Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 5, 2018 at 11:46 AM Post #39,046 of 63,836
Hey BRP, I've been curious about the TRN BT modules! What do you think of them? Besides the obvious SQ how would they perform under physical activity? THX
So far so good. Been using them at work and they seem very stable on my/in my ear. Played soccer with them on and had no problems either. I think they sound good and battery life last me all day at work. No annoying drops yet. Everything seems pretty good for the 25 bucks I paid.

Just need BT60 to have LDAC support and I'm golden.

Dec 5, 2018 at 12:05 PM Post #39,047 of 63,836
Can you point me at that particular upgrade cable? THX

@LaughMoreDaily , might ping @crabdog and ask what cable he ended up using on the BA-10, if memory serves me right they have a straight connector vs. angled but then again I'm delusional sometimes:rolling_eyes: Probably onset dementia:grin:
Yes, you are right, straight connectors made all the difference in the world. I can't mention the one that I ended up using but there are several similar SPC cables on AliExpress and Amazon that go for as little as $20.

Dec 5, 2018 at 12:26 PM Post #39,048 of 63,836
So far so good. Been using them at work and they seem very stable on my/in my ear. Played soccer with them on and had no problems either. I think they sound good and battery life last me all day at work. No annoying drops yet. Everything seems pretty good for the 25 bucks I paid.

Just need BT60 to have LDAC support and I'm golden.

Does it support aptx?

Dec 5, 2018 at 12:46 PM Post #39,049 of 63,836
Can you point me at that particular upgrade cable? THX

@LaughMoreDaily , might ping @crabdog and ask what cable he ended up using on the BA-10, if memory serves me right they have a straight connector vs. angled but then again I'm delusional sometimes:rolling_eyes: Probably onset dementia:grin:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ope...492.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4d2g5jst

The ZSN and the BA10 both have a very good fit with this cable.
i use them for sports....

i also testet other cables but for the BA10 the opera factory upgrade cable is the best.

Dec 5, 2018 at 12:54 PM Post #39,052 of 63,836
Does it support aptx?
SBC, AAC, aptX.

BT10 has phenomenal sound quality even with AAC. It's best paired with the ZS10 in my opinion.

I've been spending a lot of time on the ZS10's and I feel they're underrated here and deserve more hype. They're fantastic more* neutral IEM's and have a giant spacious soundstage. The instrument separation alone is something I feel is new to me with KZ IEM's. I put them right up at the AS10's as a tie, though they are two totally different beasts. Both walk all over the ZSN, but the ZSN has the much better fit and physical design. ZSN is wonderful for its price nonetheless.

ZS10 also walks all over ATH-M50x.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2018 at 1:00 PM Post #39,053 of 63,836
You know we talked about the Benjie S5 being such a sweet player I did want to bring up another combo I found to be outstanding for <$60 bones of course one needs to be oblivious to weight or at least need a paper weight while listening but I found these two play rather nicely together:wink:

C5 ZS4.JPG

Dec 5, 2018 at 1:13 PM Post #39,055 of 63,836
ZSN is must have KZ, that I have to agree.
I don't think it's a must have to anyone who has other recent KZ IEM's. They already just sit in my bag as a backup pair. For the price, they're the top 'entry into KZ' IEM's right now for someone wanting to only spend $15-$20. Pass them out to family & friends for the holidays and it will likely be a huge step up from what they're using now. Plus they're pretty :)

Dec 5, 2018 at 1:24 PM Post #39,058 of 63,836
Dec 5, 2018 at 1:36 PM Post #39,059 of 63,836

Users who are viewing this thread

Back