Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 22, 2019 at 4:20 PM Post #41,101 of 63,834
Need some advice for new pair of kz's. Now I have kz zs5v1, which sounds very good to me. I have small ears, so the fit isto uncomfortable for me when using multiple hours. The shell is bit to big and has corners that hurt my ear. I haven't checked the new kz's in a long time so I'm lost. The KZ ZSN seems pretty good. Can anybody tell how the fit is compered to ZS5?

Jan 22, 2019 at 4:50 PM Post #41,103 of 63,834
Need some advice for new pair of kz's. Now I have kz zs5v1, which sounds very good to me. I have small ears, so the fit isto uncomfortable for me when using multiple hours. The shell is bit to big and has corners that hurt my ear. I haven't checked the new kz's in a long time so I'm lost. The KZ ZSN seems pretty good. Can anybody tell how the fit is compered to ZS5?

The fit of ZSN is much much better than ZS5 in my case. I couldn't stand the ZS5 as after wearing it for a while I got sore ears but the ZSN remains comfortably in my ears without any problems.

Jan 22, 2019 at 6:02 PM Post #41,104 of 63,834
Incredible details on your write up!...Nicely done!
Thanks! The next in-ear in my horizon is that ~$25 3-driver piezoelectric hybrid you've recommended. Waiting for your further impressions on that one. The higher-tiers i'm on the lookout for is for a gift. To be honest though I'm fully satisfied with the C10. Truly great all-rounder. Using it all the time. Including watching Australian Open tennis. Would love to see Serena and Rafa in the finals.
:tennis: :trophy: :ksc75smile:

Jan 22, 2019 at 6:20 PM Post #41,105 of 63,834
I just got the black zsn and I think it sounds better than the copper cable purple. The purple sounds more fun but the black sounds more natural and i think it can be used for longer listening sessions as it'll be less tiring on the ears.

After listening to the black ZSN and even though I have the AS10 i am like, what's the point of buying another earphone?

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2019 at 6:23 PM Post #41,106 of 63,834
I have both. We have the same problem as regards comfort because I have small cup-shaped ears. At first I could listen to at most an album of music with the ZS5v1. Then I slowly adjusted. When the similar ZS6 came the discomfort became milder and milder until I don't mind it anymore. The ZSN are like custom-built for my ears. So comfortable they disappear in the ears moments after you insert them and what remains is your music. Then you enjoy.
:musical_score: :notes: :L3000:

Jan 22, 2019 at 10:02 PM Post #41,107 of 63,834
Jan 22, 2019 at 11:01 PM Post #41,108 of 63,834
:ksc75smile:Anybody heard or read about the CCA C16?
I’m very curious about it because I’m a sucker for multiple drivers!!

Jan 22, 2019 at 11:34 PM Post #41,109 of 63,834
The ZSN are like custom-built for my ears. So comfortable they disappear in the ears moments after you insert them and what remains is your music.
I don't hear any SybiLance on my ZSN so I doubt they were custom-built for your ears.

Jan 23, 2019 at 12:46 AM Post #41,110 of 63,834
Anyone know if the zs6 and zs7 outside shell is interchangeable?

I will let you know once mine arrives. I plan on swapping face plates with one of my other ZS6.

Jan 23, 2019 at 1:21 AM Post #41,112 of 63,834
Let me know where that extra wire goes as well! It's driving me nuts!

Will do.

My fingers are crossed that my ZS7 will have all the wires connected. Then we can get to the bottom of this loose wire business, and the owners that have disconnected wires can finally know the proper location to repair theirs.

Jan 23, 2019 at 1:26 AM Post #41,113 of 63,834
:ksc75smile:Anybody heard or read about the CCA C16?
I’m very curious about it because I’m a sucker for multiple drivers!!

No feedback yet, I'm afraid. I'm curious as well. From that high initial pre-order price of ~$143 to ~$139 to the current low of $93.13 (no mic), AliExpress retail prices greatly vary. And considering the considerable drop in prices in so short a time, I think there's a possibility for it to drop further. Perhaps it'll eventually settle at $80ish and perhaps that's what many are waiting for. At that price range all it takes are 2 or 3 positive feedbacks and then...

CCA sure made a mistake with their initial pricing, didn't they? :thinking:

I don't hear any SybiLance on my ZSN so I doubt they were custom-built for your ears.
Lol! But you didn't get it right. As my 1st Grade schoolteacher used to say, "Wrong spelling—wrong!"
:older_woman: :smile_phones:

Jan 23, 2019 at 1:55 AM Post #41,114 of 63,834
No feedback yet, I'm afraid. I'm curious as well. From that high initial pre-order price of ~$143 to ~$139 to the current low of $93.13 (no mic), AliExpress retail prices greatly vary. And considering the considerable drop in prices in so short a time, I think there's a possibility for it to drop further. Perhaps it'll eventually settle at $80ish and perhaps that's what many are waiting for. At that price range all it takes are 2 or 3 positive feedbacks and then...

CCA sure made a mistake with their initial pricing, didn't they? :thinking:

Lol! But you didn't get it right. As my 1st Grade schoolteacher used to say, "Wrong spelling—wrong!"
:older_woman: :smile_phones:
The price drop occurred when someone here reached out to one of the sellers saying that the initial price was too expensive and that 100 USD is more reasonable. That feedback spread out and that's why there is a severe price reduction... but only for that store I think? For the other stores, the price is still at around 119 when I just checked right now. Like you said though, it probably would go lower and until it does people might not buy it (unless they get convinced by the CCA C10). Regardless, it still is the cheapest 8 BA driver iem per bud there is currently though.

I think they shot themselves in the foot twice, the first time when they priced the C10 so low, and this being the second time, when they priced the C16 so high. Pricing the C10 so low put the image in people's minds CCA is a budget brand, one that would keep pushing out products below 100 USD. it may have served their brand image better if they priced the C10 a little bit higher when it first came out, although they might not have been able to sell it as much. Maybe the correct option on their part was to release an intermediate model first, something like a C12 (6ba) or C14 (7ba or 1dd+6 ba) , placed between the C10 and C16, priced at around 50-80 USD.

Jan 23, 2019 at 2:44 AM Post #41,115 of 63,834
The price drop occurred when someone here reached out to one of the sellers saying that the initial price was too expensive and that 100 USD is more reasonable. That feedback spread out and that's why there is a severe price reduction... but only for that store I think? For the other stores, the price is still at around 119 when I just checked right now. Like you said though, it probably would go lower and until it does people might not buy it (unless they get convinced by the CCA C10). Regardless, it still is the cheapest 8 BA driver iem per bud there is currently though.

I think they shot themselves in the foot twice, the first time when they priced the C10 so low, and this being the second time, when they priced the C16 so high. Pricing the C10 so low put the image in people's minds CCA is a budget brand, one that would keep pushing out products below 100 USD. it may have served their brand image better if they priced the C10 a little bit higher when it first came out, although they might not have been able to sell it as much. Maybe the correct option on their part was to release an intermediate model first, something like a C12 (6ba) or C14 (7ba or 1dd+6 ba) , placed between the C10 and C16, priced at around 50-80 USD.
At least 3 AliExpress stores are retailing the no-mic version of the C16 below $100, with the lowest at ~$93, all with free shipping (well, to SE Asia) right now. Search CCA C16 then tap Price: Low to High. Can't post the link because it may be a banned store and I'm toast. :wink:

Edit: Mistakenly placed C10 for C16.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back