Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 23, 2019 at 2:54 AM Post #41,116 of 63,834
At least 3 AliExpress stores are retailing the no-mic version of the C10 below $100, with the lowest at ~$93, all with free shipping (well, to SE Asia) right now. Search CCA C10 then tap Price: Low to High. Can't post the link because it may be a banned store and I'm toast. :wink:
Well that is interesting, I just did what you said (went to Aliexpress, typed `CCA C16`, ordered by price) and again, only two stores showed up as < 100 USD for me :xf_eek: Technically, it's only one store coz while the banned name is listed on the item, checking the store where it's being sold out showed it's by the same store as the other store selling it below 100 USD. @.@

Is pricing for aliexpress inconsistent? :O

Screen Shot 2019-01-23 at 3.49.59 PM.png

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2019 at 3:15 AM Post #41,117 of 63,834
Well that is interesting, I just did what you said (went to Aliexpress, typed `CCA C16`, ordered by price) and again, only two stores showed up as < 100 USD for me :xf_eek: Technically, it's only one store coz while the banned name is listed on the item, checking the store where it's being sold out showed it's by the same store as the other store selling it below 100 USD. @.@

Is pricing for aliexpress inconsistent? :O

Oh! I'm using the AliExpress mobile app. You could get lower prices and exclusive offers with it. Here's the screenshot:

IMG_5957.PNG

Jan 23, 2019 at 3:19 AM Post #41,118 of 63,834
I just got the black zsn and I think it sounds better than the copper cable purple. The purple sounds more fun but the black sounds more natural and i think it can be used for longer listening sessions as it'll be less tiring on the ears.

After listening to the black ZSN and even though I have the AS10 i am like, what's the point of buying another earphone?
I feel exactly the same as you. I bought the purple ZSN (with clear copper cable) and even though I liked the clarity and resolution that the clear copper cable gave the ZSN, I decided to switch to the dark copper cable (the one that comes with black & cyan ZSN) and I found that sound is more natural (not as detailed, though) but I find it much easier to listen, and sibilances and harsh peaks literally disappear with the dark copper cable.

Jan 23, 2019 at 4:46 AM Post #41,122 of 63,834
ZS7 arrived today. First impression, better sub bass extension than ZS6, and less upper treble, which gave the 6 that airy and open sound. Imaging are similar and sounstage is similar. I don't have much problem with the treble on the ZS6, so I find the treble on the ZS7 to be a bit shy. Second impression is driver flex on the right ear. I've had driver flex before with both the 5 and 6 that went away with use, so I hope it will be the case for the 7.
I also opened it up to check (since the right face plate is a bit misaligned with the body). There's definitely an disconnected wire in there, but mine was tucked away under the cross-over board. I believe that wire is intentional, but for what purpose it serves I don't know.

Jan 23, 2019 at 6:20 AM Post #41,123 of 63,834
After listening to the black ZSN and even though I have the AS10 i am like, what's the point of buying another earphone?
I give You reason - get IEM that`s closer to Harman Target curve :wink:
And instead getting C10 (which should be better than ZSN) try out ~35$ Auglamour F300 (titanium composite single dynamic). I have one in Penon basket waiting for hit button.

Jan 23, 2019 at 6:56 AM Post #41,124 of 63,834
ZS7 arrived today. First impression, better sub bass extension than ZS6, and less upper treble, which gave the 6 that airy and open sound. Imaging are similar and sounstage is similar. I don't have much problem with the treble on the ZS6, so I find the treble on the ZS7 to be a bit shy. Second impression is driver flex on the right ear. I've had driver flex before with both the 5 and 6 that went away with use, so I hope it will be the case for the 7.
I also opened it up to check (since the right face plate is a bit misaligned with the body). There's definitely an disconnected wire in there, but mine was tucked away under the cross-over board. I believe that wire is intentional, but for what purpose it serves I don't know.
I have the same experience with zs7, but I couldn’t live with the zs6 without equalization because of the piercing treble. The zs7 doesn’t have that, so for me this is just what I wanted. Even the trumpet of Roy Hargrove in Stasbourg/st Denis stays in balance, while my eyes pop out with the zs6 :)

Jan 23, 2019 at 7:49 AM Post #41,125 of 63,834
No feedback yet, I'm afraid. I'm curious as well. From that high initial pre-order price of ~$143 to ~$139 to the current low of $93.13 (no mic), AliExpress retail prices greatly vary. And considering the considerable drop in prices in so short a time, I think there's a possibility for it to drop further. Perhaps it'll eventually settle at $80ish and perhaps that's what many are waiting for. At that price range all it takes are 2 or 3 positive feedbacks and then...

CCA sure made a mistake with their initial pricing, didn't they? :thinking:

:older_woman: :smile_phones:

I suspect that's the usual KZ pricing scheme. They set an MSRP with their official store, but don't care how much resellers sells them for, so sellers have an incentive to get KZ stuff in stock/sale, basically the classic China way of undercutting their rivals. I mean, if buyers can get something from the official store at the same price as others, why bother buying anywhere else, especially online.

people in SEA have been able to get KZ stuff for much, much cheaper since the very beginning from direct resellers on shopee/lazada. Heck, from the get-go, the KZ ZSN sells for $12 here on release.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2019 at 9:39 AM Post #41,127 of 63,834
They are these ones:

New-2017-Sendiy-M2-Hi-End-Blackwood-Hi-Res-HIFI-In-Ear-Earphone-Earbuds-with-dynamic.jpg

I hope KZ will be bringing single driver units as well.

Wow,these different fom mine. M1221 are my best iems. How much are yours? How do they sound?

KZ ZS3E has just one dynamic driver. I'm gonna buy them. They are dirt cheap and bassy. A lot of people are more than impressed.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2019 at 10:14 AM Post #41,128 of 63,834
I just received the KZ ZS7.

After 2h listening I must say it's amazing. I loved the ZS5 v1 and ZS6, but this ZS7 has got a better coeherence across all frequencies. Amazing textured fast bass, lush mids and natural treble that mantains the details. All that with excellent separation. Great tuning no doubt!
The music just flows well, sounding natural IMO.

I almost had tears in my eyes listening to Exit Music (For A Film) by Radiohead. Ridiculous!

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2019 at 10:19 AM Post #41,129 of 63,834
Wow,these different fom mine. M1221 are my best iems. How much are yours? How do they sound?

KZ ZS3E has just one dynamic driver. I'm gonna buy them. They are dirt cheap and bassy. A lot of people are more than impressed.

With the brass filter of the KZ09 they sound very clear but not sibilant at all. Kind of a neutral 'analogue' sound. Definitely not basshead though. I'm not the best in describing sound.

Could you please write your impressions after getting the ZS3E? I would be interested to know how the sound is.

Jan 23, 2019 at 11:05 AM Post #41,130 of 63,834
I just received the KZ ZS7.

After 2h listening I must say it's amazing. I loved the ZS5 v1 and ZS6, but this ZS7 has got a better coeherence across all frequencies. Amazing textured fast bass, lush mids and natural treble that mantains the details. All that with excellent separation. Great tuning no doubt!
The music just flows well, sounding natural IMO.

I almost had tears in my eyes listening to Exit Music (For A Film) by Radiohead. Ridiculous!

How similar is the sound of zs7 to the sound of zs5 v1?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back