and the first TWO both got a loose driver on one side. The first pair actually stopped working on the side that became loose. I'm actually quite careful with my equipment and the only thing that was jarring at all was that I ran with them quite a few times. YMMV

Feb 1, 2019 at 8:08 PM Post #41,440 of 64,236
now imagine that with a pair of CA Andromeda, a full-BA IEM that's worth usd$1000

Thats why we need good value chifi for our daily driver. keep those big boys safe at home.

Feb 1, 2019 at 8:12 PM Post #41,441 of 64,236
Still impressed with the ZS7 quality. I think these sounds better via the 2.5mm balanced jack in the HiBy R3. I think the vocals are a bit more forward, better, and more clean than when I use them directly in the DH1000, which is more neutral in terms of sound. Today marks 2 weeks of owning the ZS7.

Feb 1, 2019 at 8:13 PM Post #41,442 of 64,236
Exactly my thoughts!
I love my AS10, and after realizing that they became my daily drivers, right away I got a second pair that sits in its package as a quite inexpensive insurance of my IEM happiness. :)
Also not knowing about fragile nature of BAs, I knocked around my 1 More Triple quite a bit - still perfectly fine to me, continue to use them for old recordings, where AS10 reveals the limitations too eloquent.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2019 at 8:40 PM Post #41,443 of 64,236

So sorry friend that really sucks :frowning2:

Maybe the replacement should be a dynamic? There’s so many good ones to choose from, such as TinAudio T2 or T3, ibasso IT01 or IT01S, Kanas or Kanas Pro, etc.

Hopefully it will be more robust and problem free for you. That’s not to say dynamics are indestructible, because voice coils can and do break for example (especially if abused).

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2019 at 8:59 PM Post #41,444 of 64,236
So sorry friend that really sucks :frowning2:

Maybe the replacement should be a dynamic? There’s so many good ones to choose from, such as TinAudio T2 or T3, ibasso IT01 or IT01S, Kanas or Kanas Pro, etc.

Hopefully it will be more robust and problem free for you. That’s not to say dynamics are indestructible, because voice coils can and do break for example (especially if abused).

Yeah worth waiting T3 will reveal on February 19, 2.5 weeks. really looking forward to these since T2 is well made. seems like T3 got more bass power. and i think will be go head to head with IT01 (im guessing the price will be around $60-80 as they chip in better cable)

If you got more bucks to spend, get IT01s or kanas pro but still, wait for T3 reviews

Feb 1, 2019 at 10:23 PM Post #41,445 of 64,236
Have you tried Spiral Dots? I find they are perfect with the C10, the short nozzles need larger, shorter tips. The seal is very good.
No, not yet. I did mention that I'd like to try but the only known store here that carries them are verry difficult to query. Laconic replies and it's like we're talking in circles. I'm requesting a friend to order it from amazon for me. I take it the Spiral Dots sizes (outer diameter) are somewhat larger than the average tips, right? So I'd be looking for either M or MS.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back