Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jun 14, 2018 at 6:08 AM Post #33,586 of 63,883
why you still have north forest as incoming in your signature
any mods for north forest
Thanks for notice, I totally forgot it (will fix my signature right away). RNF is already given away as I didn`t like it, one of the worst disappointments this year.

Btw, this is KZ thread, lets keep it on topic :wink:

Jun 14, 2018 at 6:12 AM Post #33,587 of 63,883
Thanks for notice, I totally forgot it (will fix my signature right away). RNF is already given away as I didn`t like it, one of the worst disappointments this year.

Btw, this is KZ thread, lets keep it on topic :wink:
well this is sad i wanted you to mod them nvm and i'll try some things on my own then
i will receive the replacement by tomorrow (was my mistake)
i will receive my comply tips today and will try them out on es4

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2018 at 7:27 AM Post #33,588 of 63,883
What music are you listening to? Cause for me the ES4 are the worst IEMs I own for complex tracks and especially for metal. Drums sound unnatural, cymbals lack definition, voice and electric guitars mix in a very unpleasant way. If I listen to my studio monitors then switch to the ES4, they sound totally unnatural and not clear. The ZS6 and even ZS10 are far better for this.
Yours have QC issue

ZS10 is the worst iem I have listened to

Followed by ZS6

ZS10, hollow sound no focus, bathroom stage and weird treble rolloff

ZS6 is the high treble boost on steroids, that sounds completely artificial boosted treble.

KZ ES4 may not full fill studio requirements, but zs10 doesn't even reach consumer level. It only has that big stage wow factor.

ZS6 can be used, just put foam on both BA or do @Slater mod.

KZ ES4 sounds musical and organic, not studio ish.

And may I know your studio monitor....if you have M50x, then I think you may be happy with ZS10 and ZS6.

M40x guys would follow my suggestion

Jun 14, 2018 at 8:21 AM Post #33,591 of 63,883
Yours have QC issue

Followed by ZS6

ZS6 is the high treble boost on steroids, that sounds completely artificial boosted treble.

KZ ES4 may not full fill studio requirements, but zs10 doesn't even reach consumer level. It only has that big stage wow factor.

And may I know your studio monitor....if you have M50x, then I think you may be happy with ZS10 and ZS6.

I agree with this ZS10 description and mine was probably fine given that both sides had the same measured frequency response. I think it has an ok treble that isn't that rolled off, but hollow sounding with weird soundstage is deffinitely true for me. Bass was also not impressive at all, bloated and slow. The redeeming factor is good amounts of details but that is not enough to make them good overall.

Jun 14, 2018 at 8:32 AM Post #33,593 of 63,883
Yours have QC issue

Followed by ZS6

I was talking about monitor speakers. For headphones I'm using Q701 or DT990 most of the time. But even my Apple earpods sound better for metal. For example on this song the drums have no definition with the ES4.

Jun 14, 2018 at 8:40 AM Post #33,594 of 63,883
guys:
if, in a moment of weakness, i were to buy the kz zs4 or ed16, what are the best prices on ali today?
You meant ES4 not ZS4 ?
Or... is ZS4 already out?

Jun 14, 2018 at 8:40 AM Post #33,595 of 63,883
I was talking about monitor speakers. For headphones I'm using Q701 or DT990 most of the time. But even my Apple earpods sound better for metal. For example on this song the drums have no definition with the ES4.

What are you for real

Apple earpods....

OK for a moment, DT990 and akg may sound bad as heck ...but seriously
earpods

@audionab help this guy getting some enlightenment hahahahah..

You are used to 5kHz, that's why the natural dip may sound unnatural....that's all

Do some sine test on waves

And then check your ear is to much damped at 5kHz, you listened songs at loud volume and that to complex tracks having snares....am I right

This issue can be solved by getting earplugs while you sleep or when you are alone....getting ear cleaned by doctor and getting some ear drops or oil, for ear....

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2018 at 8:43 AM Post #33,598 of 63,883
What are you for real

Apple earpods....

OK for a moment, DT990 and akg may sound bad as heck ...but seriously
earpods

@audionab help this guy getting some enlightenment hahahahah
can't be helped its his own opinion and taste the lack of bass in earpods help with such judgment

Users who are viewing this thread

Back