1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. DocHoliday

I wish KZ would hurry up and run these.

Screenshot_2018-01-30-00-37-20.png

......and I hope those of you in need of a BT cable for your KZ noticed the post a few pages back. It has a 7+ hour battery life.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  2. Viber
    what? where?

3. Willber
    Absolutely with you 100%.
    (What am I looking at?)

Viber likes this.
  4. Podster
    Ooh Doc, is that KZ's model of the Airs?

I'm with Slater @Lord Rexter , do the Gray ones sound different or at least more bassy as they are touting?

5. Jay Magaling
    ZS10

6. Willber
    Thanks.

7. DocHoliday

These are reportedly the prototype of the ZS10. Notice all of the balanced armatures. I have one more photo. I'll locate it and post it but it isn't much better than this one.

Screenshot_2018-01-30-00-37-20.png

Found it.

Screenshot_2018-01-30-11-27-17.png

8. DocHoliday
    The first part was for Khighly since she is reviewing the iBasso ITO3 and will be doing a comparison to one of her favorite KZ's (ZS5i).

9. Podster
    Guess I've not done a good job of keeping up with KZ's future plans, is that thing suppose to be all BA's? Are all those rectangles sticking up out of those boards BA bottoms?

10. MyPants
    No, they appear to be surface-mount electrical components. Likely the crossover network.

-Edit- Also, the ZS10 is purported to be 4xBA and 1xDD.

11. Podster
    That is what I was thinking with all the drivers behind it with the exception of the two BA's

12. bsoplinger
    That's what I was thinking when I saw those little rectangles also. I'd be really nice if KZ was actually using crossovers in their products. Even for the 'improvements' to the ZS6 with its separate mid and high BAs and DD. A setup like that makes me cringe at the thought of everything just being wired together. But I do seem to remember seeing, perhaps in the opened image of a ZS5 instead of ZS6, that there was a surface mount resister in there. (aren't capacitors used for simple crossovers though because they act as low (or is it high) pass filters?)

13. DocHoliday

You can never be too sure what to expect with KZ. They've teased one thing and delivered something different. They teased an ATH-E70 clone but the reality was the ZSE. They teased a ZS10 then we got the plastic ZS5. It's best just to wait and see what they have concocted or we'll roll through pages of speculation. If it is in fact a multi-BA IEM, then hopefully they may have designed their own low frequency BA. It'll be interesting to see what they've done.

14. Lord Rexter
    Test completed here's what I have uncovered on the Grey one (to my ears):
    1. The bass is little bit stronger
    2. The sound stage was a little wider
    3. The bass is bleeding into the mids, but not too much though

Test Bed:

IEMs:
    KZ ZS6 Grey (around 30hrs of burn in) vs KZ ZS6 black color (around 100hrs of burn in)

Test Track: Starboy by The Weeknd

Source:
    FiiO X5 2nd Gen (with Firmware version 2.1) with FiiO L26 (3.5mm single ended to 2.5mm balanced adopter cable)

FiiO X5 3rd Gen with Firmware version 1.1.9 (balanced output) using HiByMusic v3.0.0 player

Common cable and tips:
    OKCSC 0.78mm 2 Pin 2.5mm balanced cable
    With 5mm Memory foam oval tips

DocHoliday and fluteloop like this.
  15. Podster
    Yes sir and I'm thinking that is why a lot of us are here:beerchug: To get politically correct here's an old Skool KZ shot:grinning:

KZ Roundup.JPG