1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. Conest
    AS06's stock cable doesn't have memory wires...
    With ZSNs being a huge hit and AS06 getting good reviews so far... (ZS7 releasing soon ofcourse)
    I sense good times..

SybilLance and 1clearhead like this.
  2. Conest
    Nothing to see here.. just @1clearhead being clear about his opinion.. :bow:

SybilLance and 1clearhead like this.
  3. 1clearhead
    Haha!...We all have to keep an open mind. :juggling:

Conest likes this.
  4. Conest
    source.gif

1clearhead likes this.
  5. cleg
    I'll try to answer when I'll be at home

I'm sorry, I'd like to upgrade my mic, but currently it's impossible due to circumstances. But I'm working towards resolving this

unfortunately I didn't test ED16

6. dhruvmeena96
    AS06 biggest effect was psychological visual one. Best looking KZ till date
    second was AS10 sound with slight bass boost and some decay, making it natural

plus KZ AS06 has actual memory wire instead old era metal molding ear hook

get the silver-copper or silver-gold TRN or KZ new 8braid cable

they look and feel damn premium(no change in sound though, not a cable believer untill or unless they start using carbon Nanotube yarn for wire which is league better than silver, i mean 15Ms/s of CNT compared to 5Ms/s of silver and 3Ms/s of copper)

by the way, add 75ohm impedance adapter from dunu to any KZ except ZS10 and old era KZ(excpet ED9) and feed them power, ohh dayumm they sound so premium

KZ has issue with random peak burst and decay in treble which impedance adapter fix

second is wide bore eartips, because narrow bore tends to increase bass and peak at 7 to 8kHz region

KZ ES4 with Dunu 75ohm and stock eartips on Stray Kids "My Pace" makes the vocal intimate and lower the treble ssh treble sibilance and instrument on good stage. Not joking, it reminds of Senn HD660s of mine but better bass control due to IEM

KZ ZS10 treble dies

KZ AS10 loses impactful bass and seems way more extended and hall like stage comes in play, like Focal like sound imaging(Focal ELEX like Hall Image) and treble comes more mature

KZ BA10, sold off, not a cup of tea for me as bass was lean already and mid bass thump die, making mids coming in centre like A shape iem

due to reduced volume on adapter, lower volume and less peak treble point, make the bass shine and coherency issue is not a issue

plus i can crank it loud without harming my ear due to peak burst are also damped with low frequency impedance is smoothened up

so everything sounds effortless

this was my experience

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
    ShakyJake and LaughMoreDaily like this.
  7. 1clearhead
    They look interesting!...I wish I had them to compare!

...I saw them once before, but I forgot to look into them. :spy:

Conest likes this.
  8. Conest
    I dont think people lean towards Visuals that much when its all about SQ... Its more like a cherry on top.. thats for sure..
    And I think Tyranny Purple ZSN is the most gorgeous iem from KZ..
    Some people like Cyan ones.. but they had to get Purple ones because they provided better Audio Experience...:blush:

9. dhruvmeena96
    smell effect the food taste
    visual effect the food taste
    ambience effect the dining experience

psychoacoustics are also a factor and a huge one

that is why blind test is important

10. Conest
    Totally irrelevant but ok:thumbsup: (blind test where one must not know which model is being tested... Looks shouldn't be a factor in that,. Price should be)
    :yum:
    But I'm just a newbie.. All members here know about all this more than me.. i just see different reviews and pick one which i agree with the most...

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
    dhruvmeena96 and 1clearhead like this.
  11. HAMS
    AS06 intrigue me at first because it's all BA with "fewer" driver from KZ but it seems to be another V-shape tuned KZ.

Conest likes this.
  12. C2thew

couldn't figure out what this song was called for the LONNGGGGest time.

a youtube recommended video

Has there been any comparison between the AS10 and the CC10?

13. Slater
    There's no brass ring on the ZS5 v1 friend.

The only way to visual tell the difference is the number of BA drivers inside the nozzle.

Here's a photo with the nozzle mesh removed:

1BA-vs-2BA.jpg

You can shine a light down into the nozzle without removing the nozzle mesh, but good luck trying to explain that to a Chinese seller (or getting someone to reliably do it).

Here's a photo when using the light method - note the 2 'circles':

BA-nozzle.jpg

14. Slater
  15. PhonoPhi
    Very informative, thank you!

Speaking of AS10, impedance matching with IEmatch did not make AS10 sound better for my subjectively - on the contrary, it made it more even in response with less bass, which I liked so much in a non-matched form.

P.S. Mobility is only one of the factors, so CNTs and graphene won't be able to replace good metals, such as silver and copper.