Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
May 18, 2015 at 5:30 AM Post #3,751 of 64,282
  Just got my KZED9 delivered few minutes back. OOTB with shiny filters on, these sounds a wee bit brighter for my ears (on par with EDSE's treble). But the bass seems to be far better than the one in EDSE.

Source used: Laptop, Foobar2K, 320 kbps MP3

Great!, Mine are still sitting at Kolkata : (    https://www.17track.net/en/result/post.shtml?nums=RF021947554CN
How much time did it take for yours to get cleared from Kolkata? 

Btw are you using WASAPI with Foobar2k?? 

May 18, 2015 at 6:30 AM Post #3,752 of 64,282
  Great!, Mine are still sitting at Kolkata : (    https://www.17track.net/en/result/post.shtml?nums=RF021947554CN
How much time did it take for yours to get cleared from Kolkata? 

Btw are you using WASAPI with Foobar2k?? 

Yep, using WASAPI for few years now!

My package reached Kolkata last Friday, got cleared on Saturday morning and I received it this morning. It's surely a record time for me from china-post (and Kolkata customs) 
biggrin.gif

I hope yours too should reach you in a day or two
beerchug.gif

May 18, 2015 at 7:01 AM Post #3,753 of 64,282

Yep, using WASAPI for few years now!

My package reached Kolkata last Friday, got cleared on Saturday morning and I received it this morning. It's surely a record time for me from china-post (and Kolkata customs) 
biggrin.gif

I hope yours too should reach you in a day or two
beerchug.gif

WASAPI is great! Makes a big difference on my Sound Blaster 
beerchug.gif

Hmm... hoping that

May 18, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #3,758 of 64,282

The foam tips included with the ATE are really good: very comfortable and conform nicely. I'm trying to find another pair.

Does anybody know what the "Comply" tips from AliExpress are like?

You can buy them from Mr. Tony (Tennmak Technology)

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/6pcs-3pairs-Comply-T100-T400-memory-ear-foam-eartips-for-in-ear-earphone-earbud-headset/1183804_32303315259.html
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/6pcs-3pairs-Comply-memory-foam-ear-tips-eartips-for-in-ear-earphone-earbud-top-quality/32303927462.html

Are those the real Comply or counterfeit? 

May 18, 2015 at 12:01 PM Post #3,759 of 64,282
Got my GR today... short story:
1) By SQ they are disappointment (black filters make them too bassy/muddy and red filters with hole make them too thin sounding with no body/punch in sound).
2) By build quality they are very good. I really like the see-through soft cable (better than EDSE) and probably going to use it to mod my ANV. Filters I`m going to try on ED9. Interesting thing is that I don`t find them heavy at all, ANV feels littlebit heavier and EDSE is much heavier imo.

Still waiting for ATE and ED9. Btw, I got new good silicone tips for my small ears/earchannels in red/dark-yellow colour, with large bore, soft silicone. They are basically same as Piston 2.1 smallest tips.

May 18, 2015 at 2:49 PM Post #3,761 of 64,282
  Does anybody happen to know if EMS items get delivered by UPS as I ordered some KZ IEMs and they may be coming by UPS?

I think that's they way it is. Here EMS is carried by India Post when it arrives in country. Although not by general service, but the priority one. 

May 18, 2015 at 7:13 PM Post #3,764 of 64,282
  Got my GR today... short story:
1) By SQ they are disappointment (black filters make them too bassy/muddy and red filters with hole make them too thin sounding with no body/punch in sound).
2) By build quality they are very good. I really like the see-through soft cable (better than EDSE) and probably going to use it to mod my ANV. Filters I`m going to try on ED9. Interesting thing is that I don`t find them heavy at all, ANV feels littlebit heavier and EDSE is much heavier imo.

Still waiting for ATE and ED9. Btw, I got new good silicone tips for my small ears/earchannels in red/dark-yellow colour, with large bore, soft silicone. They are basically same as Piston 2.1 smallest tips.

When your ED9's arrive try the brass filters on your GR's. I like that combo with foam tips or silcone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back