Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 23, 2019 at 2:56 PM Post #41,146 of 63,985
Are you sure you weren’t reading about the ZS3 or ZS4, and not the new ZS3E?
Yes, I am.
I have both of them but am not impressed as far as the bass is concerned. I am a 90% basshead.
That's a VERY favourable review at . Unfortunately it is not in Englsih. The reviewer is quite popular in Russia.
You can ask questions there in English and he will respond immediately or next day.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2019 at 3:01 PM Post #41,148 of 63,985
Could you please write your impressions after getting the ZS3E?
Sure, I will. The thing is that sometimes aliexpress orders come to Canada in 1, 2 or even 3 months.

Jan 23, 2019 at 4:09 PM Post #41,149 of 63,985
Sure, I will. The thing is that sometimes aliexpress orders come to Canada in 1, 2 or even 3 months.

Or longer! @Otto Motor has waited 6 months before! And that was long before the strike.

Anyways, thanks for the review link above.

Jan 23, 2019 at 6:35 PM Post #41,151 of 63,985
Yes, I am.
I have both of them but am not impressed as far as the bass is concerned. I am a 90% basshead.
That's a VERY favourable review at . Unfortunately it is not in Englsih. The reviewer is quite popular in Russia.
You can ask questions there in English and he will respond immediately or next day.

BTW, the liquid crystal polymer (Kevlar) diagram used in the ZS4 and ZS3E is the same type of diaphragm used in the Sony EX1000 and some high end Sony headphones.

Kevlar diaphragms are stiff, light, and capable of an extremely wide dynamic range (with frequencies as low as 4-5Hz and as high as 100kHz for those dolphin and bat audiophiles).

This makes it an excellent choice for a single driver headphone/earphone (without the need to rely on a hybrid BA design).

Obviously there’s more to the end result than just the type of diaphragm used, but it does go a long way.

Jan 23, 2019 at 7:51 PM Post #41,152 of 63,985
Jan 23, 2019 at 7:51 PM Post #41,153 of 63,985
For whatever reason have been having a hard time with tips for C10. Weird because this is the same shell as ZSN right? So stock tips sounded great, but hurt quite a bit. Switched to softer version of the tip and they felt better, but still hurt after a while. Switched to Spiral Dots (M) and was able to get 3 hours out of them before the pain started to get bad enough I had to rest for a while. SO I ordered some Spiral Dots in MS size. These actually make the C10 fit exactly like the ZSN now. Very comfortable. WOW! Thankfully Spiral Dots come in the in between sizes.

I'm sure I'm an isolated case, as I haven't heard anyone else complaining of fit issues, but wanted to throw this out there incase someone else had issues.

Anyway, spent the past 2 days with over ear headphones on, and it was good to get the c10s back in my ears. They are Rock&Roll approved!

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2019 at 7:52 PM Post #41,154 of 63,985
BTW, the liquid crystal polymer (Kevlar) diagram used in the ZS4 and ZS3E is the same type of diaphragm used in the Sony EX1000 and some high end Sony headphones.

Kevlar diaphragms are stiff, light, and capable of an extremely wide dynamic range (with frequencies as low as 4-5Hz and as high as 100kHz for those dolphin and bat audiophiles).

This makes it an excellent choice for a single driver headphone/earphone (without the need to rely on a hybrid BA design).

Obviously there’s more to the end result than just the type of diaphragm used, but it does go a long way.

Isn't that the super iem (Sony EX1000) that they rave about in the basshead thread? I've always been tempted to try it although I'm not exactly thrilled over the proprietary cables.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2019 at 9:19 PM Post #41,155 of 63,985
Isn't that the super iem (Sony EX1000) that they rave about in the basshead thread? I've always been tempted to try it although I'm not exactly thrilled over the proprietary cables.

Yes. EX1000 is legendary status IEM.

Jan 23, 2019 at 9:39 PM Post #41,156 of 63,985
Gorgeous! :open_mouth: I suppose it would feel like Christmas morning every time you listen. :ksc75smile:

But from where did you order the green? I thought they only have it in blue; i.e., blue faceplate on black shell cavity. Or is it a custom?

Does anyone know if the cca c10 has the same cable plugs as the zs6/zs7?

Yes, same connectors.

For whatever reason have been having a hard time with tips for C10. Weird because this is the same shell as ZSN right? So stock tips sounded great, but hurt quite a bit. Switched to softer version of the tip and they felt better, but still hurt after a while. Switched to Spiral Dots (M) and was able to get 3 hours out of them before the pain started to get bad enough I had to rest for a while. SO I ordered some Spiral Dots in MS size. These actually make the C10 fit exactly like the ZSN now. Very comfortable. WOW! Thankfully Spiral Dots come in the in between sizes.

I'm sure I'm an isolated case, as I haven't heard anyone else complaining of fit issues, but wanted to throw this out there incase someone else had issues.

I did write about it in my impressions. C10 has a shorter and thicker nozzle with a different projection angle as compared to the ZSN. Felt awkward at first but I adjusted with medium-size ball foam tips. Have different tips on the way, but I think I'll try the JVC Spiral Dots MS as you did, thanks. Drey mentioned them in another thread but I'd passed on them to order some others. If they improve the C10's sound even more... :thumbsup::smile_phones:

Edit: Combined posts.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2019 at 9:54 PM Post #41,157 of 63,985
Gorgeous! :open_mouth: I suppose it would feel like Christmas morning every time you listen. :ksc75smile:

But from where did you order the green? I thought they only have it in blue; i.e., blue faceplate on black shell cavity. Or is it a custom?

Very sure that's a mesh-up of the Green ZS6 and a ZS7. I just got my ZS7, and did a visual comparison, they are identical shells, just the slit angles for the top plate being different.

Jan 23, 2019 at 10:09 PM Post #41,159 of 63,985
Very sure that's a mesh-up of the Green ZS6 and a ZS7. I just got my ZS7, and did a visual comparison, they are identical shells, just the slit angles for the top plate being different.

Yeah. If you zoom into the photo, you can see the engraving on the side that says ZS7 1DD+4BA.

F0F3AF95-4DD5-4FE7-BDED-E84348A63E41.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2019 at 10:47 PM Post #41,160 of 63,985
I did write about it in my impressions. C10 has a shorter and thicker nozzle with a different projection angle as compared to the ZSN. Felt awkward at first but I adjusted with medium-size ball foam tips. Have different tips on the way, but I think I'll try the JVC Spiral Dots MS as you did, thanks. Drey mentioned them in another thread but I'd passed on them to order some others. If they improve the C10's sound even more... :thumbsup::smile_phones:

Edit: Combined posts.
I still haven't received anything from said shop. Quite difficult to communicate with, ordered three times consecutively because it keeps getting cancelled and I just found out now that they're sold out for the foam/silicon hybrids so my latest order is probably going to get cancelled as well. I think the method you mentioned before might be the only way to get anything approaching decent service with them. I've even tried communicating with them in other platforms, via text and fb and still it's the same bs. It's extremely frustrating that it's easier to communicate with people that have a limited english vocabulary located in another country than it is to communicate with a local shop who speaks the same language as you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back