Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Mar 27, 2015 at 11:53 AM Post #3,031 of 64,000
I compared edse to the havis and edse is very v-shaped compared to the budget flat master.
They did Bob Dylan with ease, though Mozart's symphonies didnt go that well.

I gave more time on it. I just think it's best for the price. Since it has very similar sonic as IE80, it works well for symphonies. I did not hear many great budgeted earphones. But EDSE is better/much better than those like MP8320, ue600, M9p for symphonies.
Now I found why it did not sound that good as 80. Its imaging is not very clear. That's why it's easy to cause fatigue. I wonder if it could be improved after burning in?

Mar 27, 2015 at 12:49 PM Post #3,033 of 64,000
No due to the v shape it does not work greatly with classical, and especially symphonies. Mp8320 is much better thanks to the great mids. But everyone their taste of course
smily_headphones1.gif

Well, I admit 8320 is better for opera and maybe piano and violin solo, but not for symphonies/orchestra.
smily_headphones1.gif
It's well-known IE8/80 are best for symphonies, but they are all v shape more or less. Anyway, EDSE have much better soundstage and dynamic over 8320. And moreover, I don't know why, it seems the high of 8320 became more and more harsh after burning in. Now I cannot even endure it.
frown.gif

Mar 27, 2015 at 12:59 PM Post #3,034 of 64,000
How is your seal? Mine is great and I have lots of bass, but just perfect enough for symphonies. Maybe yours is bad? I have 3 pairs and they're amazing, maybe 90% of havi's sound stage and a very neutral, though bright sound. Edse is too congested sounding for symphonies although I would happily listen to them with edse. Mp8320 are just better for classical and I could not think why people would choose v shape over neutral/tad bright for classical.

Mar 27, 2015 at 1:08 PM Post #3,035 of 64,000
You guys should try ED3 or ANV for symphonies and classical. EDSE is not really good at it with its mid going on backfoot.

Mar 27, 2015 at 1:21 PM Post #3,036 of 64,000
How is your seal? Mine is great and I have lots of bass, but just perfect enough for symphonies. Maybe yours is bad? I have 3 pairs and they're amazing, maybe 90% of havi's sound stage and a very neutral, though bright sound. Edse is too congested sounding for symphonies although I would happily listen to them with edse. Mp8320 are just better for classical and I could not think why people would choose v shape over neutral/tad bright for classical.

Interesting.
smily_headphones1.gif
Well, I used a lot 8320 before. I also think it has great bass quality. But I still need some EQ. After geting in more high end ones, I seldom used 8320. Now occasionally use it, just found a very harsh high. Well, anyway, you think soundstage of EDSE is congested? That's funny. People are different. :)
Anyway, Seenheiser are tuned for classical, especially high dynamic symphony, I think no one would deny it. Even 800 is v shape a little bit.

Mar 27, 2015 at 3:22 PM Post #3,037 of 64,000

Interesting.
smily_headphones1.gif
Well, I used a lot 8320 before. I also think it has great bass quality. But I still need some EQ. After geting in more high end ones, I seldom used 8320. Now occasionally use it, just found a very harsh high. Well, anyway, you think soundstage of EDSE is congested? That's funny. People are different. :)
Anyway, Seenheiser are tuned for classical, especially high dynamic symphony, I think no one would deny it. Even 800 is v shape a little bit.

I also prefer v-shape IEM with classical music. 

Mar 27, 2015 at 9:42 PM Post #3,039 of 64,000
Which model is the best for the bass? I forgot amongst all the models.Was it R35?

DT3 and R1.
No idea about R35...

Mar 27, 2015 at 11:13 PM Post #3,040 of 64,000

I gave more time on it. I just think it's best for the price. Since it has very similar sonic as IE80, it works well for symphonies. I did not hear many great budgeted earphones. But EDSE is better/much better than those like MP8320, ue600, M9p for symphonies.
Now I found why it did not sound that good as 80. Its imaging is not very clear. That's why it's easy to cause fatigue. I wonder if it could be improved after burning in?

The KZEDSE upscales very well. the better the source, the better they sound IMHO.

They sound better with warm toned sources as well

Mar 29, 2015 at 7:25 AM Post #3,041 of 64,000

Received my ED3 yesterday. They are more vocal focused compared to EDSE/ED8. Mids and highs are better represented on ED3 compared to EDSE and they feel better balanced. Trebleheads and those loving neutral sound will like these. Bass is tight but quantity is less compared to EDSE. 

My sister and I happen to like opposite sound signatures, she being a treblehead and me being a basshead. She is loving ED3 so much and attributed that to the fact that vocals get represented really well on these. 

These are really well built and look phenomenal. You also get the same juicy cable of EDSE on ED3.

If you need more info then just ask.  Eisen over and out. 

Mar 29, 2015 at 8:37 AM Post #3,045 of 64,000
@EISENbricher
Do you have KZ-ES Pro? If so, can you please do a quick comparison of ED3 and ES Pro and share your impression.. I read in one of the earlier posts that it has a bright signature as well..

I don't have ES yet... Maybe some other fellow thread member would be able to guide. I am also curious about what sets apart the ED3 and ES.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back