Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 30, 2018 at 4:30 AM Post #27,571 of 63,985
Well I prefer my Reds to the black as well, keep those in my consol for when out and about. Based on the finish of the black and red ones I'm sure the gray will look far better than my gray ZS5's.

I love my carbon ZST's as they look far my professional than my colorfuls, sure wish KZ would hurry up and run the dreams again!

******* A L E R T *******

Looks like KZ has silently modified the ZS6.
Pay close attention.

The first image is an image from three months ago. Note that the first image shows TWO of the same exact BA (30095).
Screenshot_2018-01-30-00-58-34.png

The second image is also from several months ago. Note the "high pitched" balanced armature X2 in the photo. Same BA receivers.
51YKicZWqFL._SL1500_.jpg

Now look at the third and most recent image. One midrange BA and one treble BA.
51bw1h4QoUL._SL1500_.jpg

Note that it is the same for the ZSR (1 midrange BA and 1 Treble BA).
61VdGovhzLL._SL1500_.jpg

Just thought everyone should be aware that "what once was" is no more. When I get my new Pewter ZS6 I'll update the difference between my ZS6(i) and then new ZS6(ii).

I also think it's cool and interesting that KZ tuned the 6mm micro-driver for the sub-bass. This explains why the sub-bass is so quick and tight on the ZS6.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2018 at 4:31 AM Post #27,572 of 63,985
Not to detract from current conversations but,
Does anyone know the key differences between kz Ate, Ate-S and ATR?

2 weeks ago, I ordered the Ate-S, with my intention of doing the FF mods (thanks to guides from coil and slater)

Just wondering if there are any drawbacks to trying these mod on this model, rather than the regular ATEs

I can't recall the exact difference but my ATE-S sounds weird or off to me. I will take the ATR over it any day. Afterall, the ATR was the one that started me on my Chi-fi audio journey.

Jan 30, 2018 at 5:37 AM Post #27,574 of 63,985
My ZS6 arrived today, they are a little brighter than the ZS5 and feel somewhat hollow from my first impressions. For now i think i prefer the ZS5. The biggest improvement is definitely in build quality except the still horrendous failure that is the lack of a lip for securing the tips. Really what are they thinking? My tips keep getting stuck in my ears. Any recommendation for this awful design flaw?
You can put a little ring of shrinkage tubing on the sound guide and heat it. So, this way you'll make something like a riffle to keep your tips on the headphones.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2018 at 5:42 AM Post #27,575 of 63,985
******* A L E R T *******

Looks like KZ has silently modified the ZS6.
Pay close attention.

Just thought everyone should be aware that "what once was" is no more. When I get my new Pewter ZS6 I'll update the difference between my ZS6(i) and then new ZS6(ii).

I also think it's cool and interesting that KZ tuned the 6mm micro-driver for the sub-bass. This explains why the sub-bass is so quick and tight on the ZS6.

I am looking forward to your comparison. I hope the sounds are the same as the ZS5 v1...

Jan 30, 2018 at 5:44 AM Post #27,576 of 63,985
Considering the BA layout for ZS5 V1 had one BA in the nozzle, where this will still have two, it is unlikely that will be the outcome. It is, however, plausible just by sheer accident.

Jan 30, 2018 at 5:44 AM Post #27,577 of 63,985
Even cheaper here for our US friends (as usual :wink:):

https://www.amazon.com/Earphones-UiiSii-CM5-Headphones-Comfortable/dp/B07415PGTY

Interesting description here:

UiiSii CM5 Headphones with earphones Double moving-coil L type bending schoolgirl

https://www.miniinthebox.com/uiisii...-coil-l-type-bending-schoolgirl_p6417081.html

:astonished:

Got 2, 1 black 1 blue for $18 bucks shipped. Hoping there are as good as touted by folks. Also hope there is 1 year warranty included. Had durability issues with hm7's.

