Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 28, 2018 at 12:06 PM Post #40,021 of 63,922
AS06 biggest effect was psychological visual one. Best looking KZ till date
second was AS10 sound with slight bass boost and some decay, making it natural

plus KZ AS06 has actual memory wire instead old era metal molding ear hook

get the silver-copper or silver-gold TRN or KZ new 8braid cable

they look and feel damn premium(no change in sound though, not a cable believer untill or unless they start using carbon Nanotube yarn for wire which is league better than silver, i mean 15Ms/s of CNT compared to 5Ms/s of silver and 3Ms/s of copper)

by the way, add 75ohm impedance adapter from dunu to any KZ except ZS10 and old era KZ(excpet ED9) and feed them power, ohh dayumm they sound so premium

KZ has issue with random peak burst and decay in treble which impedance adapter fix

second is wide bore eartips, because narrow bore tends to increase bass and peak at 7 to 8kHz region

KZ ES4 with Dunu 75ohm and stock eartips on Stray Kids "My Pace" makes the vocal intimate and lower the treble ssh treble sibilance and instrument on good stage. Not joking, it reminds of Senn HD660s of mine but better bass control due to IEM

KZ ZS10 treble dies

KZ AS10 loses impactful bass and seems way more extended and hall like stage comes in play, like Focal like sound imaging(Focal ELEX like Hall Image) and treble comes more mature

KZ BA10, sold off, not a cup of tea for me as bass was lean already and mid bass thump die, making mids coming in centre like A shape iem

due to reduced volume on adapter, lower volume and less peak treble point, make the bass shine and coherency issue is not a issue

plus i can crank it loud without harming my ear due to peak burst are also damped with low frequency impedance is smoothened up

so everything sounds effortless

this was my experience

I went for a 30ohm impedance adapter for a ZSN, just waiting for it. Let’s see...

Dec 28, 2018 at 12:52 PM Post #40,022 of 63,922
I went for a 30ohm impedance adapter for a ZSN, just waiting for it. Let’s see...
i have 20Ohm and it makes the sound little more dynamically tighter with less harshness

i have 75ohm which makes sound really good
but it makes KZ mids sound distant and intimate at same time

like, when there is no instrument, only vocals, taps and clicks it sounds inside my head but in a nice way. but when complex passage, instruments come, they all get distant outside my head.

KZ ES4 sounds like Etymotic ER4 with more air and more low spectrum bass boosted to bonkers. Everything in between sounds like etymotic, distant and lifeless

but the air on top and weight in extreme low end, makes the distant and lifeless iem a overhaul rebirth(not exaggerating).

Same was the deal with Ety ER4p and S.

and other people who are scared of messing up the crossover, tension not..... it is in audio line, in series and not in crossovers as crossovers are in parallel.

crossover will receive the changed response to divide between drivers

Dec 28, 2018 at 1:05 PM Post #40,023 of 63,922
IAnd I think Tyranny Purple ZSN is the most gorgeous iem from KZ..
Some people like Cyan ones.. but they had to get Purple ones because they provided better Audio Experience...:blush:
I don't understand why people blacken in the metal back on the purple ZSN. It wasn't made that way. I prefer how it was naturally artistically created. I don't care how feminine it looks or that it may have been made for a woman... overall, it looks good and stands out from all my black iem's. Maybe this will change my mind to be more open to buying non-black iem's.

Dec 28, 2018 at 1:06 PM Post #40,024 of 63,922
smell effect the food taste
visual effect the food taste
ambience effect the dining experience

psychoacoustics are also a factor and a huge one

that is why blind test is important

you know what affect the sound most in IEM? the PRICE.

Dec 28, 2018 at 1:12 PM Post #40,025 of 63,922
i have 20Ohm and it makes the sound little more dynamically tighter with less harshness

like, when there is no instrument, only vocals, taps and clicks it sounds inside my head but in a nice way. but when complex passage, instruments come, they all get distant outside my head.

