Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Mar 31, 2018 at 6:15 PM Post #29,806 of 63,978
This isn't the right thread to ask but I can't find a Chi-Fi amplifier thread. And there seems to be a few knowledgeable folks here so…

Does anyone know where I can buy additional amplifier rubber bands? I mean those heavier than office ones for securing your amp to your phone or DAP? I tried a search within category on AliExpress for rubber band in the portable electronics category but it always puts me into general results where it shows nothing but office type ones. I have a few sizes of these things because I've bought a few amps but its a case of I want more this size but the amp came with that size. Figured they couldn't be too expensive to purchase on their own but I can't find the requisite magical phrase to find any. Any help would be appreciated.

Mar 31, 2018 at 6:22 PM Post #29,807 of 63,978
This isn't the right thread to ask but I can't find a Chi-Fi amplifier thread. And there seems to be a few knowledgeable folks here so…

Does anyone know where I can buy additional amplifier rubber bands? I mean those heavier than office ones for securing your amp to your phone or DAP? I tried a search within category on AliExpress for rubber band in the portable electronics category but it always puts me into general results where it shows nothing but office type ones. I have a few sizes of these things because I've bought a few amps but its a case of I want more this size but the amp came with that size. Figured they couldn't be too expensive to purchase on their own but I can't find the requisite magical phrase to find any. Any help would be appreciated.

found one example... maybe to use as a starting point to find search words... I would include silcone (which is not the same as silicon... I see that confusion quite a bit)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Silicone-i...9&sr=8-1&keywords=silicone+bands+portable+amp

there are wristbands too... if the size is right...these glow in the dark!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Blu...-wristband/32794493011.html?priceBeautifyAB=0

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2018 at 7:41 PM Post #29,808 of 63,978
Some of the sound engineers I know of have discovered the ZST:

http://www.behindthemixer.com/kz-zs5-earphone-review/

I "discovered" Chi-Fi through another sound man. The sound guy for one of my bands had bought a ZST that the singer was using. The singer liked them better than the Shure set he was using before. I came back to Head-Fi to do some research and have been here ever since.

Mar 31, 2018 at 11:07 PM Post #29,809 of 63,978
Some of the sound engineers I know of have discovered the ZST:

http://www.behindthemixer.com/kz-zs5-earphone-review/

I "discovered" Chi-Fi through another sound man. The sound guy for one of my bands had bought a ZST that the singer was using. The singer liked them better than the Shure set he was using before. I came back to Head-Fi to do some research and have been here ever since.

Wow, he likely tried the ZS5 v2. I wonder what his impression would have been had he tried some of the better KZ options - ZSR, ZS6 (for the impressive build quality), and even the upcoming ZS10?

Apr 1, 2018 at 10:38 AM Post #29,811 of 63,978
Hi, my new kz es3 arrived and I have a few questions. my kz es3 sounds more sharper than my zsr, is it because of the extra BA in the zsr? Es3 sounds hurts my ears after a while.
Or is es3 a bright iem while zsr is a warm iem?
From my experience:
ES3, (after 80hrs pink noise burnin) has very good bass, voices sounding artificial, trebles detailed but sybillant all the time. You could try burnin with white noise for 100hrs
ZSR (after 40hrs pink noise burnin) Excellent bass, Voices sounding natural (slightly recessed vs ZS6) very good detailed trebles rarely sybillant, yes, rather a bit warm.
two BAs well tuned in the ZSR vs one agressive in ES3

Apr 1, 2018 at 4:23 PM Post #29,813 of 63,978
Guys, i just found out that KZ iem's sell on ebay, why not get them from there?

Often much more expensive and there are constantly deals on Aliexpress and Gearbest + it is equally reliable to order them from China directly. Essentially, you'd only want them from e-bay if you need them faster and you know that they will reach you faster from e-bay (which isn't always the case).

Apr 1, 2018 at 4:35 PM Post #29,814 of 63,978
Often much more expensive and there are constantly deals on Aliexpress and Gearbest + it is equally reliable to order them from China directly. Essentially, you'd only want them from e-bay if you need them faster and you know that they will reach you faster from e-bay (which isn't always the case).

But isn't ebay's warranty better? Also Paypal.

Apr 1, 2018 at 5:15 PM Post #29,817 of 63,978
I've been ordering from GearBest for over two years with no issue. I've also talked to their support regarding KZ IEMs not arriving and they've been stellar as well.

If you treat their support with respect, that's what you'll get in return.

Apr 1, 2018 at 5:17 PM Post #29,818 of 63,978
It was mine also, until i saw the feedback online on them.
I saw the feedback too, before I ordered anything. I went in knowing it might be a crapshoot. On the whole, I have been more than happy. I have ordered hats, headphones, earphones and a cellphone. So far only a $6 smartwatch came DOA, and a $3 Bluetooth cable got lost in customs. I will continue to order from them because of the extreme value they offer.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2018 at 5:24 PM Post #29,819 of 63,978
If you do order from Gearbest, I'd pay the couple dollars extra for tracked shipping. Actually not so long ago I ordered a ZS6 from them during a $19.99 sale and went with the free shipping. Almost two months later they hadn't arrived so I opened a dispute with PayPal, got a refund from the seller the next day, and then a couple days after that they showed up in the mail! Not fun waiting that long but hey, free earphones

Apr 1, 2018 at 7:49 PM Post #29,820 of 63,978
Guys, i just found out that KZ iem's sell on ebay, why not get them from there?

I've bought numerous from ebay.

Also have gotten them from Gearbest, Amazon, Wish, Banggood, DealExtreme, DHgate, FastTech, and a few other minor Chinese sites.

It pays to shop around :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back