Jan 30, 2018 at 6:26 AM Post #27,578 of 63,985
Um, my link with the discount was to the US site... :confused:

Well I was surprised, I don't think I've ever even been to an Amazon ad that said it does not ship to the US, thanx for the other link C2.

Looking forward to your findings Doc, sure hoping they are telling the truth and not just saying it's more of a Mid-High BA! Makes me mad when they don't come on out and say the new model is a Rev. 2 with a new BA.

Jan 30, 2018 at 7:31 AM Post #27,579 of 63,985
On the subject of a ZS6 v2, when @George-gearbest posted a ZS6 coupon on the deal thread I went to Gearbest to look at it. Looked at something else and wanted to get back so I searched instead of using the back key and saw this different page for a more expensive no coupon version. Note the first picture with writing that says "extra bass" and "improved cable". This is probably where the picture showing a midrange and treble BA comes from.

https://www.gearbest.com/earbud-headphones/pp_1451831.html

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2018 at 7:39 AM Post #27,580 of 63,985
Well I was surprised, I don't think I've ever even been to an Amazon ad that said it does not ship to the US, thanx for the other link C2.

Looking forward to your findings Doc, sure hoping they are telling the truth and not just saying it's more of a Mid-High BA! Makes me mad when they don't come on out and say the new model is a Rev. 2 with a new BA.

I hear you. I think this is why some enthusiasts don't give them credit for being as good as they are. It's simply due to unprofessional moves like this. I curbed SoundMAGIC for doing this exact thing and I was pretty brutal about it. It is not an acceptable practice to revise your product and not revise the model#.

KZ, if you're reading this then take note. It is unacceptable business practice to release a product in one configuration, revise the configuration and fail to indicate the revision by way of the model name or number.

Why?

Because if your customer for one reason or another needs to replace the item, he or she needs to know if it is the same product or if the product has been altered. How difficult is it to to put ZS6(ii) on the box? Two treble BA's will sound different from one treble BA coupled to one midrange BA or you wouldn't have changed it. Jimminy Crickets!!!

10010434.gif

Sorry, the rest of you had to witness that but somebody had to say it. Maybe they don't know any better, but in my eyes "that dog don't hunt". Several months ago Hidizs released the Hidizs60. Recently, they revised it and it is now the Hidizs60 ii. It isn't rocket science. It is common courtesy towards your customers if you value them. Jimminy Crickets!
Screenshot_2018-01-18-00-17-36.png

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2018 at 7:56 AM Post #27,582 of 63,985
I hear you. I think this is why some enthusiasts don't give them credit for being as good as they are. It's simply due to unprofessional moves like this. I curbed SoundMAGIC for doing this exact thing and I was pretty brutal about it. It is not an acceptable practice to revise your product and not revise the model#.

KZ, if you're reading this then take note. It is unacceptable business practice to release a product in one configuration, revise the configuration and fail to indicate the revision by way of the model name or number.

Why?

Because if your customer for one reason or another needs to replace the item, he or she needs to know if it is the same product or if the product has been altered. How difficult is it to to put ZS6(ii) on the box? Two treble BA's will sound different from one treble BA coupled to one midrange BA or you wouldn't have changed it. Jimminy Crickets!!!

Sorry, the rest of you had to witness that but somebody had to say it. Maybe they don't know any better, but in my eyes "that dog don't hunt". Hidizs released the Hidizs60. Recently, they revised it and it is now the Hidizs60 ii. It isn't rocket science. It is common courtesy towards your customers if you value them. Jimminy Crickets!

I like KZ headphones very much, but I think this is the missing side of KZ. Like what they do in ZS5 v1 and ZS5 v2.

Jan 30, 2018 at 8:34 AM Post #27,585 of 63,985
Well I was surprised, I don't think I've ever even been to an Amazon ad that said it does not ship to the US.
That's strange. Also, it is cheaper to get them from there to here than from the UK site.

ETA: Does anyone know why the :cheers: smiley has shrunk? :beerchug:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back