Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jun 13, 2018 at 5:37 PM Post #33,571 of 63,883
So yeah, your players are allright, but budget IEMs made a huge step. Just take any IEM of my top 5 in my signature and we’ll talk again. :wink:
IEM Favorites: 1. RN QT2 - 2. ZhiYin Z5000 - 3. KZ ZSR - 4. Tin Audio T2 - 5. Yersen FEN-2000 - 6. KZ ES4 - 7. TRN V20 - 8. KZ ATE - 9. Malloom Water Drop - 10. KZ ZS5
I own the TRN-V20 and the KZ-ATR which is supposed to be a better KZ-ATE so that leaves me with the ES4, ZS5, ZSR and a couple other brands in your sig. I want to buy the ES4. I will check your other sig 'phone reviews.

Jun 13, 2018 at 6:12 PM Post #33,572 of 63,883
I'm getting the ZS6 so I thought I might as well get the upgraded cable since I remember reading that the difference is noticeable. I found two versions on gearbest. Which one should I get?
I remember seeing the silver cable with metal connectors. Is that version only available through aliexpress and is it the same or better?

Jun 13, 2018 at 7:22 PM Post #33,573 of 63,883
I'm getting the ZS6 so I thought I might as well get the upgraded cable since I remember reading that the difference is noticeable. I found two versions on gearbest. Which one should I get?
I remember seeing the silver cable with metal connectors. Is that version only available through aliexpress and is it the same or better?
Remember that there are many different opinions regarding the upgraded cable.. Some says it provides better sound quality, some says not.
In my personal experience, there is no sensible sound change. The upgrade is, at least for me, just about the comfort and fit that the cable provides. give it a try, it's just a few bucks.. but do not expect impressive changes.

Jun 13, 2018 at 11:03 PM Post #33,574 of 63,883
I don't listen to EDM at all. The music I like requires good mids.... rock, blues, singer songwriters, folk, indie, world music, and more. I love the ED16 so it is weird to me that you call it V shape. When people say V shape it sounds to me like it would be horrible for my music. With the ED16, vocals sound natural to me as do acoustic instruments. But what do I know...
+1 ...It's really hard-pressed that they should be referred as V shape when so much MID and vocal presentation stands out on them. Breaking them in for almost 80 hours, I can only marvel on the true quality interior set-up with the dynamic and BA armature combination KZ produced in these in-ear earphones presenting such an indulging and more of a balanced sound signature.

These are a winner for Knowledge Zenith!

PS. Now, if they can only house it in an alloy/metal shell, surely I'll be the first to jump on them! :heart_eyes:

-Clear

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2018 at 11:37 PM Post #33,575 of 63,883
V shape doesn't mean that mids are recessed

V shape means that bass dB boost starts early(150Hz to 200Hz) and treble gets dB boost start early(somewhere above 3kHZ to 6kHz).

U shape means bass boost starts at 100hz and treble may be on higher region like 8kHz to 9kHz.

LoL

It is not related to recessed mids at all

Hyla ce5 is the king of all v shape(in good terms) and doesn't sound anything like mid recessed.

And when recessed mids, I will mention deep v shape or mention recessed mids.

Both ED16 and ES4 are not recessed in mids.

One more thing, you see a 5kHz dip, that is intentional as most of the people in ear resonance is actually there. That is specific region where ear drum damping is weak.

And 3kHz is frequency where damping is highest

Jun 14, 2018 at 2:46 AM Post #33,578 of 63,883
i think neutralizer doesn't work with Spotify and SoundCloud because somehow those apps have there own decoding or something

Jun 14, 2018 at 2:47 AM Post #33,579 of 63,883
How do can I make wearing the earphones a better a experience? I have a feeling they will fall off even when they're around my ears.
use bigger eartips use the open jaw technique for insertion of earphones

Jun 14, 2018 at 4:39 AM Post #33,581 of 63,883
i think neutralizer doesn't work with Spotify and SoundCloud because somehow those apps have there own decoding or something
LoL...

Both viper and neutraliser working

Lol
Hahahahhahaha
ROFL

I got ya

Well its working actually.

If you are rooted, then audio compatibility patch on magisk does wonder

KZ ES4 is the best IEM KZ made.

And I am serious

It is jack of all trade with a little mastery over imaging and layering with nice speed on bass

Jun 14, 2018 at 4:41 AM Post #33,582 of 63,883
LoL...

Lol
Hahahahhahaha
ROFL

I got ya

And I am serious

It is jack of all trade with a little mastery over imaging and layering with nice speed on bass
most of the users here might be non-rooted so it doesn't work with them
i am really liking my kz es4 though

Jun 14, 2018 at 4:58 AM Post #33,583 of 63,883
And I am serious
I`ll try to come up with something about it when I get mine (teal color with no mic). Probably some wood-tweaking again :wink:

Jun 14, 2018 at 6:02 AM Post #33,584 of 63,883
I`ll try to come up with something about it when I get mine (teal color with no mic). Probably some wood-tweaking again :wink:
will be looking forward for your mod

why you still have north forest as incoming in your signature

any mods for north forest

Jun 14, 2018 at 6:07 AM Post #33,585 of 63,883
LoL...

Lol
Hahahahhahaha
ROFL

I got ya

And I am serious

What music are you listening to? Cause for me the ES4 are the worst IEMs I own for complex tracks and especially for metal. Drums sound unnatural, cymbals lack definition, voice and electric guitars mix in a very unpleasant way. If I listen to my studio monitors then switch to the ES4, they sound totally unnatural and not clear. The ZS6 and even ZS10 are far better for this.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back