KZ ES4 sounds like Etymotic ER4 with more air and more low spectrum bass boosted to bonkers. Everything in between sounds like etymotic, distant and lifeless

but the air on top and weight in extreme low end, makes the distant and lifeless iem a overhaul rebirth(not exaggerating).

and other people who are scared of messing up the crossover, tension not..... it is in audio line, in series and not in crossovers as crossovers are in parallel.

And difference from er4p and s is exactly 75ohm impedance.

Dec 28, 2018 at 1:14 PM Post #40,026 of 63,922

And difference between er4p and s is exactly 75ohm impedance.

Dec 28, 2018 at 1:14 PM Post #40,027 of 63,922

And difference between er4p and s is exactly 75ohm impedance.

Dec 28, 2018 at 1:15 PM Post #40,028 of 63,922
I don't understand why people blacken in the metal back on the purple ZSN. It wasn't made that way. I prefer how it was naturally artistically created. I don't care how feminine it looks or that it may have been made for a woman... overall, it looks good and stands out from all my black iem's. Maybe this will change my mind to be more open to buying non-black iem's.

Have people been blackening the silver on the purple ZSN? I did not think so. Do you have an example of such a post? The silver is polished and shiny so it might be difficult to color it. All I did was to make the plate on my cyan ZSN cyan....just because I could:)

Also I do not think the purple/silver was made for a woman. No gender has a monopoly on a color. Plus, when it is in your ear people are only going to notice the silver.

I think it would be boring to have all black iems. Same with buds.

Dec 28, 2018 at 1:46 PM Post #40,032 of 63,922
Also I do not think the purple/silver was made for a woman. No gender has a monopoly on a color. Plus, when it is in your ear people are only going to notice the silver.

It would be a smart business move to make IEM's with more feminine colors especially when KZ is as big of a brand as they are. Whether they did that with the ZSN Purple, who knows... you're right though, color doesn't matter... it's about the sound quality and if you find the looks of it appealing enough to use.

I call all my black iem's, THE GOTH COLLECTION. It sure is boring, but they work well with fancier cables. The Purple ZSN and the Red/Black ZSA are opening doors for me. Should have I bought the Grey ZSA? Hmm. I want more color... but black works substantially well.

Dec 28, 2018 at 1:47 PM Post #40,033 of 63,922

It would be a smart business move to make IEM's with more feminine colors especially when KZ is as big of a brand as they are. Whether they did that with the ZSN Purple, who knows... you're right though, color doesn't matter... it's about the sound quality/signature and if you find the looks of it appealing enough to use.

I call all my black iem's, THE GOTH COLLECTION. It sure is boring, but they work well with fancier cables. The Purple ZSN and the Red/Black ZSA are opening doors for me. Should I have bought the Grey ZSA? Hmm. I want more color... but black works substantially well. I wish I bought the Grey TRN v20 but don't like it now anyway. :frowning2:

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2018 at 1:56 PM Post #40,034 of 63,922
I find my ears buzzing with the ZS10 after just a few short minutes. What does this mean? Some people say the peaks of KZ's are too much, are they? I bought a 75 ohm Dunu adapter today to find out in two months when it arrives...

Dec 28, 2018 at 2:39 PM Post #40,035 of 63,922
Why 30 ohm? I bought a 75 ohm Dunu adapter. Are these things really supposed to fix the flaws in KZ earphones?
Well, they help get rid of the source noise, but then you need to feed the iem with more power.
Regarding the peaks, it depends on the IEM. Some get a touch of less highs (ZS6), but the result with the original ZS5 it's the opposite. There is some graphs around the thread, about it.

Usually, on bigger headphones, with an higher impedance of the source, or an adapter in between, the bass will be boosted a bit.

I use one of that 75 ohm Dunu adapter, brought for the ZS6. It's not game changing on the signature, but i find that a worthy accessory, for the source noise and for see if the headphone perform better or not with more ohm in between. Then, you'll need to do the tips rolling (in the deep) :laughing:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back