Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 23, 2019 at 12:18 PM Post #41,132 of 63,975
I give You reason - get IEM that`s closer to Harman Target curve :wink:
And instead getting C10 (which should be better than ZSN) try out ~35$ Auglamour F300 (titanium composite single dynamic). I have one in Penon basket waiting for hit button.

I ordered the f300 this morning to try out. Interested to see how they sound after looking at their graph.

Jan 23, 2019 at 12:57 PM Post #41,133 of 63,975
I give You reason - get IEM that`s closer to Harman Target curve :wink:
And instead getting C10 (which should be better than ZSN) try out ~35$ Auglamour F300 (titanium composite single dynamic). I have one in Penon basket waiting for hit button.
No one listens to curves and graphs per se!
Harman targets describe some average preferences ("most preferred"), and not for IEMs originally.

The frequency response does not include very important characteristics of response time and decay. These curves would favour DD unfairly since responding at single frequency is much simpler than for complex (real) music. It is difficult for me (personally and perhaps subjectively) to grasp how a single membrane can reproduce 10-octave range without interference and distortions.

Jan 23, 2019 at 1:04 PM Post #41,134 of 63,975
KZ ZS3E has just one dynamic driver. I'm gonna buy them. They are dirt cheap and bassy. A lot of people are more than impressed.

Are these people on HF, or some other place like Reddit? Because I have yet to find one HF member that has actually bought the new “E” version, and reported on it. There has been speculation, based on the same driver being used in the ZS4. But nothing ZS3E-specific that I’ve ever seen.

I’ve been waiting on reports before buying a set myself. So if you have more info, links, etc I’d love to check them out :)

Thanks!

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2019 at 1:07 PM Post #41,135 of 63,975
I just received the KZ ZS7.

After 2h listening I must say it's amazing. I loved the ZS5 v1 and ZS6, but this ZS7 has got a better coeherence across all frequencies. Amazing textured fast bass, lush mids and natural treble that mantains the details. All that with excellent separation. Great tuning no doubt!
The music just flows well, sounding natural IMO.

I almost had tears in my eyes listening to Exit Music (For A Film) by Radiohead. Ridiculous!

Would you be willing to remove the back cover, and see if yours has the loose wire that’s not connected to anything?

I’m trying to determine if there is a correlation between glowing sonic performance such as yours, and whether that person’s ZS7 has the detached gold wire (or not).

You only need to remove 2 of the 3 screws (the long ones, as the short one is fake and for looks only).

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2019 at 1:14 PM Post #41,136 of 63,975
Jan 23, 2019 at 1:24 PM Post #41,137 of 63,975

Yeah, but I was hoping to read about them 1st, as I own too many IEMs as it is.

I’ve been anxiously waiting for someone to buy them and report on them, before deciding to order a set myself.

That’s why when you said that people were saying they were “bassy and a lot of people were more than impressed”, I was excited to read the comments/reviews info you found.

Are you sure you weren’t reading about the ZS3 or ZS4, and not the new ZS3E?

Jan 23, 2019 at 1:31 PM Post #41,138 of 63,975
:ksc75smile:Anybody heard or read about the CCA C16?
I’m very curious about it because I’m a sucker for multiple drivers!!

Got one on the way now. Hope to have it shortly.

Jan 23, 2019 at 1:34 PM Post #41,139 of 63,975
How similar is the sound of zs7 to the sound of zs5 v1?

not very - the Zs7 has a different treble and upper mids than the Zs5 (either version).

Jan 23, 2019 at 1:36 PM Post #41,141 of 63,975
No one listens to curves and graphs per se!
Harman targets describe some average preferences ("most preferred"), and not for IEMs originally.

The frequency response does not include very important characteristics of response time and decay. These curves would favour DD unfairly since responding at single frequency is much simpler than for complex (real) music. It is difficult for me (personally and perhaps subjectively) to grasp how a single membrane can reproduce 10-octave range without interference and distortions.

In another thread where Wiljen posted graphs, he also said that those f300 sounded pretty good. I wasn't just going off of the graph.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #41,142 of 63,975
In another thread where the guy posted graphs, he also said that those f300 sound pretty good. I wasn't just going off of the graph.

yup, I ordered one too (since wiljen has done nothing so far to make me question his reviews), but I suppose we should keep non-KZ stuff to the relevant threads since that's the purpose of segregating them in the first place.

Jan 23, 2019 at 2:14 PM Post #41,143 of 63,975
Though I'm satisfied with how my ZS7 sounds; I'm interested in checking inside it to see if there's anything wrong though I'm afraid of stripping the chinese made screws. Which type of screwdriver did you guys use to open it up and where can I get one?
You need a very small torx (6 pointed star) screwdriver, mostly they are in a set of 5 or something.

Jan 23, 2019 at 2:29 PM Post #41,144 of 63,975
Though I'm satisfied with how my ZS7 sounds; I'm interested in checking inside it to see if there's anything wrong though I'm afraid of stripping the chinese made screws. Which type of screwdriver did you guys use to open it up and where can I get one?

You need a very small torx (6 pointed star) screwdriver, mostly they are in a set of 5 or something.

BoZ29 is right. It’s a 6-sided Torx bit. I don’t remember the size of the top of my head - I think it’s either T5 or T6.

You can order cell phone/small electronics repair kits online (Amazon, eBay, Aliexpress, etc) that have a large assortment of bits (including the appropriate Torx bits). They range in price from $3-$30 depending on the features, accessories, materials used, etc.

Jan 23, 2019 at 2:49 PM Post #41,145 of 63,975
10D1DD51-F13D-4A66-835C-F420CBEE9829.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back